• 1 Post By Proximal
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 3 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By SocioMachiavelli
  • 3 Post By SocioMachiavelli

Thread: Blood pressure

KennyJ is offline Member

Blood pressure

Curious to see what opinions y'all have on blood pressure during cycle?

What do you consider too high while on cycle?
    Ernst likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Usually difficulty breathing or vision problems are signs of high BP

I have two different cuffs for monitoring my BP just incase. I also get a checkup every few months and the only time I had any signs of BP issues was when I started TRT
    Figured out donating blood because of high hematocrit/hemoglobin would fix this and haven't had any issues since
    I'm still in my 30s though so haven't really seen or felt too many issues related to blood pressure

Caffeine, stress, tobacco also has a play in BP...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    KennyJ and Ernst like this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Usually difficulty breathing or vision problems are signs of high BP

I have two different cuffs for monitoring my BP just incase. I also get a checkup every few months and the only time I had any signs of BP issues was when I started TRT
    Figured out donating blood because of high hematocrit/hemoglobin would fix this and haven't had any issues since
    I'm still in my 30s though so haven't really seen or felt too many issues related to blood pressure

Caffeine, stress, tobacco also has a play in BP...

Checked mine today and it was 125/83. I started a cycle about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I know it has probably been higher at times but my hormones are out of whack because I haven't cycled in a long time. I hope it will level out in a few weeks. At times it just feels like it's higher. My face will get a little more red than normal and I'll get hot. Vascularity showing a lot more.
    Ernst likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    It's going to get high on cycle

Mine off cucke sits at 108/62 or so

8 weeks in I'm 130/89 or so.

It goes down when my doses go down
    Ernst and KennyJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Checked mine today and it was 125/83. I started a cycle about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I know it has probably been higher at times but my hormones are out of whack because I haven't cycled in a long time. I hope it will level out in a few weeks. At times it just feels like it's higher. My face will get a little more red than normal and I'll get hot. Vascularity showing a lot more.
    I'm not an expert but that doesnt sound high and I'm usually around the same range
    What I find helps and I don't know if this is common practice but I do this just stay calm and relax during these tests and I notice my BP goes down normally
    Caffeine also has a big play in this and might mess with BP for a few hours

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I'm not an expert but that doesnt sound high and I'm usually around the same range
    What I find helps and I don't know if this is common practice but I do this just stay calm and relax during these tests and I notice my BP goes down normally
    Caffeine also has a big play in this and might mess with BP for a few hours

Yea that's not very high but I need to check it during one of those times when I'm feeling hot. I think anything above 120/80 is considered elevated but not high. I'm not sure if that's the exact number but google will tell you. Thanks and I'm curious to see what other members tell me about when they cycle.
    EDCG19 likes this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    It's going to get high on cycle

Mine off cucke sits at 108/62 or so

8 weeks in I'm 130/89 or so.

It goes down when my doses go down
    Thanks Couch

KennyJ is offline Member
    Thanks Couch
    Couch are you on TRT off cycle or do you do PCT?

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Couch are you on TRT off cycle or do you do PCT?
    Self prescribed trt.

175mg test per week , 50mg EOD.

I take .125mg Adex EOD.
    KennyJ likes this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    First I'd reference your own normal resting BP taken while off cycle. 'Normal' is actually a pretty wide range and if your systolic was normally very low and went up to the top of normal that might not be so great. Then there's what you're personally comfortable with and how well you feel.

For me I generally don't experience all that much of a change while on. My personal comfort limit is 136-- which I have reached at least once in the past while using anadrol . Past 140 you are officially in high BP.

Yeah, I'm really just looking at systolic for the most part. As long as the pulse pressure (diff between systolic and diastolic) is decent then I'm cool with that approach.
    KennyJ likes this.

Testlolblast is offline Associate Member

I never had too extreme blood pressure increase while cycling test enanthate for 8 weeks. But, I had been taking proviron 25 mg day for 5 months in 2007 and I would say my upper blood pressure number sometimes was near 178 at the same time the lower blood pressure number being almost normal maybe that's why I stopped to selfmedicate myself with proviron every day.

Now after quite a long absence in steroid use I'm planning to do my very first cutting cycle (possible, next summer):

1)1st week to 8th week: tren ace 100mg/ eod;
    2)1st week to 8th week: test prop 50mg/ eod;

PCT:

1st week: hcg 500iu x2/ week;
    2nd week: hcg 500iu x2/ week;
    3rd week: hcg 500iu x2/ week;
    4th week: clomid 75mg/ nolva 40mg;
    5th week clomid 75g/ nolva 40mg;
    6th week clomid 50mg/ nolva 20mg
    7th week clomid 25mg/ nolva 20mg.

Well I hope there are going to be no serious blood pressure, heart, brain & mood issues, also don't wanna screw up my natural testosterone production, that's why I added hcg. What're your thoughts, guys?

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I think you should not hijack other peoples threads.

You have your own:

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ace-cycle.html

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...istration.html

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yea that's not very high but I need to check it during one of those times when I'm feeling hot. I think anything above 120/80 is considered elevated but not high. I'm not sure if that's the exact number but google will tell you. Thanks and I'm curious to see what other members tell me about when they cycle.
    The parameters for blood pressure are 90-140 for systolic and 60-90 on diastolic. 125/83 is within the normal ranges, it may be slightly elevated for you but it is not hypertensive. You just need to continue monitor it throughout your cycle, it would of been advantageous to take a baseline measurement before commencing your cycle.
    Ernst and KennyJ like this.

I should of also mentioned, you get more leeway with the systolic than the diastolic. If the systolic is 150 this is hypertensive and needs to be addressed but it's not time for panic stations. However if the diastolic is 100 then.... i'd be concerned.
    KennyJ likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    If your blood pressure is less than 130 systolic you don’t have high blood pressure. Mind is 130 laying down half asleep. And before I ever took steroids and I’m not fat.
    KennyJ likes this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    If your blood pressure is less than 130 systolic you don’t have high blood pressure. Mind is 130 laying down half asleep. And before I ever took steroids and I’m not fat.
    Yea I've never had high blood pressure but about 2 weeks into my current cycle I'll just notice getting hot and my face will feel red and my veins will dilate but I'm pretty sure my hormones are causing this since I haven't cycled in so long. Pretty sure my blood pressure is a little elevated when I feel this. After speaking with GH we have determined that I'm definitely having some DHT symptoms from all the elevated androgens. I'm gonna get a BP monitor so I can check it whenever I want.
    Last edited by KennyJ; 12-21-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Keep it at 120/80. Anything more is too high in my opinion.
    KennyJ likes this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testlolblast View Post
    I never had too extreme blood pressure increase while cycling test enanthate for 8 weeks. But, I had been taking proviron 25 mg day for 5 months in 2007 and I would say my upper blood pressure number sometimes was near 178 at the same time the lower blood pressure number being almost normal maybe that's why I stopped to selfmedicate myself with proviron every day.

Now after quite a long absence in steroid use I'm planning to do my very first cutting cycle (possible, next summer):

1)1st week to 8th week: tren ace 100mg/ eod;
    2)1st week to 8th week: test prop 50mg/ eod;

PCT:

1st week: hcg 500iu x2/ week;
    2nd week: hcg 500iu x2/ week;
    3rd week: hcg 500iu x2/ week;
    4th week: clomid 75mg/ nolva 40mg;
    5th week clomid 75g/ nolva 40mg;
    6th week clomid 50mg/ nolva 20mg
    7th week clomid 25mg/ nolva 20mg.

Well I hope there are going to be no serious blood pressure, heart, brain & mood issues, also don't wanna screw up my natural testosterone production, that's why I added hcg. What're your thoughts, guys?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you are the one who asked about this Tren cycle before so forgive me if I'm wrong.
    I remember several vets who advised against this being that you haven't cycled much and have bi-polar disorder.
    I would strongly suggest you take their advice and if you are gonna cycle no matter what anyone says I would suggest that you just cycle with something that has a little less reputation of harsh side effects. There were multiple smart guys that gave you good advice and I think you should listen to them.
    Best of luck

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    I think you should not hijack other peoples threads.

You have your own:

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ace-cycle.html

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...istration.html
    He should really take the advice from the responses of the vets in his threads. He keeps asking what people think and doesn't like the answers. It's not like he's just starting too soon it's more the fact that this could really affect his mental state. I wish he would take their advice on this one.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    The parameters for blood pressure are 90-140 for systolic and 60-90 on diastolic. 125/83 is within the normal ranges, it may be slightly elevated for you but it is not hypertensive. You just need to continue monitor it throughout your cycle, it would of been advantageous to take a baseline measurement before commencing your cycle.
    Here is your answer. High blood pressure is high blood pressure whether on cycle or not IMO.
    Just before competition I usually get high BP from the tren dosages. I take atenolol to keep it below 140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KennyJ likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Are you guys using a lot of stimulants to ramp up your metabolism or using pre-workout mixes, or is this purely AAS having an effect?

Couch, I’m jealous of your off-cycle BP, nice.
    KennyJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Are you guys using a lot of stimulants to ramp up your metabolism or using pre-workout mixes, or is this purely AAS having an effect?

Couch, I’m jealous of your off-cycle BP, nice.
    I use no stimulants at all, you can even ask my coke dealer.

I haven't used a pre-workout since I took a half dose of one a decade ago and I thought I was gonna die. Heart rate over 180 and bp over 230/100 for 10 min. Stimulants restrict blood vessels and increase blood pressure, so I have no idea why people use them before working out.

I use no stimulants at all, you can even ask my coke dealer.

I haven't used a pre-workout since I took a half dose of one a decade ago and I thought I was gonna die. Heart rate over 180 and bp over 230/100 for 10 min. Stimulants restrict blood vessels and increase blood pressure, so I have no idea why people use them before working out.
    It depends on what kind of stims, if you have heard of yohimbine combined with a preworkout that shit will jack up your system and I was doing cardio at the time my heart rate was through the roof on that type of stimulant
    I don't use a PWO everyday either maybe 4 times a week I'll grab a scoop or half a scoop before the gym
    Sometimes I'll skip it and just take a 200mg caffeine pill

It isn't about the sensation you get from preworkouts for me its the mind state I can access when I'm under something like that

If I could quit and stop buying that shit I would

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    a lot of blood pressure issues while on cycle have a lot to do with how your body is utilizing the compound your taking and this changes over time as you get acclimated to the drug/dosage.

I remember about 7 or so years ago deciding to run a moderate dosage of Test, deca , and dbol (800,600,50day). I put on quite a bit of weight fairly quick (about 25 pounds). my blood pressure got to 210/100.
    but now I can run twice those dosages and it not really effect my blood pressure at all. I'll maybe get to like 130/80. of course I can't put on 25 pounds that quick like I used to either, I have to fight for every pound.

if your a newer user of AAS. your first couple years (5-6 cycles) are going to be more susceptible to blood pressure issues imo. but as you acclimate to the drugs and the lifestyle your body utilizes things more efficiently and you don't get near the water retention and bloat and spill over and negative effects.
    if you have blood pressure issues with say Dbol right now . in 5 years you may not have BP issues with it. its interesting how that works and how the body adapts over time

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    a lot of blood pressure issues while on cycle have a lot to do with how your body is utilizing the compound your taking and this changes over time as you get acclimated to the drug/dosage.

I remember about 7 or so years ago deciding to run a moderate dosage of Test, deca , and dbol (800,600,50day). I put on quite a bit of weight fairly quick (about 25 pounds). my blood pressure got to 210/100.
    but now I can run twice those dosages and it not really effect my blood pressure at all. I'll maybe get to like 130/80. of course I can't put on 25 pounds that quick like I used to either, I have to fight for every pound.

if your a newer user of AAS. your first couple years (5-6 cycles) are going to be more susceptible to blood pressure issues imo. but as you acclimate to the drugs and the lifestyle your body utilizes things more efficiently and you don't get near the water retention and bloat and spill over and negative effects.
    if you have blood pressure issues with say Dbol right now . in 5 years you may not have BP issues with it. its interesting how that works and how the body adapts over time
    I have actually noted the opposite, but I attribute it to age.
    I seem to get more sides as I get older and need to take extra things to try and keep them in check.

mxgregg, Proximal and GearHeaded like this.

mxgregg is offline Junior Member
    I struggle with high blood pressure, How much atenolol to you take each day and do you stop cold turkey after your cycle or wean yourself off?

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Here is your answer. High blood pressure is high blood pressure whether on cycle or not IMO.
    Just before competition I usually get high BP from the tren dosages. I take atenolol to keep it below 140.

Quote Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
    I struggle with high blood pressure, How much atenolol to you take each day and do you stop cold turkey after your cycle or wean yourself off?
    25mg to start with and take it from there. It is a very potent beta blocker so I'd be hesitant to go above 50mg for non heart conditions. If you had to go above that I'd stop the cycle or donate blood.

Never just cease a cardiac med, decrease by 25mg per week to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    mxgregg3544 likes this.

mxgregg3544 is offline Junior Member
    25mg to start with and take it from there. It is a very potent beta blocker so I'd be hesitant to go above 50mg for non heart conditions. If you had to go above that I'd stop the cycle or donate blood.

Never just cease a cardiac med, decrease by 25mg per week to be safe.

Thanks, my normal bp is about 145/80 and my doc doesn't want to put me on BP meds, last cycle 509mg test per week in week 5 my BP got to 170/90 so I stopped my cycle. That was about 6 months ago so I'm ready to try again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mxgregg3544 View Post
    Thanks, my normal bp is about 145/80 and my doc doesn't want to put me on BP meds, last cycle 509mg test per week in week 5 my BP got to 170/90 so I stopped my cycle. That was about 6 months ago so I'm ready to try again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Do you do any cardiovascular exercise at all? I'm talking moderate to high intensity, you're already hypertensive before starting cycle...you need to be doing things that can reduce this outside of medication.

The issue you have is that atenolol will inhibit your cardiovascular performance, which you need to be increasing.

I'd personally opt for something like candesartan

I want you to be aware that the advice I have given is what I would do regarding the atenolol. I'm certainly not suggesting you should begin taking it, I have no knowledge if you have any underlying heart issues that it may exacerbate. Atenolol is a very potent beta blocker that could fk you up

mxgregg3544, Ernst and mxgregg like this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member

-There are three ways to look at the question, acute, chronic and holistic.
    -Acute, your BP becomes so high that you could die.
    -Chronic, a cycle may exacerbate primary or secondary issues related to BP that could result in your death or death soon.
    -Holistic, the increase in BP, temp or permanent, due to cycle, is something you are unwilling to tolerate.

mxgregg is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, Advice taken and I will not start taking anything without doing more cardio first and doing more research.

Do you do any cardiovascular exercise at all? I'm talking moderate to high intensity, you're already hypertensive before starting cycle...you need to be doing things that can reduce this outside of medication.

The issue you have is that atenolol will inhibit your cardiovascular performance, which you need to be increasing.

I'd personally opt for something like candesartan

I want you to be aware that the advice I have given is what I would do regarding the atenolol. I'm certainly not suggesting you should begin taking it, I have no knowledge if you have any underlying heart issues that it may exacerbate. Atenolol is a very potent beta blocker that could fk you up

I started taking atenolol at the max dose I think. I was told by my doc to split it in two and take one in the morning and one at night for more even blood levels.

All I noticed is that my diastolic pressure and heart rate are lower. Systolic is unaffected. On a good day, when I’m relaxed, it will be 125/65 at 55 BPM. Before it would be 125/75, at 75 BPM. That’s off cycle. On cycle my systolic went up about 15 points.

I started taking atenolol at the max dose I think. I was told by my doc to split it in two and take one in the morning and one at night for more even blood levels.

All I noticed is that my diastolic pressure and heart rate are lower. Systolic is unaffected. On a good day, when I’m relaxed, it will be 125/65 at 55 BPM. Before it would be 125/75, at 75 BPM. That’s off cycle. On cycle my systolic went up about 15 points.
    What dose?

Even with Atenolol (and no caffeine today), 132/90.

5mg. THC, 5 mg. CBD, 1 mg. Melatonin (an edible meant for sleep) - BP around 96 / 68 for the last 4 hours.

Got some pure CBD products a couple of hours ago, let’s see what happens this week, particularly since vacation is over & it’s back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Even with Atenolol (and no caffeine today), 132/90.

5mg. THC, 5 mg. CBD, 1 mg. Melatonin (an edible meant for sleep) - BP around 96 / 68 for the last 4 hours.

Got some pure CBD products a couple of hours ago, let’s see what happens this week, particularly since vacation is over & it’s back to work.
    I think what you can say for certain is that atenolol on it's own is not doing enough. If you're taking a medication purely for BP you want it to be doing its job without adjunct substances being added to the mix.

What is your HR when unmedicated? Is it purely for the BP that you take atenolol?

When do you next see the MD. The reasoning above is enough grounds to consider an alternative.. Or a new MD

I think what you can say for certain is that atenolol on it's own is not doing enough. If you're taking a medication purely for BP you want it to be doing its job without adjunct substances being added to the mix.

What is your HR when unmedicated? Is it purely for the BP that you take atenolol?

When do you next see the MD. The reasoning above is enough grounds to consider an alternative.. Or a new MD

You are correct regarding the Atenolol.

HR generally in the 70’s.

He’s doing good, just starting off conservatively. We started with diuretics, have tried 2 dosages of Atenolol & I’m sure there’s an answer.

I’m 60, I’ve always been tightly wound (perhaps will go more in the anti-anxiety direction regarding meds) & drink too much. Plus, throw in testosterone & the fact the I am overweight by BMI standards, it could be worse.

I’ve got a good relationship with the MD, but am eager to see what the CBD alone will offer.

Thread Information