slapshot66 is offline New Member

Question Traveling w/meds?

I'm going be be doing a lot of traveling over the next two months, including some international trips, and am wondering how some of you might pack your meds (vials and syringes/needles)? I haven't traveled with this stuff before and don't want any problems with security or customs. I even thought of buying some Humilin U-100 insulin and carefully swapping labels with my meds and also getting a jet-injector and diabetes packet (with dog-tags) just to be safe, if it would work. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Hmm, I would say check them in your baggage, I would not advise you to take them on the plane. Maybe hide them inside shoes or something of that nature. I've never done any traveling so this is strickly a guess, but I will bump it for you. It will be interesting to see what some of the guys do.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Another thing you could do is mail it to yourself if you are not staying at a hotel and will be able to get to the mail. Just make sure you do it my regular post office, because all of the private couriers(like fedex) get checked by customs.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    "Hide it in your shoes?
    Look dude...don't give advice out of your ass! Thats just about the most jack-assed thing I have heard yet. Shoes will signal 7 out of 10 times, and you have to take them off. Or if you meant put it in shoes in your bags...same thing, the density will cause it to alarm...and they open the bags. They go by the 20/20/60 rule.

Dont give advice to someone that may take it and get fucking arrested!

I know about the no flame policy, but mods....this time was salled for!

Original poster...do a search...thats what its there for man.

D

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Check them or carry on, just went thru George Bush and LAX and neither checked very good. I carried something that dogs can smell and I just put it in the waistband of my shorts. Dogs can't smell AS so really unless you do something that points you out theres not much to worry about. One thing to help will be to have NO metal on your body when boarding. Wear a tshirt and warmups with running shoes and you should pass right thru.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I won't bring gear with me on any trip outside of Canada. When travelling within Canada I don't want my gear to break...so I'm thinking about buying this case. http://www.mortonhealthcare.co.uk/lrgamp.htm It can hold the amps on one side and the syringes, etc. on the other. The problem is that they're going to charge me 25 pounds or $55 Cdn dollars for shipping!

slapshot66 is offline New Member
    Here's a case I found that's good for one or two doses - http://www.diabetesstore.com/product...me=Accessories also another for a week long trip -http://www.diabetesstore.com/productdetails.asp?product=DIACLAS&catname=Accesso ries

Even though both are for diabetics, they can be used for traveling with gear. I also found a website to make diabetes medical alert labels and dog-tags. I figured that I would attach them to the outside of the bags.

Thanks.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot66
    Here's a case I found that's good for one or two doses - http://www.diabetesstore.com/product...me=Accessories also another for a week long trip -http://www.diabetesstore.com/productdetails.asp?product=DIACLAS&catname=Accesso ries

Even though both are for diabetics, they can be used for traveling with gear. I also found a website to make diabetes medical alert labels and dog-tags. I figured that I would attach them to the outside of the bags.

Thanks.
    Ya but there's nothing to secure the amps with in those ones. I want something small and sturdy.

Thread Information