• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By timetolift5
  • 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 2 Post By Obs

Thread: Pulled pin out of Delt and blood ran down arm bad

parkrangerlovell is offline New Member

Pulled pin out of Delt and blood ran down arm bad

Afternoon....

Freaked out as I pulled the pin out of Delt and blood ran out down my forearm. I am in high elevation, so I've been taking aspirin. I didnt aspirate , but will do so here on out. Arm is a little sore.

Shot a little over .5cc Test Cyp

Thoughts on if I passed through vein or injected into. Didnt get a cough....

Anything I should do post?

SoCalmk6gti is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parkrangerlovell View Post
    Afternoon....

Freaked out as I pulled the pin out of Delt and blood ran out down my forearm. I am in high elevation, so I've been taking aspirin. I didnt aspirate , but will do so here on out. Arm is a little sore.

Shot a little over .5cc Test Cyp

Thoughts on if I passed through vein or injected into. Didnt get a cough....

Anything I should do post?
    Has nothing to do with aspirating. Nurses aren't taught to aspirate anymore.

Thin blood? Possible

Alcohol in blood? Possible

Too shallow? Possible, pin deeper.

Pulled pin too fast? Leave pin in arm for 15+ seconds after pushing all oil. Let it soak in.

Nothing to do now. Alcohol swab the area, add band-aid if concerned. What's done is done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    parkrangerlovell and Quester like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Where on delt & what size/gauge needle?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pulled pin out of Delt and blood ran down arm bad-52fb0c49-162d-4f48-89fd-a7aab7cf37c8.jpg  

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    No drama at all, you just past through a small vain. It can happen anytime. Just always aspirate so you know you are not IN! a vain before you pin.
    3day and Dgs59 like this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalmk6gti View Post
    Has nothing to do with aspirating. Nurses aren't taught to aspirate anymore
    I would still advice to aspirate , call me old fashioned but I don't want the oil go through my heart
    SoCalmk6gti likes this.

3day is offline Member
    My daughter is in nursing school now and said she was taught to aspirate . So guess it's different depending on teachers.
    Dgs59 likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgs59 View Post
    I would still advice to aspirate , call me old fashioned but I don't want the oil go through my heart
    lol , if you could get a 25g needle straight into a vein within a muscle an inject oil into it ,, you could probably win the lotto 3 times in a row. no matter how hard you try your not going to be able to inject into a vein , let alone by accident.

10 years of running gear.. thousands of injections from glutes, quads, biceps, triceps, chest, lats, delts, etc.. I've never once aspirated. its completely unnecessary and actually causing more PIP and trauma to the injection site (plus its the pain if your injecting yourself one handed).

the odds of accidentally injecting oil into a vein are probably similar to winning the lotto, going to the beach the same day to celebrate, getting your leg bit off by a shark, making it to the shore, then getting struck by lightning.
    personally , I'd definitely be more worried about that happening then injecting into a vein , thats why I don't play the lotto or go to the beach
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 08-29-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    djnuffsaid, Dgs59, kbunyan and 3 others like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my delts shoot like hell man.

its hit or miss. I have had some quad shots where my wife thought i was going to die and im just laughing.

blood happens
    timetolift5 and clarky. like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3day View Post
    My daughter is in nursing school now and said she was taught to aspirate. So guess it's different depending on teachers.
    It goes back and forth in the nursing schools it seems. Older nurses were taught to aspirate , then younger nurses were taught it wasn't necessary, and now it's being taught again.

Doesn't take but a second and causes me no grief do I do it.

LOL, scar tissue is my main issue!
    clarky. and 3day like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Mid delt, 25 g 5/8

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    I’m a medic an GH is right. The angle you pin for IM injection is not conducive to injecting into a vein. You may go through one but u doubt it would be in the perfect position to inject into it. But I still aspirate .
    clarky. and SoCalmk6gti like this.

Mid delt 25 g 5/8

djnuffsaid is offline Junior Member
    How come no one has pointed out him pinning only 100-150mg of test cyp? If you are on only long estered compounds, you only need to pin twice a week, and I would be shootin in the gluts, not the delts. What's your cycle you are running? Maybe we can help you out more than just answering your blood question - to which my answer is - suck it up buttercup, it happens.
    parkrangerlovell likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3day View Post
    My daughter is in nursing school now and said she was taught to aspirate. So guess it's different depending on teachers.
    No on the aspiration in nursing school curriculum. I'm in my last semester for BSN. Not aspirating is a standard set forth by all national nursing bodies. However, when I pin myself in any place that I don't usually use, I aspirate .
    No disrespect to anyone, the non-aspiration is the current practice. Perhaps your daughter has the good fortune to have faculty who are not mindless robots?
    GearHeaded likes this.

Furthermore, there is no reason to pin test IM. (Unless you have been pinning IM till now and you are a perfectionist who worries about the change in time of delivery.) Pin in subcutaneous fat, more advantageous. Local pinning doesn't effect the muscle, test is a hormone, all hormone are slow acting. There is no spiritual mumbo-jumbo about it, respect the science. The only possible advantage is the few minutes to hours it takes your body to absorb while your muscle stays inflated, mechanically, from the extra (.5mL) liquid.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Furthermore, there is no reason to pin test IM. (Unless you have been pinning IM till now and you are a perfectionist who worries about the change in time of delivery.) Pin in subcutaneous fat, more advantageous. Local pinning doesn't effect the muscle, test is a hormone, all hormone are slow acting. There is no spiritual mumbo-jumbo about it, respect the science. The only possible advantage is the few minutes to hours it takes your body to absorb while your muscle stays inflated, mechanically, from the extra (.5mL) liquid.
    this I agree with to a point , but is really person dependent . I personally find it much easier to pin a delt, a bicep, my pecs, etc.. then to find a bit of fat somewhere and pinch and pin that. my bicep and delts are super lean.. I just point shoot and stab and I'm done. way easier then pinching fat somewhere under my shirt (and in either case I can still use a slin pin).
    sub q works just fine . but for some guys like myself, pinning in a bicep or front delt is actually easier (sub q takes two hands for me to accomplish, where a bicep inject only takes one hand)
    Obs likes this.

^^We are of like mind. My logic is that Sub Q is less vascularized and there are no local effects from shooting IM. It might be harder for OP to go sub-q than it is for me, I have plenty to aim for. In that case, he should google IM injection spots. And, just penetrate the muscle, aspirate (not totally necessary if he puts it into the right spot), push real slow, leave the needle there for extra time and remove slow.
    Last edited by Quester; 08-29-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    GearHeaded likes this.

two nursing students chimed in on this thread.. on a side note ,, my oldest son just started nursing school this week. he will have plenty of practice with injection protocols , I'll be his pin cushion,, heck he can even practice phlebotomy skills on me
    Cylon357 and Quester like this.

Brother, we are all pin-cushions, at least we know and accept it.
    Obs and timetolift5 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    two nursing students chimed in on this thread.. on a side note ,, my oldest son just started nursing school this week. he will have plenty of practice with injection protocols , I'll be his pin cushion,, heck he can even practice phlebotomy skills on me
    Hopefully, he is wise enough to use you as a resource. And, stay cool. It isn't that hard, it is the female dominated world and cultural shock that grinds. Your son is a lucky kid.
    Obs likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    The best is when the blood squirts out a solid 3-4” in a continues stream

Seen em all - I think, by now

Bent needles, muscle twitches, nerves, shot into veins, shot out of veins, muscle spasms, bent needles - you name it

When the wife hit my sciatic nerve - now that was memorable

A little blood

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I just shot...

10 ml, part of that was suspension.
    I aint doing sub q and I gotta stop skipping injections.

I have poked through veins a lot. One time I pulled it from glute and sprayed blood across the room.
    I have bled a hundered times.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    lol , ifdon't play the lotto or go to the beach
    Hahahhaha nice put, I definitely can relate with the difficulty of aspirating when giving yourself the shot just a habit now, About 6 or 7 years ago on my first shot, everyone was just going nuts about 'must aspirate ', it was too load that I started aspirating from my first shot probably things has changed since but habits are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I just shot...

10 ml, part of that was suspension.
    I aint doing sub q and I gotta stop skipping injections.

I have poked through veins a lot. One time I pulled it from glute and sprayed blood across the room.
    I have bled a hundered times.
    Wtf? You just pinned 10ml!?!?? Of what? And where? Never heard of anyone pinning that much at once

For the people on TRT and using Aveed, you will probably notice that the nurse does aspirate . That's due to the location of the injection and the volume. It's part of the federally mandated Aveed REMS.

Kel probably stated it best. Nebido was bought to the US with a 1000mg/1g injection protocol. Somewhere in the trials someone coughed so the FDA did their magic and cut the dosage.

This is a brief overview:
    REMS | AVEED® (testosterone undecanoate) injection CIII

Somewhere on their site they actually have the provider injection instructions.

Just throwing that out there while we're on the subject of aspirating. So, you will encounter aspiration at some healthcare providers simply out of habit.
    Quester likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wtf? You just pinned 10ml!?!?? Of what? And where? Never heard of anyone pinning that much at once

let me introduce you to OBS
    almostgone, Quester, Obs and 1 others like this.

Obs

3ml tren E 250
    4ml test c 250
    1ml tren base
    2ml Ment

Didnt need the tren but life is hell and so am I.

This is just TRT.... I do shoot 2 times a week. Rotate between glutes and shoulder. I'm fine. Shoulder sore still. Glutes, no pain or minimal blood

This is just TRT.... I do shoot 2 times a week. Rotate between glutes and shoulder. I'm fine. Shoulder sore still. Glutes, no pain or minimal blood

Sounds like you may need to lay off of delts for a bit. Also, consider Z tracking/ pulling the skin to one side before injection. It will help minimize any leakage.

For TRT dosages, sub-Q is popular with some of the guys. I prefer IM in quads, glutes, triceps, and pecs, but that's just me.

Occasionally, you may just hit at a bad angle. Like Billy Bob Thornton said in Bad Santa.....they can't all be winners.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-30-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    timetolift5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    let me introduce you to OBS
    No joke!

3ml tren E 250
    4ml test c 250
    1ml tren base
    2ml Ment

Mother of God.....!

timetolift5 is offline Associate Member
    3ml tren E 250
    4ml test c 250
    1ml tren base
    2ml Ment

Go hard or go home. Wish I had the same steel balls as this dude. Maybe one day I’ll be on that level lol. Mad props to you OBS! Life is a motherfucker that’s for damn sure. Almost just split with the love of my life and my cycle ends in 2 weeks fml.
    Obs likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    3ml tren E 250
    4ml test c 250
    1ml tren base
    2ml Ment

Do you use the 10cc syringes from tractor supply?
    Obs and djnuffsaid like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Do you use the 10cc syringes from tractor supply?
    No.
    I tried and they are nearly impossible to get oil out of. They draw awesome but its near impossible to inject umless using a 20 guage pin

Quote Originally Posted by timetolift5 View Post
    Go hard or go home. Wish I had the same steel balls as this dude. Maybe one day I’ll be on that level lol. Mad props to you OBS! Life is a motherfucker that’s for damn sure. Almost just split with the love of my life and my cycle ends in 2 weeks fml.
    I dont have many much balls they shrunk a lot.
    i_SLAM_cougars and djnuffsaid like this.

Thread Information