Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By jstone

Thread: Maybe don’t pin calves?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Maybe don’t pin calves?

Flex Wheeler had his right leg amputated below the knee due to poor circulation issues. If you guys remember, he competed a couple of years ago when Levrone came back. Granted he’s, what 54, 56 years old?

Wheeler had one of the most impressive physiques in the 90s with incredible muscle bellies and a slim waist and slim joints. At one point there was speculation that Wheeler had calf implants, and Shawn Ray was the most vocal critic and skeptic. I’m thinking it was more than likely oil or maybe even PMMA instead of implants.

On Rxmuscle, Shawn mentioned that Flex had been dealing with his leg circulation issues the better part of the last two years, leading to questions of did his contest prep lead to his problems. He had a kidney transplant around 2004, also shortly after competing. It seems he’s taken a hit after each competition.

I know a lot of you guys on here pin calves. What do you think? Could long term needle damage to the extremities cause vascular issues down the line? Could his kidney problems have exacerbated things? If he was injecting synthol-type oils or other chemicals, could these have caused tissue damage?

This is why I believe in rotating many body parts, to avoid vascular or nerve damage. Of course more than likely, this wouldn’t happen to most people, but it seems Flex has some bad luck when it comes to health issues.
    Dgs59 likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Flex Wheeler had his right leg amputated below the knee due to poor circulation issues. If you guys remember, he competed a couple of years ago when Levrone came back. Granted he’s, what 54, 56 years old?

Wheeler had one of the most impressive physiques in the 90s with incredible muscle bellies and a slim waist and slim joints. At one point there was speculation that Wheeler had calf implants, and Shawn Ray was the most vocal critic and skeptic. I’m thinking it was more than likely oil or maybe even PMMA instead of implants.

On Rxmuscle, Shawn mentioned that Flex had been dealing with his leg circulation issues the better part of the last two years, leading to questions of did his contest prep lead to his problems. He had a kidney transplant around 2004, also shortly after competing. It seems he’s taken a hit after each competition.

I know a lot of you guys on here pin calves. What do you think? Could long term needle damage to the extremities cause vascular issues down the line? Could his kidney problems have exacerbated things? If he was injecting synthol-type oils or other chemicals, could these have caused tissue damage?

This is why I believe in rotating many body parts, to avoid vascular or nerve damage. Of course more than likely, this wouldn’t happen to most people, but it seems Flex has some bad luck when it comes to health issues.
    Back then synthol was not as popular. Shit was not as readily accessible as it is now, and the most popular drug for site enhancement was esiclene .

It was very painful to inject and would cause muscle to swell. The swelling helped fill out muscles like synthol, but it was very temporary. Lasting only a couple days so it was pre contest only for the most part.
    Dgs59 likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I doubt it has anything to do with pinning AAS. I pin my valves and I don’t have circulation issues. Don’t see it any different than hitting your quads, delts, traps, lats, bis, or tris

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with pinning AAS. I pin my valves and I don’t have circulation issues. Don’t see it any different than hitting your quads, delts, traps, lats, bis, or tris
    I doubt its related as well. I don't pin calves simply because I cant. Its always been a painful place for me to inject so I just quit trying.

Thread Information