Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 4 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: 2020 Goals And Second Cycle

zigzagzig is offline Junior Member

2020 Goals And Second Cycle

I’m back to the forum as I’m planning my second cycle. I’m 5’11” and 37 yo. I’ve been lifting for more than 5 years now.

On Jan 2019, right after getting sick, I was 170lbs. By July, I got back to 180lbs at around 14/15% bf. On September, I started my first cycle, a basic Test E 500mg/ week plus Chinese HGH 2iu 5 days on, 2 off. With the help of many of you here I could get my cycle, diet, and training very much on point. I consider it was a success: by the 12th week, around last Thanksgiving, I was at 205lbs with the same bf%.

I didn’t do a PCT as I got a doctor that agreed to put me on Test C 150mg per week as TRT. Almost two months have passed since the end of my first cycle and I’m now in between 195 and 200lbs, though at a 1 to 2p.p. higher bf. Unfortunately, I travelled abroad and I only could bring with me the prescribed Test and not the HGH, so only now I’m resuming it.

My goals for 2020 are: (1) to reach 220lbs and (2) reduce my bf to 13-14%. I’m not sure how many cycles I'll be able to do this year, 2, 3 or 4 if short ones. All that I’m sure is that I’m 100% committed to that.

I’m planning the second one to start in a few weeks and I would like your feedback. I’m currently considering a 10-week cycle, with Test and Prim, maybe some Var in the second half. In addition, I’ll be taking 1iu Chinese HGH 5on/2off and 25mg MK667 every night. I’m choosing to add Prim over EQ or Deca as I’ve read it is a better anabolic compound.

Given my stats and goals, I’d appreciate if you could help me with your opinions on this cycle, specially on the choice of compound, dosage and length.

wavefunction is offline Associate Member
    What is this, amateur hour? You need trenbolona to grow.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    Your response is amateur hour. Try being productive. You ask questions about Tom Hardy’s traps and you want to flame this dude??

OP,

If you want to bulk, nothing beats Test and Deca . You could kickstart with dbol or Var. Primo is a great drug, expensive and often faked, just an FYI.

I’d run 16 weeks too since you don’t need to PCT and recovery will be a easier with TRT. I start hitting my sweet spot around week 10. Something to consider...

Others will weigh in...welcome back
    ghettoboyd and CR500 like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Joking right?
    wavefunction likes this.

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    Nice jokes

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Your response is amateur hour. Try being productive. You ask questions about Tom Hardy’s traps and you want to flame this dude??

OP,

If you want to bulk, nothing beats Test and Deca . You could kickstart with dbol or Var. Primo is a great drug, expensive and often faked, just an FYI.

I’d run 16 weeks too since you don’t need to PCT and recovery will be a easier with TRT. I start hitting my sweet spot around week 10. Something to consider...

Others will weigh in...welcome back
    SampsonandDelilah, thanks for the feedback.

I didn't consider deca at first because: (1) it could reduce estrogen and DHT too much (Deca dick); (2) I'm afraid of just bloating and not adding quality muscle.

I guess I can circumvent problem #1 by having a higher proportion of Test and maybe adding Proviron , while problem #2 could be solved with a better eyes on my nutrition, right?! What would be a good dosage of Test and Deca for a second cycle?

Regarding the length of it, on my first cycle all my gains came from week 3 to week 10. On weeks 11 and 12 I was already feeling a bit overwhelmed. Even though I didn't felt great at the end, I sticked to the protocol 100%. However, each compound is different and I'm fully committed to my goals. Therefore, I may consider a longer one instead of doing more cycles through the year. Let me get more insights on this.

I thought ppl used Var at the end of it. Dbol is an interesting addition for the kickstart.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    OP, sounds like you are wanting to add roughly 25 pounds of lean muscle. That seems doable, though likely challenging, in a year in your situation, if you are committed.

Have you thought about your training plan? I mean, high reps, low reps, somewhere in between or ? Is your plan to bulk and cut, body recomp or something else? Basically, you have a year: what does your training plan look like?
    Thanks for the feedback, cylon357.

It's definitely challenging. My current plan is to bulk in 2020 until I get to 220s and then do a body recomp or a cut on the beginning of 2021. My issue is that during the bulk I'm not just looking for weight gain. Of course the majority here wants hard lean muscle like me, and adding 25lbs of pure muscle in a year can be a bit unfeasible. Given that, I'll be looking for a "quality" bulk, that is, I'll won't be concerned on the weight per se.

When I said my training is now on point I meant that it has improved to the point that I'm being able to get good results from it. For sure I have lots to learn still. Currently, every time I start a new series I do 4x15 per exercise so that I get used to the movement. On the second week, I go to 4x12, then, 4x10, and by the 10th week I'm at 4x8. I try to increase the weight so that the total volume increases every week.

Because I believe my legs and back are a bit more developed than the rest of my body, currently I do the following split:

Push day: chest (flat and incline), tri
    Pull day: back, bi
    Push day: shoulders, chest (decline), tri
    Leg day
    Rest day

What are your thoughts? Thanks for your interest and I hope to get your feedback on my training soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I like the idea of a disciplined bulk followed by a body recomp. I think the bulk will give you the chance to get some size, and then the body recomp will allow you to cut some fat and maybe add a bit of LBM, too.

Looks like you have a 4 on / 1 off plan... Does that give you enough time to adequately recover during the bulk?
    During my first cycle I didn’t feel I needed more time. Now that I’m in between cycles I generally add one more rest day out of 8 workout days.

To summarize, as I start a new training series (10 weeks), I start with high reps and lower volume, then I progress to less reps and higher volume. So that by the end of it I’m doing 4x8xhigh weigh per exercise .

Now, I’m considering locking a weigh value by the end of training series by week 10 and just increase volume by increasing reps. Thoughts on that?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    as usual, I'm going to recommend 'phase cycling' and compound rotation. thats the best bet for your goals and phase cycling is highly effective

something like

phase 1 , weeks 1-4 (volumization)
    800mg Test
    400mg Deca
    40mg Dbol a day

phase 2, weeks 5-9 (anabolic )
    400mg test
    400mg Deca
    400mg Primo
    20mg Dbol

phase 3, weeks 10-15 (androgenic )
    400mg test
    400mg primo
    400mg mast
    150mg tren

yeah I know thats a pretty advanced cycle for a second cycle , but your goals of wanting to be 220 jacked lean beast is an advanced goal

I would definitely add both HGH and Mk677 to this. I would also push the carbs as high as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    as usual, I'm going to recommend 'phase cycling' and compound rotation. thats the best bet for your goals and phase cycling is highly effective

something like

phase 1 , weeks 1-4 (volumization)
    800mg Test
    400mg Deca
    40mg Dbol a day

phase 2, weeks 5-9 (anabolic )
    400mg test
    400mg Deca
    400mg Primo
    20mg Dbol

phase 3, weeks 10-15 (androgenic )
    400mg test
    400mg primo
    400mg mast
    150mg tren

yeah I know thats a pretty advanced cycle for a second cycle , but your goals of wanting to be 220 jacked lean beast is an advanced goal

I would definitely add both HGH and Mk677 to this. I would also push the carbs as high as you can.
    GH, thanks for your feedback.

That really looks pretty advanced for a second cycle. If I jump into it, I'd have to review all my protocols and open my wallet.

Then, my questions are:

(1) In your opinion, do you believe I should review my goals for the year?

(2) Why do people don't jump into these advanced protocols as a second cycle? Is it because they don't want to handle all work that comes with the right protocol and risks associated or because it may jeopardize long term gains?
    Last edited by zigzagzig; 01-26-2020 at 08:29 PM.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Yea deca , test, and dbol are the go to compounds here for some good quality mass- especially if you’re on trt.Insulin if you are experienced and dedicated enough. I’m a believer in it now for sure. Most guys get the lifting right. They usually fail on the diet aspect. Be sure to hit the diet section here and set up a solid plan there. Don’t make the mistake of overlooking the most important part. Pound those carbs. Small progressions each week my man is the key. Good luck

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzagzig View Post
    GH, thanks for your feedback.

That really looks pretty advanced for a second cycle. If I jump into it, I'd have to review all my protocols and open my wallet.

Then, my questions are:

(1) In your opinion, do you believe I should review my goals for the year?

(2) Why do people don't jump into these advanced protocols as a second cycle? Is it because they don't want to handle all work that comes with the right protocol and risks associated or because it may jeopardize long term gains?
    look up a guy named 'balance' on here and his log he did. we did a very first cycle and used phase cycling and some more "advanced" protocols for his very first cycle . started with test and primo, worked his test all the way up to 1000mg per week, then transitioned to an androgenic phase and added Masteron . then ended with some Tren .. yes, tren on a very first cycle. but we slowly worked our way into it.
    he's put on like 15 pounds of quality tissue. he stays very lean. its not fluff weight.. its quality keepable muscle.

you can go more "advanced" even early on in your cycle career , as long as you know what your doing

I think your goals for this year are legit and doable

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    look up a guy named 'balance' on here and his log he did. we did a very first cycle and used phase cycling and some more "advanced" protocols for his very first cycle . started with test and primo, worked his test all the way up to 1000mg per week, then transitioned to an androgenic phase and added Masteron . then ended with some Tren .. yes, tren on a very first cycle. but we slowly worked our way into it.
    he's put on like 15 pounds of quality tissue. he stays very lean. its not fluff weight.. its quality keepable muscle.

you can go more "advanced" even early on in your cycle career , as long as you know what your doing

I think your goals for this year are legit and doable
    To go on that path, I'll have to get these protocols beforehand: dosages, nutrition, ancillaries, timing of bloodwork, plan B in case of something wrong, etc. Right now, I only have the basic knowledge of the Test + Deca + dBol cycle. I guess there are tons of info on the forum to be able to work on these. However, I'd be better having a more direct help.

I've just received my bloodwork results. I'm at TRT 150mg/week. My total test is just above 1000ng/dL and estradiol is 37pg/mL. I believe I should get these back to normal levels before starting any new cycle, right?

Thread Information