UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member

$1000 worth nabbed by Customs.

Dammit- $1000 worth of gear just got snatched by the govt in Dulles Intl. We got 2 letters. Question is this- since they say they flagged my address - do I NEED a po box now?

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    If your address has been flagged then you will need an alternate address if you wish to purchase research material in the future, otherwise you will get a 3'rd letter or even better a controlled delivery.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    damn, that's a big order to lose. It's all part of the game though. that's why i'm always reluctant to make big orders. be thankful you didn't get a controlled delivery.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    damn, that's a big order to lose. It's all part of the game though. that's why i'm always reluctant to make big orders. be thankful you didn't get a controlled delivery.
    yeah that blows bro ,be safe get another addy ,or a po box .

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I would consider going domestic next time>
    And yeah I would use another addy.
    Maybe your source will re-ship to a different addy?

BDTR is offline Retired
    That's why i only buy domestic, I'd rather pay a little more and not risk customs nabbing all my gear. Hey atleast you didn't get a controlled delivery.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i'm sorry man, that sucks bad. good luck with future orders.

shit man the letter said the value was over $1600 so yeah- that was a big order. Source immediately re-shipped and we got it all safely as of today. Next time I guess we have to go with a po box. The customs letter said we would be flagged as of today and obviously the re-ship made it through before that. I wish I had a domestic source but I don't. My overseas source is honest and has good prices- but we face the risk.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    when do they usually send the letter. Have a friend who is shitting bricks and still waiting.. his package is 3 weeks late and when he called to track it they said it was in customs possesion and should have been there already. are they just toying with him or maybe they are just real slow.... it was shipped 3 day air from mid east to us... thanx fellas

BDTR is offline Retired
    I think a controlled delivery would take place before 3 weeks so he's probably safe, I got my customs letter after 4 weeks, that was the last time i ordered from overseas... 800 bucks down the toilet.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Can't beat overseas prices!! I won't buy anything in Canada because the prices are so unreal. But if ur overseas source knows how to "ship" goods, you will have no problems.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    im lucky to live in canada, where canadian customs drinks coffee and eats donuts all day, therefore our orders never get seized domestically ! it sux to hear this shit, i hate it when u spend so much time saving for shit and then u lose it all !

the letters came after 5 weeks. I wonder what they do with the gear?

I bet we have some unusually large customs officers.

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Is the customs situation the same with getting stuff into the UK?

Just curious - any ideas?

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Shit cant post, crying tooooo much !

I feel for u bro !

As for UK, order within the EU and u shoudnt av any problems!

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Damn bro I hate customs letters, did they say in the letter that they were gonna turn it over to the government and to do that they would have to put your name in the newspaper?

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Sorry to hear that and now I'm worried.
    I have a question.
    Hypothetically speaking, If a friend of mine sent me a small package from UK.
    1 - How long does it take till it gets to the US address? (in other words, when should I start worrying whether I was ripped off by the sender or the customs interseption)

Thanks

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    I still haven't received my gear and no customs letter. It has been 6 weeks.
    $500 bucks.

PISSED

Ok my order was from the UK and I got the letter on week 5. However, I got 2 re-ship packages in 5 days flat.

If it has been 6 weeks your shit is gone wait on the letter. The letter says what they siezed, why they took it, where you can claim it, etc

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Thanks for the info, Fighter.
    Sure sounds like you have a reliable person on the other end.

This is my first time dealing with this guy. He said "Parcel posted on Monday, intenational signed delivery" - I guess if I don't get anything by some time next week, then I should start worrying.

Ultimate fighter; thanks for the heads up. My supplier said with a customs letter they will reship for free. I heard people say you get red flagged by customs, but how can they screen each and every mail coming to your address. With all that mail coming, how in the world can they intercept mail going to one address. It makes no sense to me? What do you think bros?

Sonnie is offline Junior Member
    Good to hear you got your gear anyway.
    I wish I lived in the UK, gear is so easy to get (many suppliers I know are based there). You guys should just be glad that you don't live in Australia - our customs are the worst in the world, many sources don't even want to deal with us

Sonnie

Real quick. when customs seizes package, how do they know. Do they have sniffer machines, x-ray, dogs. I mean I just can't imagine how theycan scan through so much mail.

depdaddy is offline Member

nabbed

domestic...domestic..domestic.....no customs to wory with...i pay only a few dollars higher per bottle form my domestic...no customs..delivered like clock work...depdaddy

BDTR is offline Retired
    Amen to that...

Domestic all the way, but like you said, you don't have one so you get what you can.

Doc40 is offline Associate Member
    I recieved my clomid over a week ago and im still waitin on EQ, what do you guys think about that, i keep checkin for my letter from customs or my EQ whatever comes first. Doc.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Dogs cant sniff test. I did the over seas thing and was worried for a month until it came. Im gonna do domestic. Price is only 2 dollars more an amp. 10 dollars for sust isnt bad. 8 is better though. Save 40 bucks but reading this thread makes me even more PRO DOMESTIC and anti seziure possible jail time stuff.

Thread Information