Thread: Donating Blood.

redrumkev is offline Associate Member

Donating Blood.

I am not making this thread to urge all of you to get out and donate, although if you do it could save someones life.

But my question is this. I donate blood every 4 months, I go to the red cross and becuz I am O neg, they do a special procedure, I think it is call apresisa?(sp). Anyways, they take out the platlets and return the rest, but it is considered a double donation, so I can only give once every 120 days instead of the normal 56 days.

Question - What does this do to my body mid cycle - as far as changing test/deca /eq whatever levels? I am assuming some would be lost during the transfer. Also - should I give someone these things? Should I only donate during my post cycle recovery cycle?

I do think - my own idea, no medical back up, but donating does remove a lot of blood and the body regenerates it, so isn't that like cleansing the body to a point, or atleast for the body to make extra blood?

Thoughts?

Nelstar is offline Member
    i dont know man. i sure wouldnt give up my blood. not when im on at least. i mean youre paying all this money to get a chemical in your blood.. why would you give some of that away.. and further more what if it goes to a girl or somehting... who knows though.. id try to keep away for the time your on i think post recovery would be best. but thats my 2 cents.. who knows maybe they test for all that and just throw your blood away.. beats me thats a toughylata on

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I think people who give blood are the salt of the earth.

My father has nearly given 100 pints of the stuff. I used to do it but I trained once after giving and felt pretty awful so I will wait until I retite to do it again.

They do test is for impurities and screen it. Thats why if you have had a tattoo in the last few months or have been to certain countries like parts of Asia they wont accept it.

IMO you are wasting your time and a lot of bodily strength if you are giving blood whilst on as they proabably wouldnt be able to use it if it contained traces of steroids

I am sure they don't test it for steroids - steroid test are specific and expensive - plus if they won't use your blood they call you and tell you that you have been defferred - otherwise they use it.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redrumkev
    I am sure they don't test it for steroids - steroid test are specific and expensive - plus if they won't use your blood they call you and tell you that you have been defferred - otherwise they use it.
    I would think they dont test for juice but Im not certain about that but I would like to know more about this too, heres a bump. I also donate blood too regulary and would like to know.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I never said they test for steroids but they do test for specific enzymes that maybe affected by use

someday is offline Member
    Man thats great you're giving blood but i have to reiterate the fact that it might go to a female or someone whose allergic or sensitive to AS in some and could really mess 'em up.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Testosterone is very very short lived in the blood stream. The amount you gave to someone would have 0 effect.

Call em up and tell em your are on HRT and your doc gives you shots, ask if you can still dontate...yup.

It wont effect you or them, besides that little recooperation phase you will get after givin blood like normal

arby is offline Associate Member
    lowers your RBC which is generally seen as a good thing while on cycle

RB

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    A higher RBC is better for you, Increases oxygen delivery to your muscles during streneous exercise. Ie. anearobic exercise like weight lifting would benefit from higher RBC counts. Anyone who is shooting really shouldnt be donating blood. But it is a good way to find out if you have a disease from dirty needles. They will let you know

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Technically, the American Red Cross specifically states that anyone having used any illegal injectable drug, including steroids , may not give blood. I hate the idea that I "technically" can't give any more and I'm not sure what I'll do about that.

BigGreen - I would still give - I do - I figure I help someone, and if you are thinking about it - means you want to help, plus I am almost positive that one day I will need blood for some reason - hopefully it is there for me!

arby is offline Associate Member
    its not so much the administration of exogeneous hormones that is the problem as it is the supraphysiological serum t levels that you have in your blood...

i dont know about the stability of testosterone in blood (i'm sure you could look this up), but i know that a phlebotomist generally needs a frozen sample to test for certain specific cases like bioavailable, unbound testosterone.

RB

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Acording to the new guidlines for donating blood.
    You are not allowed to donate if you have ever injected anything illigal. This is what I heard on "Walton and Johnson"

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    If donated blood has extra test or whatever and it's given to some guy with cancer, won't it encourage the cancer cells to multiply faster and help the cancer to spread? Or if your estrogen levels are up, and the blood goes to a woman with breast cancer, it's gonna aggravate her condition.
    I can't see any reason to give blood if you don't have to, especially if there's a chance that it might cause someone problems. I'd follow the Red Cross guidelines on this one . . .

MR.BICEPS is offline Junior Member
    I'm thinking we as guys should all start giving blood. Why? Because that may very well be why woman out lives us! They have a monthly period that cleanses their bodies. It may help our bodies to adapt better and be less sluggish to AS and training. Any thoughts on this???

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BICEPS
    I'm thinking we as guys should all start giving blood. Why? Because that may very well be why woman out lives us! They have a monthly period that cleanses their bodies. It may help our bodies to adapt better and be less sluggish to AS and training. Any thoughts on this???
    ==========================

Why not just keep leeches and give 'em a good feeding once a month?
    Um, did you major in biology or something?
    Just wondering . . .
    --Tock

Thread Information