Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By BG

Thread: Cut cycle

colt4dfive is offline New Member

Cut cycle

I'm currently bulking...after I'm done with this cycle I'm going to need to cut down...any suggestions?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I'm currently bulking...after I'm done with this cycle I'm going to need to cut down...any suggestions?

Yeah, you could take some drugs.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Diet. AAS doesn’t make a cut, diet does.
    It sounds like you needed a proper diet to bulk if you want to cut right after a bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Diet. AAS doesn’t make a cut, diet does.
    It sounds like you needed a proper diet to bulk if you want to cut right after a bulk.

I eat nothin but lean meat and veggies all day with an occasional salad

So diets not a problem just looking for tips toward giving my cut a lil boost

Your diet may be fine..... you are describing things excessively generic... your requirements, your diet, etc.
    You are using buzz words. No carbs???
    I have a sneaky suspicion you know what you are doing, but trying to come off as though you don’t. I just get a feeling.

I have no idea what ur talking about....

I have no idea what ur talking about....

What are your macros?

I don't track those never have

I don't track those never have

I guess if your not competing than you can get away with it, however you might want to try it just to see where you come in. You may be able to get some better results.
    A lot of people think that their diet is good, and when you look at it, it really sucks.
    For the time being, let’s assume that your diet is good. I would not cut right after bulking. It sort of defeats the purpose. Remember when cutting, your body is not selective of what it loses to reduce weight. Yes, AAS can save some of the muscle, but you are still likely to lose muscle.
    Rather than cutting, I would raise your cardio.
    Just my $.02

I guess if your not competing than you can get away with it, however you might want to try it just to see where you come in. You may be able to get some better results.
    A lot of people think that their diet is good, and when you look at it, it really sucks.
    For the time being, let’s assume that your diet is good. I would not cut right after bulking. It sort of defeats the purpose. Remember when cutting, your body is not selective of what it loses to reduce weight. Yes, AAS can save some of the muscle, but you are still likely to lose muscle.
    Just my $.02

Good info thanks bro...

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just my $.02

To add to this, there’s plenty of good evidence for holding weight for an extended period (six months or more) after a bulking phase (assuming that you don’t get fat to the point of health detriment) being conducive to the body holding onto lean tissue better.
    Think of it this way: the body really tries for homeostasis. It wants to return to whatever point you have held for the longest period, that your baseline hormones can support. It’s the same reason that fat people see such a drive (both physiologically and psychologically) to regain the fat that they held before dieting.
    As such, when you cut right after bulking, your physiology determines “we can’t support all of this, something has to go, so last in first out”, which when coming off of a bulking cycle, includes a lot of lean tissue. Between that drive and PCT hormonal reboot issues, this is why 80+% of guys just end up right back where they started a few weeks after a given cycle.
    Hell, it’s been nearly a year and a half since my last cut, and yeah, it’s been obnoxious looking at the extra squish for so long, but once my coming protocol is finished, I’ll be in a much better place than if I hadn’t made myself hold for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    To add to this, there’s plenty of good evidence for holding weight for an extended period (six months or more) after a bulking phase (assuming that you don’t get fat to the point of health detriment) being conducive to the body holding onto lean tissue better.
    Think of it this way: the body really tries for homeostasis. It wants to return to whatever point you have held for the longest period, that your baseline hormones can support. It’s the same reason that fat people see such a drive (both physiologically and psychologically) to regain the fat that they held before dieting.
    As such, when you cut right after bulking, your physiology determines “we can’t support all of this, something has to go, so last in first out”, which when coming off of a bulking cycle, includes a lot of lean tissue. Between that drive and PCT hormonal reboot issues, this is why 80+% of guys just end up right back where they started a few weeks after a given cycle.
    Hell, it’s been nearly a year and a half since my last cut, and yeah, it’s been obnoxious looking at the extra squish for so long, but once my coming protocol is finished, I’ll be in a much better place than if I hadn’t made myself hold for so long.
    Makes sense ill keep that in mind and make sure I use it to my advantage

Thanks bro

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Im not a big fan of cutting right after a bulk. I would lean my diet down a little and get into some serious cardio.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG

How were you bulking on that diet? You have to eat to grow.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    How were you bulking on that diet? You have to eat to grow.
    Lean meat and veggies and protein shakes or high protein foods like beans and nuts

BG
    Lean meat and veggies and protein shakes or high protein foods like beans and nuts

You can build some lean muscle that way but to bulk you need calories.

Well I've been fuckin up lol Smh

I mean occasionally I eat red meat and potatoes and shit but for the most part lean meat and veggies

I mean occasionally I eat red meat and potatoes and shit but for the most part lean meat and veggies

Lean meats are fine (fats are highly fucking overrated, especially when using exogenous hormones), but you’re definitely going to want to get more starches in there.
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, oats, decent quality breads, etc. are all easy to eat ways to get the intake up without a bunch of extra bullshit.

Lean meats are fine (fats are highly fucking overrated, especially when using exogenous hormones), but you’re definitely going to want to get more starches in there.
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, oats, decent quality breads, etc. are all easy to eat ways to get the intake up without a bunch of extra bullshit.

BG
    Some pasta and oatmeal will help also.

Again be careful of cutting right after a cycle, I would just do more cardio and keep your diet going, sounds like your eating lean enough to lose fat with a little hard work. Learning how to manipulate your diet for what you desire is the name of the game, then the gear makes magic happen.
    Last edited by BG; 07-05-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Again be careful of cutting right after a cycle, I would just do more cardio and keep your diet going, sounds like your eating lean enough to lose fat with a little hard work. Learning how to manipulate your diet for what you desire is the name of the game, then the gear makes magic happen.
    For sure it just sucks cuz I got into an accident on Feb 18 and I'm having to learn how to walk again so the cardio part is kinda hard u know? But I weighed 145 in may and I'm up to 200 now lol

For sure it just sucks cuz I got into an accident on Feb 18 and I'm having to learn how to walk again so the cardio part is kinda hard u know? But I weighed 145 in may and I'm up to 200 now lol

Try jumping on a stationary bike. Very low impact and won’t be impeded by your recovery from your injuries. People often make the mistake of thinking “cardio=running”, but yeah, no, fuck running.
    Seriously, even amongst tiny ass 110 lbs. people, the impact of endurance running gives it the highest injury rate among all sports, including Strongman and fucking professional football. So yeah, think that shit’s a good idea when you’re 200 lbs. and previously injured?

Try jumping on a stationary bike. Very low impact and won’t be impeded by your recovery from your injuries. People often make the mistake of thinking “cardio=running”, but yeah, no, fuck running.
    Seriously, even amongst tiny ass 110 lbs. people, the impact of endurance running gives it the highest injury rate among all sports, including Strongman and fucking professional football. So yeah, think that shit’s a good idea when you’re 200 lbs. and previously injured?
    Lol right

I thought I was the only one that adjusted cardio instead of adjusting my diet. LOL

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

And carbohydrates! Glucose and glycogen - ATP

Instrumental in a true bulk.

Save the lean meats, veggies and cardio for your cut.

Agree with BG though. No point in jumping straight to a cut after a bulk. Great way to lose the muscle you acquired during your bulk...

Thread Information