Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Abt
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Should I bulk/cut or recomp in one cycle?

Arg404 is offline New Member

Should I bulk/cut or recomp in one cycle?

I’m currently half way through my first (10-week) testosterone cycle. So far, I gained 12 lbs of muscle (prob some water) and no significant fat gain/loss. My goal was to both gain muscle and lose fat. I only gained muscle.

I was always 15-16% BF. Before the cycle, I was stuck at that BF before starting Testosterone and couldn’t go below despite having a caloric deficit. It still didn’t change since I started the cycle.

I’m not sure if I should cut for the second half or last 4 weeks of the cycle or should I try to recomp. The issue with recomp is that I am afraid that I might not change my body composition at all and keep the same weight. It is really hard to stay motivated without being able to see much muscle definition.

Also, how long is a reasonable timeframe to go from 15-16% to 11-12% BF without losing muscle on Testosterone 250mg? (Assuming that I am on testosterone) I started at 115lbs and now I am at 127lbs. I am 5’ 1.5” male.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    if you're running 250mg a week of test thats barely over a TRT dose. 127lbs even at 5'1 suggests you still have room to grow naturally. But thats beside the point. You should pick 1 or the other either gaining lean mass or cutting fat for a cycle. Everyone loses a big portion of what they gain on a cycle. If you keep 50% of what you gain after that cycle thats considered very successful in my opinion. Trying to stop building and start cutting half way through will leave you right back where you started maybe just a little leaner. How old are you? Like cylon said need to know more about your training and diet first. How many calories are you taking in each day, protein, carbs, fat?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just going in blindly, I’d say continue your bulk. Pack on as much muscle as you can and then diet accordingly after you’ve completed it and recovered

You can then run something specific and focus your attention on diet and training accordingly.

Just my two cents...
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arg404 View Post
    IÂ’m currently half way through my first (10-week) testosterone cycle. So far, I gained 12 lbs of muscle (prob some water) and no significant fat gain/loss. My goal was to both gain muscle and lose fat. I only gained muscle.

I was always 15-16% BF. Before the cycle, I was stuck at that BF before starting Testosterone and couldnÂ’t go below despite having a caloric deficit. It still didnÂ’t change since I started the cycle.

IÂ’m not sure if I should cut for the second half or last 4 weeks of the cycle or should I try to recomp. The issue with recomp is that I am afraid that I might not change my body composition at all and keep the same weight. It is really hard to stay motivated without being able to see much muscle definition.

Also, how long is a reasonable timeframe to go from 15-16% to 11-12% BF without losing muscle on Testosterone 250mg? (Assuming that I am on testosterone) I started at 115lbs and now I am at 127lbs. I am 5’ 1.5” male.
    I guess I shouldÂ’ve been more specific. My diet consists of 2000 calories a day and 180g pf protein on average. I do eat healthy always and workout 5-6 times a week.

I am conscious that probably 50% of my gains are water and if I start cutting I might stall my muscle gains. However, I thought that that way I can use the anabolic effect and be able to burn fat faster without losing muscle mass.

However, I also know that itÂ’s easier to lose fat than gain muscle, so it might be more efficient to only bulk while on Test. Since I have more muscle mass, I assume that it might be easier to lose fat after than before my cycle.

Should I bulk/cut or recomp in one cycle?

I’m currently half way through my first (10-week) testosterone cycle. So far, I gained 12 lbs of muscle (prob some water) and no significant fat gain/loss. My goal was to both gain muscle and lose fat. I only gained muscle.

I was always 15-16% BF. Before the cycle, I was stuck at that BF before starting Testosterone and couldn’t go below despite having a caloric deficit. It still didn’t change since I started the cycle.

I’m not sure if I should cut for the second half or last 4 weeks of the cycle or should I try to recomp. The issue with recomp is that I am afraid that I might not change my body composition at all and keep the same weight. It is really hard to stay motivated without being able to see much muscle definition.

My diet consists of 2000 calories a day and 180g pf protein on average. I do eat healthy always and workout 5-6 times a week.

I am conscious that probably 50% of my gains are water and if I start cutting I might stall my muscle gains. However, I thought that that way I can use the anabolic effect and be able to burn fat faster without losing muscle mass.

However, I also know that itÂ’s easier to lose fat than gain muscle, so it might be more efficient to only bulk while on Test. Since I have more muscle mass, I assume that it might be easier to lose fat after than before my cycle.

I have been working out for about 4 years and have not managed to gain any significan t amount of muscle. My biggest accomplishment was going from 140lbs to 115lbs.

However, I thought that that way I can use the anabolic effect and be able to burn fat faster without losing muscle mass.
    The anabolic effect helps you to:
    A: gain muscle on a surplus
    B: retain muscle on a deficit

You are not going to lose fat unless you are on a deficit.
    If you have not lost fat then you are not on a deficit.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Kinda scratching my head with this one. What is your actual question in one sentence? If its whether you should bulk or cut, you will need to keep bulking eating a surplus, with clean food ...im answering that assuming you want to grow if thats even what you’re asking sorry for my confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Kinda scratching my head with this one. What is your actual question in one sentence? If its whether you should bulk or cut, you will need to keep bulking eating a surplus, with clean food ...im answering that assuming you want to grow if thats even what you’re asking sorry for my confusion
    My question was weather I should try to cut for the other 5 weeks of my cycle (the anabolic should help me maintain muscle) or should I try to recomp. I’m not sure which ones is more feasible. If I recomp, I would prob. Have to cut more after the cycle, and wouldn’t that cause muscle loss if I am not on Test?

Mr. Small is offline Member
    My question was weather I should try to cut for the other 5 weeks of my cycle (the anabolic should help me maintain muscle) or should I try to recomp. I’m not sure which ones is more feasible. If I recomp, I would prob. Have to cut more after the cycle, and wouldn’t that cause muscle loss if I am not on Test?
    Recomp in 5 weeks with trt levels of test? Unlikely to change much. I'd say go all out to gain as much muscle as you can on this cycle. Then for the next cycle go for a full on cut.

Being 15% now is not exactly the worst bf

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Small View Post
    Recomp in 5 weeks with trt levels of test? Unlikely to change much. I'd say go all out to gain as much muscle as you can on this cycle. Then for the next cycle go for a full on cut.

Being 15% now is not exactly the worst bf
    What about cut in 5 weeks?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Shouldn't you have already planned out your goals for the cycle... before you started?

Have you quantified your diet? You you are not weighing portions out and calculating not just your caloric intake, but your macros, you have no idea if you're in "caloric deficit" or not. You really don't even know if you ate less compared to the week before, since weren't measuring anything.

Fat people think they eat less than they actually do. It's just like skinny people think they eat more than they do. Now I'm not calling you fat, but you wouldn't be saying that you "can't shake that BF" if you really were managing your diet.

What you should do and this would go for if you're trying to bulk or cut is to take a log of everything that you eat in a week, including the times you eat it, the portion sizes, calories, macros, etc. That way you can figure out your normal baseline is and then make small changes to modify it.
    Abt likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I guess I shouldÂ’ve been more specific. My diet consists of 2000 calories a day and 180g pf protein on average. I do eat healthy always and workout 5-6 times a week.

Watch the Milos Sarcev "Secrets of The Pros" videos in the first post of this link:

https://forums.steroid.com/read-here...-how-diet.html

Abt
    Abt is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Shouldn't you
    What you should do and this would go for if you're trying to bulk or cut is to take a log of everything that you eat in a week, including the times you eat it, the portion sizes, calories, macros, etc. That way you can figure out your normal baseline is and then make small changes to modify it.
    This is what you already should be doing before hopping on gear. In this way its just a waste of your health...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    OP, I merged 2 threads concerning the same subject so all of the responses are in one thread.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Nerveblock67 is offline New Member
    Bulk and then cut. I was watching a youtube video that had a line in it related to this and I found it interesting.

A lot of people say "I have trouble saving money". No you don't, you just don't make enough. Make more money and it's a lot easier to save.
    Same goes with building muscle and keeping those gains. If you're worried about losing all of your gains, then you didn't gain enough. If you hypothetically only keep 25-50% of your gains after a cycle, 50% of a bigger number is better than 50% of a smaller number. Focus on one thing at a time.

Thread Information