• 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By NiceGuyResearcher
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Muscle twitch in delt

radioactivegraphite is offline New Member

Muscle twitch in delt

Hi,

Started my 1st cycle ever of testosterone cypionate on Dec 2nd. Doing 2 shots of 250mg per week. I decided to inject in the delts. I alternate arms each time and use a different spot on the delt. Usually a half inch to an inch away from the last time I used that particular arm. It was business as usual, but this time around when the needle was sliding deeper into the muscle (1" needle), the whole muscle spasmed at a certain point before getting the needle all the way into the muscle. Like the whole muscle jumped. It didn't keep twitching after that, just that one time. I pushed in about half of the dose before I pulled it out and re-capped it. It freaked me out just a little bit as I've never seen it happen before. I'm sure it's fine, but I wanted to check with the community first. Did I hit a nerve? Is my arm going to turn black and fall off I could probably try again and just move it another inch or so to finish off the last .5ml right? Thanks!

Edit: It kinda burns in that spot..but ever so slightly. Barely noticeable, but there.
    Last edited by radioactivegraphite; 12-19-2020 at 11:14 PM. Reason: New information to add

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    It’s fine. You did hit a nerve. I use 5/8” needles and I haven’t had any problems. The only time I’ve hit a nerve is with quads, which is why I never do them.

DustMan is offline Associate Member
    I regularly get the "muscle twitch" when I inject in my right delt, but not my left. I use a 29G 1/2" needle and somehow I'm still getting the twitch. I've never had any lasting pain or dysfunction from it, and it happens maybe every 2nd time I inject the right delt.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I use 29g 1/2 and never get muscle spasms. I only shoot 1 cc in the delts, ever. They all are painless no matter what im shooting. When i use 1” 22 guage i get a spasm

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    It’s fine. You did hit a nerve. I use 5/8” needles and I haven’t had any problems. The only time I’ve hit a nerve is with quads, which is why I never do them.
    Wow, you use that Test Monsterone? I'm thinking of using a 23 gauge 5/8 inch needle also in my delts; I usually use a 1 inch needle in the delts...

A 5/8 inch needle comes out to a 0.625 inches (a tad bit more than 1/2 an inch)

*Is that deep enough to go into the muscle and deposit the juice without it just laying there dormant and turning into an abcess? **( for somebody medium built like myself and not a not a whole lot of body fat like myself?)

I'm always worried about an abcess, had 1 in my glutes several yrs ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Test M. (thanks)

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    Wow, you use that Test Monsterone? I'm thinking of using a 23 gauge 5/8 inch needle also in my delts; I usually use a 1 inch needle in the delts...

*Is that deep enough to go into the muscle and deposit the juice without it just laying there dormant and turning into an abcess? **( for somebody medium built like myself and not a not a whole lot of body fat like myself?)

I use 5/8, 25 gauge. 23 gauge is a little too thick for my liking. When you press the syringe into the delt, the needle ends up going deeper than 5/8" anyway. I've never had any abscesses.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

What were you doing to cause an abscess there?

radioactivegraphite is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    What were you doing to cause an abscess there?
    I too am curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I use 5/8, 25 gauge. 23 gauge is a little too thick for my liking. When you press the syringe into the delt, the needle ends up going deeper than 5/8" anyway. I've never had any abscesses.
    thanks a lot. hope you are rewarded 1000 fold both in the gym and outside the gym. Have a Happy, safe, & productive Holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by radioactivegraphite View Post
    Here's the story:
    I had gotten shots by my friend who was from Austria, like Arnold, and had connections regarding importing it into NY for recreational use and studies. Not only did he get them from abroad where they were legal, He'd administer them also to me, for a small fee, either in the delt or glute.

My own experience (on my own) when I no longer had anyone to administer these injections, I never had a problem for about 1 year and 3 months, until once...

I used a 1 inch needle 23 gauge in the glute, it was my 2nd time ever in the glute, before that i pinned the delts and the pecs, but was told on another forum not on this website, that I should rotate,

So this 1 inch needle, I went into the upper outer quadrant, but I probably should've used a 1.5 inch needle, since at that time, I could squat a lot and was about 220 pounds at 5 feet 9 inches tall and the glutes were just too developed for a 1 inch needle?

The other thing, was the quality of the Testosterone was probably poor? It was a hybrid, a blend, I also may have been in a rush and felt I was in a comfort zone of never having had any problems in the 1 year and 3 months, or 3 cycles I had gone through, in that rush upon turning around and trying to pin the right glute, I must have pinned a pocket of space not into the muscle, in other words, not the upper outer glute...basically skin popped the entire load into a pocket of skin, where the juice lay there subcutaneous and festered

My butt started feeling warm and stung like burn-like stinging

Now, I just use top shelf brands like that Chinese brand Zen she or something to that effect, oh ZPC, I think it's called-- and Dragon Pharma or Geneza ___ (well known name brands) and I haven't had a problem with those

It was a horrible experience. Stained my entire use of anabolic steroids thereafter, from what I've learned after sharing this experience, I can never pin that right glute as the abcess draining process makes that area impossible for future pins.

(i'd never pin the glutes again, it's on the principle of once bitten 2x shy. I'd pin only the pecs and the delts)

Maybe you might know what caused this, if you wanted to add...because it might be like problem with a car, it could be a whole page worth list of potential things, none of which involved me not wiping down the multiuse vial, neither not wiping down the glute with an alcohol pad etc...I practice sterile techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by radioactivegraphite View Post
    hi, i wrote it below....in honkey donkey's quote... (see below for the entire story)

Thread Information