• 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By fish479

Thread: steroids & anxiety?

Dano89 is offline New Member

steroids & anxiety?

Hey Everyone,

I'm 31y old and been researching on steroids for the past few years.
    I am a gym rat since the age of 14.. I did had plenty of progress and my peak was at age 28.
    For the last 3y I was eating less good than usual, but still in really good shape and kept training and mostly healthy meals are already implemented in my daily routing.

I was researching on steroids for more than 5y, and was always looking at them as what could help me achieve the next level of my potential.
    Thing is, I also do suffer a bit from anxiety attacks from time to time... and I am a bit worried on how steroids would affect that?

Did anyone with anxiety had any experience with steroids here?
    Or, does anyone can tell about his physical symptoms during steroids? warmer feeling? faster heart beats? something that was changed with the inner feeling of the body during the cycle? or even after?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano89 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I am a gym rat since the age of 14.. I did had plenty of progress and my peak was at age 28.
    For the last 3y I was eating less good than usual, but still in really good shape and kept training and mostly healthy meals are already implemented in my daily routing.

I was researching on steroids for more than 5y, and was always looking at them as what could help me achieve the next level of my potential.
    Thing is, I also do suffer a bit from anxiety attacks from time to time... and I am a bit worried on how steroids would affect that?

Or, does anyone can tell about his physical symptoms during steroids? warmer feeling? faster heart beats? something that was changed with the inner feeling of the body during the cycle? or even after?
    I’ve had anxiety and panic attacks in the past. I wasn’t on any steroids back then. I haven’t noticed a significant increase in anxiety but I also don’t come off completely. If I had to do the pct and recover, I would hate my life. If you’re so paranoid about a warmer feeling or faster heart beats now, maybe it’s not a good time to start. I would not recommend cycling. It’s too much of a rollercoaster, especially for someone who may have an anxiety disorder.

onefm is offline Associate Member
    I had issues with anxiety on a cycle, but didn't peg it due to the cycle. It ended up being because I was a daily drinker and had nervous and b-vitamin issues. On top of personal drama. My nerves where just simply shot. After some life changes, I was back to normal. Never stopped cycling though. You need to look at your nerve health and other stress factors.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Theres no way of knowing for sure. Nobody knows what the side effects will be for a certain person until they venture out into this dark world. There are common side effects with AAS but no guarantee on what you will experience.

A good thing to keep in mind is if you do experience terrible side effects, you can always just stop the cycle which is what most poeple do. Usually on a test only cycle these side effects dont get so severe as say your first tren cycle.
    < <Samson> > and Honkey_Kong like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Everyone,

Have used meds for depression/anxiety for years and did not experience an increase due to AAS.

However, I personally get anxious because I’m constantly double thinking everything. Like am I progressing adequately for this cycle? Maybe the gear is under dosed? Crap like that. But, then again, that’s my personality, so I don’t think it’s the AAS increasing the issues.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Same as many above, been battling anxiety and some form of PTSD for many years, but in my case I got rid of it ON, but came back OFF.
    The thing is, in my case at least, that steroids made me feel much more stable and enhanced both physically and mentally, that gave confidence, which gave stability, which in turn cured me more or less.
    Jumping on PCT and go back to "normal" restarted it.
    I am deciding if I should just do TRT, but TRT is not a cycle and I have no clue if the wonderful enhanced feeling will be the same being on for life.

I would start with just a Test Prop cycle to test you out, fast to get effect and fast to get off if you are in need to do so.
    I would not mix compounds or go long ester judging by what you have stated, just Test P and nothing else, and do it before summer if you are prepared.
    Keep in mind tho, that you need to be prepared for PCT more than the ON period, that is when anxiety can become an issue.
    JennyYend likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I been thinking about this a bit - wtf do roids really do to our brain

When I 1st jumped on, I always told myself that they didn’t do shit aside from changing our physical appearance

Bull shit

Roids can/will change just about everything in our body - how, well - we’re all different
    JennyYend and Honkey_Kong like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    As a rule of thumb, if you're worried about running a cycle and getting anxiety then don't run the cycle. If you're not feeling 100% confident about what you're putting in to your body, then you shouldn't be doing it. And you're doing the right thing by asking people about your concern BEFORE you jump in to it. There are a lot of guys who will just jump in to the cycle and then come on here looking for information to ease their concerns.

Most of us will probably say that we didn't notice an increase in anxiety, but that doesn't mean it won't for you. Steroids do affect more than just the size of your muscles. Anybody who has a wife or old lady and it is her time of the month know how powerful hormones are on the mind.

I have panic attacks from time to time and I can only think of one instance where I had one while I was blasting gear. The other times, I was either not on AAS or I was on a TRT dose of test. It may be the steroids effect on the mind directly that helped my anxiety. It also could've just been that I was feeling strong and looking my best.

Now back when I still did PCTs, I've had panic attacks. But generally that is the time where you're going to feel your worst.
    JennyYend, Cuz and Test Monsterone like this.

Blog Entries
    Shit, try coming off - that’s when you really see the difference

Like all other dope - we feel great when we are on it(for the most part) - take it away & you’re on a spiral way to mental hell

EnduranceCamp is offline New Member
    I suffer from PTSD induced anxiety if that even a thing. Only time I had a spike in anxiety was when I was taking EQ. I have run Tren , deca and had no anxiety. I thought it was and of weird. Like Wango, I do double think almost everything. Weather its work related or work out related I am constantly questioning stuff.

But will you get anxiety attacks while on cycle? No one can say. If you do decide to cycle, I would say start at a low reasonable dose and if you cant handle it just stop. Good luck
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Shit, try coming off - that’s when you really see the difference

Like all other dope - we feel great when we are on it(for the most part) - take it away & you’re on a spiral way to mental hell
    Its fuckin horrible for me
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Its fuckin horrible for me
    Lol

Coming off?

Shit, I remember last time I fully came off all gear - it was about 8 years ago. . . Shit, talk about a come down

Kinda y I stayed on as long as I have
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Lol

Coming off?

Shit, I remember last time I fully came off all gear - it was about 8 years ago. . . Shit, talk about a come down

Kinda y I stayed on as long as I have
    I never come completely “off” as im on trt for as long as im able but just essentially speaking the “come down” is very hard to deal with especially as i age.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnduranceCamp View Post
    I suffer from PTSD induced anxiety if that even a thing. Only time I had a spike in anxiety was when I was taking EQ. I have run Tren , deca and had no anxiety. I thought it was and of weird. Like Wango, I do double think almost everything. Weather its work related or work out related I am constantly questioning stuff.

But will you get anxiety attacks while on cycle? No one can say. If you do decide to cycle, I would say start at a low reasonable dose and if you cant handle it just stop. Good luck
    Anxiety is one of the things EQ supposedly increases. I never noticed it at 700 mg but I’m always a little on the edge anyhow.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Hey Everyone,

Most important item of all...keep hemacrit at low end of range. From there monitor your blood pressure and maintain it where it is normal. You have a preexisting condition with the panic attack. You have to measure how you react. No one person can tell you how they will work for you.

fish479 is offline New Member
    If anything on cycle helped me with mental health.
    JennyYend likes this.

Thread Information