Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post counts

ptbyjason Guest

Post counts

Decided to make my own thread regarding this. I hope everyone can discuss this with respect and we can come to an agreement.

It has been expressed that post counts are important to let everyone know the knowledge they posses. I can set it up so that certain forums to do not allow posts to count towards the users total. I need to know if what forums you would like this applied to and why.

Sorry papapump, you have to reply again.

cflorencecnt is offline New Member
    Hey bro, Number of posts does not necessary reflect knowledge on a subject.
    This is my first post on this board, but am a top 10 poster on SE.
    Some of our posters there post stupid shit all the time, but you learn who to trust and who is a dumb ass.
    I am not into jokes or humor, but fully into AS and the effects of them.
    Just my opinion bro

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    He's right PT, I don't care how many posts I got (as long is above 200 LOL ). Really, if people want to trust someone they have to stick around. Most of us know who we are and what we know on certain subjects. I know who to trust on this board, but almost everyone knows something about different stuff. The trust comes to me with time. Yes I do have stupid posts, like almost everyone else but when we post a real question we reply with our knowledge in the best interest of that person. So what I got to say "Stick around if you want to know the perfect answer"

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Guys, it's not about number of posts, but about when you joined really. I mean, most of people's posts are less than informative and are just "Good post" or "bump" or "some other smart ass remark".

4plates is offline Banned
    i think i open a can of worms here,but i do know what cflorencecnt is saying,and like i said i didnt mean to disrespect anyone here.
    what meant by # of post = a status or knowledge symbol,is that i usually look for serious advice by someone i know(not personaly but know that this person knows what he or she is talking about)
    the are some people who i know that dont have a large # of posts ,but know what there talking about.
    and there are a number of people who have a large number of posts who still ask if its ok to drink winny,(just an example).

oh hell you know what im trying to say,like i said ,no disrespect.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    You need the counter but i dont agree with the continual posting to raise the counter. LIke it or not people will pay attention to people who have more post becuase they have put the time on the board so they must now somewhat what there talking about. There always is the ecception of the vets and people who have just joined the board for the most part the people who have spent the time on the board reflects on the counts from now on just dont count the general post that ould keep the whoring to a minimum. What I am trying to say is you cant get rid of the post but you can control it to certain forums.

Also dont allow multiple posting on the same thread in a row so it illeminates more of the whoreing (like I just did)

nymattyk is offline Member
    Originally posted by pureanger
    Also dont allow multiple posting on the same thread in a row so it illeminates more of the whoreing (like I just did)
    i think you should leave the multiple posting so if you need to ask another question in a thread or something like that, because it does help out

Im not syaing you chould take out the multiple postings just not more than one in a row so people just dont say one word per post.

The Iron Game Guest
    Does post number really count? Some of the most knowledgable guys I know post very rarely and have less than 100 posts on many boards but are extremelly educated on the subject. Why dont we scrap the post count so people stop using the excuse of the greater the post count the greater the knowledge which causes a lot of newbies to bump every post.

How about a title ranking instead that can be configured

Mike Guest
    Originally posted by cflorencecnt
    Hey bro, Number of posts does not necessary reflect knowledge on a subject.
    This is my first post on this board, but am a top 10 poster on SE.
    Some of our posters there post stupid shit all the time, but you learn who to trust and who is a dumb ass.
    I am not into jokes or humor, but fully into AS and the effects of them.
    Just my opinion bro
    I have nevrer heard of that board - what are you referring to bud?

YOu still would have to base the title ranking system on somthing just because i am on the board alot and I have a fair amount of postings how do I know I should take the advice of someone who has less than 100 just becuse someone tells me that they know alot. Im all for a title ranking system as long as it means something.

The Iron Game Guest
    yep gotta agree but it wouldnt be too hard to set up something where members can decide or moderators decide on who gets which title. This can be done from reading past posts by people and giving them a score out of 10 and having the ranking system based on that. Not saying it is going to happen but its an idea. Perhaps everyone remains at no rank until they have been around for a month or a given period of time

Peace

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by The Iron Game
    Does post number really count? Some of the most knowledgable guys I know post very rarely and have less than 100 posts on many boards but are extremelly educated on the subject.
    I aGree...a lot of the VETS here are on other boards more often so they aren't going to rack up the #'s here... but you better believe I would be reading any post by macro, Andy13, ulter etc...

If you do away with the post #'s, there really does need to be some way of recognizing the more experienced/knowledgable members....for the sake of the newer members...because once you are around long enough, you will (or should anyway) recognize who knows their stuff

BTW- nathan...my registration date is sometimes Dec 1969...shouldn't I be SuperDuper Moderator then?
    What happens here, stays here

Thast a good I dea so you dont have somone the first time posting in one day post 100 times about the weather and if you can drink winnie or not.

I think that this would be a good idea. I think that God, Mod and Vets should vote on the title of someone. I think that they should vote on the advice educational posts that people reply. The time period thing it's a great idea too. ANd the best idea would be to get really good chat room, I mean really good one so 50% of the whore posts would be gone, most of them are not even whore posts, it's just people talking back and foward on this same subject.

Didnt even think about a chatroom you can put a link right on the board so you can go back and forth between the too. I will agree also its a good idea to have the mods vote but I dont know if I agree with the vets voting IMO

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i saw we just leave it all alone. it seems to be the general understanding that post counts don't mean anything, so why waste the effort to play with the system. we all know who knows what they're talking about, so i say we just leave it. but then again, it's JMO

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

ptbyjason,
    Though this is a newbies opinion, I never noticed the post counts until you pointed them out. I generally eye in on the vets, mods or senior members replys and posts first anyhow. Most of us newbies still post the "Can I stick this here" or the usual "Stupid question" posts so I pretty much pass those up and go for the meaty posts I feel I can aquire knowledge from. Just a newbies opinion though.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    We can scrap post counts if you want. People know who knows what around here. Whatever yall want is fine with me.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down

I think you should keep the post count situation the way it is. You can tell how knowlegable a person is through the quailty of their post and not by the # of their posts. If a person is full of shit but they have like 1000 posts, I wouldnt give them more crediability due to their large post #, I'd just take their post for whats its worth.

The original jason Guest
    I say leave it in place and or go with the idea abovve about the titles that say, .... just the supermods can decide on, however doing it this way would just bring more unecassary work I dont mind anything to help but I have to ask is it really worth it and the people who are complaining do they have any posts???

In fact what is the problem why are people moaning??? to me nothing is wrong so dont fix it this board is great there is no point to change anything when Jason asks to make it better people just come out with allsorts of stupid shit.

I say unless there is a real consensus of opinion on a certain thing then leave it as its a cool place to hang out and everyone knows whos who once u been here a little while

Peace
    JAson

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Although I'm relatively new to this posting stuff. In my opinion it really does not matter wether the post counts are made visible or not. I consider myself knowledgable about training, dieting, and AAS and thier administration and Iam a junior member. I think that people who are new to AAS use and training should realize that if they ask a question in a form of a post, that this should not be the only research they do to come up with a equitable answer.

For instance if a VET or a MOD tells someone to eat dog shit and they will get big from it, they really should research that to see if it fact or fiction. Not that any VET or MOD would do that on this board.

Basically what I'm saying is that the answers here on this board (not busting on anyones knowledge, because there is alot of it here) should only make up part of the conclusive answer as to wether or not your going to do something.

If a person is not willing to research thier question by using several different methods than they probably should not be asking it.

So to me the post really dont mean anything to me other than to tell me that the persons been around this board awhile.

PEACE

ptbyjason Guest
    Hmmmm, new ideas now. I never thought about removing the post count, but that can be done with no problem. We would have to manually change the titles, which would not be a big deal. It would take some time, but we could do it.

bumping for more feedback

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    another board i goto has a ranking sytem by stars. ad you get more stars by other members voting for you.it kinda works good. If you want take a look at it. It at GIXXER.COM
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by The original jason
    I say leave it in place and or go with the idea abovve about the titles that say, .... just the supermods can decide on, however doing it this way would just bring more unecassary work I dont mind anything to help but I have to ask is it really worth it and the people who are complaining do they have any posts???

In fact what is the problem why are people moaning??? to me nothing is wrong so dont fix it this board is great there is no point to change anything when Jason asks to make it better people just come out with allsorts of stupid shit.

I say unless there is a real consensus of opinion on a certain thing then leave it as its a cool place to hang out and everyone knows whos who once u been here a little while

Peace
    JAson
    [/QUOTE

i really dont see the problem. i mean, if someone replys with a retarded post, there is usually someone knowledgable on line to correct it. because tnt doesnt have 1000 post, does that mean we should not listen to him? just read his post and you know he knows what he is talking about.

sounds like a bunch of whining for no reason. either way its fine with me, what ever you guys decide. meanwhile, i'll be being my usual helpful self.

Black Stang is offline Associate Member
    I think most who stick around, get to know who's who from the info they give. I would not be concerned about the post count. I have not been here all that long, and I know the regulars already. Also seen some come from elite that have alot of knowledge. They don't have high post counts, but the Mods have been good to upgrade their titles to Vets so we know they have been around the game a while. With that, I say why waste the time to change it, but I'll like this site ethier way.

Originally posted by gixxerboy
    another board i goto has a ranking sytem by stars. ad you get more stars by other members voting for you.it kinda works good. If you want take a look at it. It at GIXXER.COM
    I think he's talking about FB. I like the idea of that. Like make it a five star rating system. And everytime someone makes a good point, or an excellent post, people can vote to give them a star. That way, if a guy posts a million times but is really just talking jibberish. We would know who people trust around here, with a ranking system.
    BTW...I think our board has no dumb people. Everyone here is learning something new most every day. People may be less knowledgable, but that doesn't make anyone superior to another. (Except you mods catcha break )

Do you guy’s think that its such a great idea to let other members vote on someone’s post ability? I mean, I agree that a person who’s posting for the sake of just posting, should by no means be ranked higher than another individual whom is just as knowledgeable, or even more so, but decides to stay quiet because its such a common question, you know someone else will answer anyway. What about the dormant ones who really know there stuff and only decide to post on the more involved questions. I’ve also noticed that a lot of these guys are pretty quick with their fingers when answering a questions (typing I mean) and others who would just as likely give the same answer, don’t bother for fear of looking foolish repeating almost identically what the guy before him said. Also, if other members are expected to keep track of how each individual is rated, by the type of post that he/she answers, then a lot of us are going to spend our time looking into past post rather than being able to ask/answer the questions we want to in new ones. I mean, have you ever been away from this board for a couple of days? You end up with 5-6hrs worth of reading just to catch up. I think that I’m gonna have to side with the guys that think that the best way to determine ones ability or rank to answer questions with any sort of merit, is to just stick around and see who the smart ones are. I’ve noticed some guys here are total post whores, but still by no means end up talking out of their ass. Hell, I’ve waited months before joining the board, so I’ve only been here a short while and I’ve got to say I’ve even posted just to keep some of the threads going. JMO

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Numbers have nothing to do with it. It's not like there is only one person who replies to a question. When I first came here, and would ask a question, at least 5 people would answer that question, and the answers were very close to each other. It's just common sense, numbers mean shit. Just read wtf the guy says, and what the other ppl say too, and then you know what they are saying.

Something like that ! LOL

Thnx
    Terinox

I say leave it the way it is or add titles if you wanna take away the counts. I dont want to have to vote on a good post if I like it.

Adaptek is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by The Iron Game
    Does post number really count? Some of the most knowledgable guys I know post very rarely and have less than 100 posts on many boards but are extremelly educated on the subject. Why dont we scrap the post count so people stop using the excuse of the greater the post count the greater the knowledge which causes a lot of newbies to bump every post.

How about a title ranking instead that can be configured
    Those that believe a greater post count = more knowledge are loonies.
    There are some v. young kids that come on the boards, who may have a high post count because they have a lot of time on their hands. Some dont really have any experience with AAS and just regurgitate what others have said.
    On the other hand IG, I know you have a lot of knowledge so if i see 1000 posts to your name I know it is a 1000 quality posts and I respect that.

Honestly those post counts really don't matter, but if you got 1000 post you better know some good stuff, because if you don't then WTF are you doing on this board. Wasting your time. I don't think that there is anyone here with 1000 posts that will give bad advice and I know we don't have 1000 post morons here either.

ptbyjason Guest
    pureanger, you said what I wanted to say exactly. Looking at that other board, I really doubt any of us are going to vote on people's stars. We can vote on threads here and put stars beside it, but no one does it. So I really doubt someone is going to vote per person.

One of the concerns is people who just sign up and look at the post counts. Yes, after you stick around a while, you learn who to listen to. But when you are new you are going to be looking for something to justify someones answers.

So what have we decided then? Are we just leaving it alone or doing away with it?

Thumbs up Since nobody is going to step up. I guess PaPa will have to step to the plate.

Keep 'em?

The original jason Guest
    leave it be bro spend your time doing more imaginative things I am sure you are lol

peace
    JAson

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    ptJASON... it seems u are mostly worried for newbies... a way to ensure their "safety" on who to listen to would be... when they first sign up, don't allow them to post untill they've logged in a certain number of times(say 20 times?)... this would give them time to read many posts, and see who knows their stuff....

but really, whatever u do is good with me.

Just leave them. There is no reason to change. Honestly who on this board has lot's of post and gives bad advice. I think NO one. If something like that ever happend this board would go nuts about it. The thread would be flooded with arguments, because everyone would be pissed. So just leave it.

When I came here as a newbie I asked questions, but was not sure who was right. Then I stuck around and know exactly what's going on and I'm getting more educated with everyday on here like all of us. So why bother wasteing time.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't sweat the post #'s. I'm not trying to get a promotion. I don't care how many posts I have compared to everyone else. After all, I'm way cooler than them anyway.

CYCLEON Guest
    Jason - I know you have your tinkering hat on - but please leave the post count thing alone - unless you want to stretch the amount of posts it takes to get to senior member or something like that. This is why we created the "vet" category - remember?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information