• 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By warchild
  • 1 Post By Murph9

Thread: Low dose Deca blast - what to expect

normalkev is offline New Member

Low dose Deca blast - what to expect

Hey all,

I’m in my early 40s and started TRT a couple years ago. I’m running 170mg test per week and am thinking of adding in 200mg deca for a small blast for the next 10 weeks. My goal is to build a little bit of muscle and look good for my age. What can I expect at this dose? I’ve been training off and on over the years. I’m only 160 lbs at 13-14% bf. I don’t ever plan on running anything at high dose since longevity is my goal but i would also like a little boost since I’m already in my 40s and don’t have years to build a great physique naturally. I will be eating 300 cals above my TDEE to minimize fat gain and training upper/lower 4x per week with an add on shoulder and abs day. Thanks!

Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    You probably wont see a whole lot of change from 200 deca + TRT test alone, but since you are not very heavy, the dose may be sufficient for you. I would increase the test a bit to at least a 1:1 ratio. It's something that's commonly recommended in order to avoid "deca dick," and libido issues. I've personally used Deca at a dose a little higher than test and didn't notice any definitive sexual side effects related to deca, but this is at low-moderate doses.
    Krb367 and Testie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    You probably wont see a whole lot of change from 200 deca + TRT test alone, but since you are not very heavy, the dose may be sufficient for you. I would increase the test a bit to at least a 1:1 ratio. It's something that's commonly recommended in order to avoid "deca dick," and libido issues. I've personally used Deca at a dose a little higher than test and didn't notice any definitive sexual side effects related to deca, but this is at low-moderate doses.
    Thanks for the response. I wanted to see how I react to a low dose. If i can put on 4-6 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks I would be happy.

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    You’re going to need to run the deca longer than 10 weeks for those 4-6 lbs. 8-10 weeks is the sweet spot for things to finally get rolling.

IMO I’d plan for 14 weeks

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Aside from maybe some joint relief? Probably not much.
    Testie likes this.

Ok, thank you all. I have enough to run it longer. I will see what I can get this run and bump it up next time.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When I added deca to my TRT I went from 210 to 230. Some d-bol helped but I stay at 230 sub 15% BF. I felt like deca was the magic equation for adding mass for my body type.
    Krb367 likes this.

Murph9 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krb367 View Post
    You’re going to need to run the deca longer than 10 weeks for those 4-6 lbs. 8-10 weeks is the sweet spot for things to finally get rolling.

IMO I’d plan for 14 weeks
    This. I run Deca for 16 weeks. That the sweet spot for me.
    Krb367 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    When I added deca to my TRT I went from 210 to 230. Some d-bol helped but I stay at 230 sub 15% BF. I felt like deca was the magic equation for adding mass for my body type.
    Awesome, what dose and how long did you run it?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph9 View Post
    This. I run Deca for 16 weeks. That the sweet spot for me.
    Thanks, wish I could run it longer but need to cut for a vacation this summer.

Wannabhuge14 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by normalkev View Post
    Thanks, wish I could run it longer but need to cut for a vacation this summer.

Why cut immediately after a bulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabhuge14 View Post
    Why cut immediately after a bulk?
    I have a 2 week beach vacation 6 weeks after my last planned dose. I’m already on TRT so I don’t have to worry about any restart issues.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by normalkev View Post
    Hey all,

I’m in my early 40s and started TRT a couple years ago. I’m running 170mg test per week and am thinking of adding in 200mg deca for a small blast for the next 10 weeks. My goal is to build a little bit of muscle and look good for my age. What can I expect at this dose? I’ve been training off and on over the years. I’m only 160 lbs at 13-14% bf. I don’t ever plan on running anything at high dose since longevity is my goal but i would also like a little boost since I’m already in my 40s and don’t have years to build a great physique naturally. I will be eating 300 cals above my TDEE to minimize fat gain and training upper/lower 4x per week with an add on shoulder and abs day. Thanks!

Kev

I have taken 200 mg of Deca purely for my joints and noticed a difference, I would say that I would consider upping your test up a bit, honestly I think you would get better results just by upping your test unless you just wanna try Deca, I think it’s a good drug but not pound for pound with test...just my opinion Good luck my Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Testie View Post
    I have taken 200 mg of Deca purely for my joints and noticed a difference, I would say that I would consider upping your test up a bit, honestly I think you would get better results just by upping your test unless you just wanna try Deca, I think it’s a good drug but not pound for pound with test...just my opinion Good luck my Brother!
    Thank you! I was on 200 for my TRT and I hard a hard time with estrogen control and lots of emotional issues. I feel terrible taking arimidex so I dropped to 170. I think I am going to order some NPP and up my deca to 300.

Thread Information