• 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Gain muscles on anavar?

Conny is offline New Member

Gain muscles on anavar?

Hi is it true that you don't gain fat and only muscles if you eat a lot on a anavar cycle?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Conny View Post
    Hi is it true that you don't gain fat and only muscles if you eat a lot on a anavar cycle?
    You use very generic, non quantifiable terms however to your point- no, you can gain fat on any cycle if you are over maintenance calories.
    There is no magical pill that can allow you to only gain muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Drugs don’t make your body defy fundamental biology. That said, they do make everything “better” so to speak.
    Either way, your question needs a shitload more context.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    If this was true I’d be bigger than Craig Golias
    Cylon357 and Honkey_Kong like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Conny View Post
    No, its not true. Diet will have to be near perfect and custom taylored to your metabolism. It can be done but its not easy to gain muscle without adding bodyfat

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    No, its not true. Diet will have to be near perfect and custom taylored to your metabolism. It can be done but its not easy to gain muscle without adding bodyfat
    I wouldn’t go that far, but actual contractile tissue accrual in general is so damned slow, that you’re not going to be able to gauge it in short intervals (beyond the first few months of training anyway) without laboratory equipment.
    It’s why I kinda giggle at people who say that Creatine doesn’t work for them. Motherfuckers, you don’t have the ability to actually assess the differences that are measured in the trials.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

teedoff is online now Member
    Diet is the magic pill along with proper exercise and weight training. I will say I've put on 5lbs of lean muscle the last 6 weeks in anavar only. But my diet and workout regimen is pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Diet is the magic pill along with proper exercise and weight training. I will say I've put on 5lbs of lean muscle the last 6 weeks in anavar only. But my diet and workout regimen is pretty good.

5Lbs of LBM in 1.5 months < impossible, right?!

Var only?!

Hmmmmn

Well if my math and my trainer's math is right.

206lbs 18% bf starting out

Now 204 and 14.5% bf.

Take your weight multiple by the body fat % subtract from your weigh.

206 - 37 = 169

204 - 29 = 174

Is that not correct?

Your bodyfat % is probably wrong.
    How do you measure it?
    Gallowmere and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    5Lbs of LBM in 1.5 months < impossible, right?!

Var only?!

Hmmmmn
    I will give them all the AAS and slin they want and they won’t get those results.

< <Samson> > likes this.

She uses the micrometer or caliper or what ever it's called.

She's an ifbb pro and has trained dozens of other competitors, so I assume she knows what she's doing.

I have no doubt she knows what she is doing but calipers aren't very accurate at measuring bodyfat.

If you are brand new to training then it is possible to gain 5lbs of muscle while losing fat in 6 weeks but those are newbie gains.

How long have you been training?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I have no doubt she knows what she is doing but calipers aren't very accurate at measuring bodyfat.

If you are brand new to training then it is possible to gain 5lbs of muscle while losing fat in 6 weeks but those are newbie gains.

How long have you been training?
    Little over 2 years minus a few months for rotator cuff surgery in 2019.

I agree calibers probably aren't the most accurate, but she uses the exact same method and spots on the body to get measurements every time. Also I think her caliber is digital. Not sure if that makes it any less or more apt to become inaccurate.

Gain muscles on anavar?

Little over 2 years minus a few months for rotator cuff surgery in 2019.

I agree calibers probably aren't the most accurate, but she uses the exact same method and spots on the body to get measurements every time. Also I think her caliber is digital. Not sure if that makes it any less or more apt to become inaccurate.
    Calipers used correctly are a fantastic tool for tracking trends.
    For giving an actual body fat percentage though, they suck. I could dry you out with sodium restriction and water overloading but keep kcals the same, and the calipers would report massive losses in body fat in a single day.

Caliper calcs are how you end up with stupid shit like Ronnie Coleman saying “I was leth than two puhthent body fat”.
    Last edited by Gallowmere; 03-12-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Family_guy and Cuz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Calipers used correctly are a fantastic tool for tracking trends.
    For giving an actual body fat percentage though, they suck. I could dry you out with sodium restriction and water overloading but keep kcals the same, and the calipers would report massive losses in body fat in a single day.

Caliper calcs are how you end up with stupid shit like Ronnie Coleman saying “I was leth than two puhthent body fat”.
    What's the other alternative for a non competition minded person other than a $500 hydrostatic test or the like? I mean I don't know specifically the costs of those types of test, but for the average gym rat, they're not feasible.

I used to get dunked underwater about $25 in Georgia.

Body Fat Test

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I will give them all the AAS and slin they want and they won’t get those results.

Yeah, I figured - since I live talking crap anyway

I’m thinking on my 1st ever cycle, I put on maybe 3 pounds of LBM a month - after that, it dropped off drastically. I’d be happy af if I could gain 3-5 Lbs of LBM a year(on a ton of juice & eating like a horse)

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Yeah, I figured - since I live talking crap anyway

I’m thinking on my 1st ever cycle, I put on maybe 3 pounds of LBM a month - after that, it dropped off drastically. I’d be happy af if I could gain 3-5 Lbs of LBM a year(on a ton of juice & eating like a horse)
    I optimistically shoot for 10 lb but its getting harder and harder

I'll be doing another bulk test cycle in a couple months. Hoping to see more gains.

After this cycle my plan is to remain around 13 to 14% bf then go into this next cycle in a better place bf and weight wise.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    2 years ago at this time I had a cycle custom tailored for me by someone who knew their way around AAS & diet.

61 years old, one largely missing RC and started at about 18%.

I used underwater testing and have repeated it at 20%, 15% and 12% and then took a pic (will not show them here, lol) and judge from those. Hydrostatic out here is around $50. I’m pretty good at tracking my bf because of that now.

Test 200mg.
    Var 20 progressed to 40/day.
    HGH 2iu’s/day
    20 mcg/clen & T-3 per day.
    Diet was basic, clean (although we worked around one flaw, lol) and no more than 2000 quality calories/day.

Started at 200 ended at about 210 with fat below 15% (not 12 though) in 10 weeks (though dropped the clen & T-3 at the seventh week). I was ecstatic as my only previous cycle about 2 years prior to that consisted of 500mg. test, got me bloated, fat and I gained about 4 pounds of muscle.
    teedoff likes this.

What's the other alternative for a non competition minded person other than a $500 hydrostatic test or the like? I mean I don't know specifically the costs of those types of test, but for the average gym rat, they're not feasible.
    Use the mirror. I am not being a smart ass either. It’s just a number. I think that you want to know for vanity reasons.
    The calipers are very dependent on the person doing it. I have actually had one person that was extremely consistent before a competition. I had another that had me bouncing all over the place.
    I gave up and went to the visual comparison model. Probably more accurate..... well unless just before a competition...:: you look and see a person at 6% bf that looks great and 5 seconds later you see a person at 18% bf that looks like shit .

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Use the mirror. I am not being a smart ass either. It’s just a number. I think that you want to know for vanity reasons.
    The calipers are very dependent on the person doing it. I have actually had one person that was extremely consistent before a competition. I had another that had me bouncing all over the place.
    I gave up and went to the visual comparison model. Probably more accurate..... well unless just before a competition...:: you look and see a person at 6% bf that looks great and 5 seconds later you see a person at 18% bf that looks like shit .

Agreed. I do check my self in the mirror weekly and see results. My problem I have, and mentioned before is excess skin around my belly and underarms that is not really fat.

I can also tell how my clothes fit after losing fat, even though only losing a couple pounds on the scale.

With that said, I trust my trainer and her process of measuring bf. Sure the caliber may be +- a bit, but for a non competition guy like me it works well enough.

I.may see if there is a place near me that does a cheap enough hydrostatic or another type of test just for my own curiosity. But that might be a good thing to do when my body looks better. Lol I still want to put on more muscle mass. I'm just now to the point where I'm seeing results in my bis and tris. My back and shoulder always show results earlier. I guess because I don't naturally carry a lot of fat in those places. Legs as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I optimistically shoot for 10 lb but its getting harder and harder
    That’s been impossible to me for almost a half a decade

Otherwise I’d b well over 240 Lbs

And, I’m not willing to add more to the mix other than cals & roids

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    That’s been impossible to me for almost a half a decade

Otherwise I’d b well over 240 Lbs

And, I’m not willing to add more to the mix other than cals & roids
    I hear ya!!
    I am able to meet 10 lbs in a year lately but it is being extremely strict on everything ( workouts, diet, gear). I am on cycle most of the year. I go off after every cycle to a cruise for 5 weeks.
    I have slin and Hgh in the mix also- let my estrogen go high.
    I base this off of stage weight so it is pretty accurate. I was up up as far as 243, and am 228 on a cruise. I am shooting for 214 stage weight, but not sure if I will make it. 204 in Aug 219, but I had two surgeries in 2020.

Family_guy likes this.

Thread Information