Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: AST, ALT, and PSA results

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

AST, ALT, and PSA results

Just got my bloods back. I need some expert advice.

My AST and ALT were high. 105 and 127 respectively.
    I did have diarrhea for about a week and major stomachs noise going on. I do not think that would cause anything, but I am not sure. I went off cycle about 3 weeks prior to bloods. My liver should have been good. I did take NAC the night before, but I don’t think that would effect it. TUDCA May but I wasn’t taking TUDCA.

My PSA was also climbing. It was 3.2 about 4 months earlier. It was 4.3. The only thing I can think of is I have cancer again. I was having issues with my prostrate when I was high test (1.5 g).

My other tests came out good, although that may be irrelevant. Thyroid ( which was removed) is exactly where we want it.

I have my conclusions, but I would like to hear from the experts that know much more than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I’m no expert just have some experience with digestive issues as in an autoimmune disease, ulcerative colitis. When have flare up, liver enzymes and C relative protein increase due to inflammation. They travel in the same direction together.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    My AST and ALT were high. 105 and 127 respectively.
    You don't get your Kimbo Club membership card til they're in the thousands.

Well, Dr surprised me.... he said to go back in three months and get AST and ALP checked. I was expecting that he was going to tell me that I was on my last legs and this was huge.
    PSA he recommended that I see my urologist.

GirlyGymRat likes this.

good luck

AST, ALT, and PSA results-prostate-exam.jpg
    Lethal Hamburger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    good luck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prostate exam.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	180901
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    good luck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prostate exam.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	180901
    At the urologist now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Prostatitis is a possibility, hit it with a round of doxycycline or other antibiotic.

Mine recurs often, maybe one a year, and when it does the doc is just like 'here is your script '

GP doc should have been able to do the DRE to evaluate without going to urologist. I get the 'swollen but smooth' result - that's the one you want.

You also need your free psa % to better evaluate your risk of prostate cancer.

You might be a candidate for finasteride with as much gear as you run. It works well for some, though I won't touch it again except in microdoses and there isn't another viable option.

In short, without knowing your specific medical history, I would think the likelihood of prostate cancer isn't high but possible. But I'm no doc, just a dude with a wonky prostate...
    Damn man. I learned more reading your response than I have on my own. I love responses like these because I can now go and do targeted research.
    I am getting a MRI- pending authorization from my insurance.
    The good thing about the MRI is they accomplish a targeted biopsy at the same session if they find anything irregular.
    I also have a family history with prostrate cancer. Mother and sister were also lost to cancer. You can understand my edginess when there is even a remote possibility cancer plus I already had it once and my thyroid was removed.

Cylon357 likes this.

Two Non-Cancerous Causes for Higher PSA

urologists have long known that prostate inflammation may cause PSA to be elevated,

We also found that the odds of having a clinically elevated PSA were greater among men with higher testosterone levels.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/brad...for-higher-psa

I am willing to bet that most steroids would raise PSA. (just a guess... I am no doctor.) Or maybe just ones that convert to DHT or are DHT derivatives???

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Prostatitis is a possibility, hit it with a round of doxycycline or other antibiotic.

Mine recurs often, maybe one a year, and when it does the doc is just like 'here is your script '

GP doc should have been able to do the DRE to evaluate without going to urologist. I get the 'swollen but smooth' result - that's the one you want.

You also need your free psa % to better evaluate your risk of prostate cancer.

You might be a candidate for finasteride with as much gear as you run. It works well for some, though I won't touch it again except in microdoses and there isn't another viable option.

In short, without knowing your specific medical history, I would think the likelihood of prostate cancer isn't high but possible. But I'm no doc, just a dude with a wonky prostate...
    Cipro does the trick for me. Prostatitis is terrible; especially if it becomes chronic. Fortunately, my bouts seemed to be acute.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

@Charger69, how did things turn out for you? Good, bad, ugly?
    Well, the liver I am supposed to retake in 3 months.. not happening. I have a competition coming upon that time frame. Dr did not seemed too concerned so I am taking NAC daily now and TUDCA.

The MRI is near the end of the month for the prostrate. I was incorrect. If I have something questionable. Then I will have to go back and get a biopsy.

I am starting my cutting cycle. Anything I need to be careful of for the biopsy? I am planning on cycling like any other competition.

Thread Information