Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: What is required to achieve success with AS

the.muscled.lawyer is offline Associate Member

What is required to achieve success with AS

Hi,

I ve been wondering why among all users of As, some get a wonderful body while others get a satisfactory or horrible body.

AS will not suffice to reach a ripped and massive body.

Is it due to the diet ? If yes how come many pro bodybuilders eat a lot of fastfood craps and stay lean ?
    Is it due to their workout ? Is it because they do not often work out or because they do not lift heavy ?

I assume that everyone taking AS will have gains but maybe not the targeted achievement. I ve seen a lot of users who take AS and are not ripped at all. They have no abs and they have no definition.

In summary, what does it take to reach a ripped and massive body ? What is the perfect combo ? What are the rules to follow when on AS ?

And after, how to maintain this perfect body without getting bigger ?
    Last edited by the.muscled.lawyer; 09-05-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    The best of bodybuilders have insane genetics. The rest are amazing responders to AAS. I am naturally a big guy and I’m on 125 mg and look like I do I my pic. I have taken up to almost a gram of test and didn’t change much. I saw maybe a 5-10 lb increase. I do not have good genetics for bodybuilding, but still better than 90% of the male population. Other guys look like they never lifted without steroids but blow up on moderate doses (Kevin Levrone comes to mind).

A solid diet and workout plan is the basis of bodybuilding, but it doesn’t matter if the genetics are not there. AAS, insulin , growth hormone , peptides, ancillaries, diuretics, T3, clen , SEOs, etc., are all a part of this sport. Better genetics allow for less abuse of drugs, but at a competitive level, it’s a big science project.
    Dgs59 and XnavyHMCS like this.

protectionplus1 is offline New Member
    I was in a car wreck back in 93. I suffer from nerve damage, which also took away muscle. I am 50 now, and I would like to get on Deca Durabolin a light easy on the heart hgh... but I am scared of scams and fakes.... I would like to finish my life out not in a wheelchair... just need some direction,.. where to go for gear... Trying to have a better quality of life for my last 1/4. [email protected] Thanks

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    First of all, everybody's definition of "success from AS" will vary.

But I don't think it's one particular vector. But rather everything. Your natural ability and genetic max plays a role. How well your body responds to gear. How much rest you can get. What your diet consists of and when you eat. How you train, etc.

Even if your body responds well to gear. You'll get better results by training hard and in a way that it better helps achieve your goal. Same with rest and nutrition.
    Dgs59 likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    It all depends - period

I never thought I could look & feel like I do - thx steroids . . . Side effects, well
    Dgs59 and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by protectionplus1 View Post
    I was in a car wreck back in 93. I suffer from nerve damage, which also took away muscle. I am 50 now, and I would like to get on Deca Durabolin a light easy on the heart hgh... but I am scared of scams and fakes.... I would like to finish my life out not in a wheelchair... just need some direction,.. where to go for gear... Trying to have a better quality of life for my last 1/4. [email protected] Thanks

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Are you hijacking my thread ?
    DinAZ, XnavyHMCS and Third Tier like this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    Are you hijacking my thread ?
    I’m not even sure what happening tbh…usually someone is offering something or asking for something when they supply an email address but this just reminds me of fly fishing on a day that’s too windy.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Awesome question. As guys above said it depends what you want and gear is there to make it "easy" for you but definitely not a magic pill.

It depends on your diet, your exercise regime and important of all YOUR LIFESTYLE and most important of all WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE? if You want to go ProBB well you gotta act like one and start (nothing happens overnight), you want to be a model, well start and adapt a lifestyle. You change your lifestyle of what you want to look like. I bulk and cut a million times, my body knows when is what, I know what would I do to make my abs standout and what I need to do to put more size on if I
    want to, human body is a crazy thing. You learn your body and your body learns from your lifestyle, you also learn about AAS and how YOUR body reacts to different compounds and dosages.
    DinAZ and Cornish like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    First of all, everybody's definition of "success from AS" will vary.

But I don't think it's one particular vector. But rather everything. Your natural ability and genetic max plays a role. How well your body responds to gear. How much rest you can get. What your diet consists of and when you eat. How you train, etc.

Even if your body responds well to gear. You'll get better results by training hard and in a way that it better helps achieve your goal. Same with rest and nutrition.
    I don t think it s a mattef of genetics.

Genetics play certainly a role but we can not only rely on genetics... every body react to AS... genetics play only a role in the last %.

Anyway I never made a cycle so it s just a guess...

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

Genetics play certainly a role but we can not only rely on genetics... every body react to AS... genetics play only a role in the last %.

I disagree wholeheartedly…I think genetics can’t be understated.

My beliefs anyways…
    DinAZ, Honkey_Kong, Cuz and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly…I think genetics can’t be understated.

My beliefs anyways…
    Definitely. I could take bigger cycles than Arnold for a decade straight and I still wouldn’t have a chest like his.

Blog Entries
    According to my calculations I should be dead with at least one organ failure by now
    Cornish and XnavyHMCS like this.

Genetics play a huge role. Some people are naturally gifted as far as lean muscle is concerned before they even touch gear. Some people have rounder muscle bellies than others. Some naturally put on strength better. We all have our own natural limitations.

Then you the people who are hyper responders to gear. And you have the hypo responders who have to take massive doses to get the same effects as the hyper responders at a lower dose. And then they have to deal with sides.

Most people's genetics land them somewhere in the middle of each group though. And that shouldn't discourage anyone. Most of us will never have a body that will land us at The Olympia, but it doesn't mean we can take what we have and make the most of it.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Even bone density and bone thickness that add to the illusion of bigger muscles plays a difference.

Think of the opposite and the “fat gene”, it’s the same principles.

I can eat bread and butter all day every day and not gain weight, have a best friend that says the word “biscuits” and puts on 10# of fat
    Honkey_Kong and Booz like this.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Genetics 100%

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    Definitely. I could take bigger cycles than Arnold for a decade straight and I still wouldn’t have a chest like his.
    Maybe not like him but a real and strong chest like jay cutler or kevin levrone or someone else...

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Its genetics plain and simple. End of story.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Its genetics plain and simple. End of story.

Pretty darn much

I’ve personally known guys that are bigger & way stronger than I am - natural af

While I’m over here trying to play catch up

Or - u got guys who will never even look like me, killing themselves tryin to catch up to me
    DinAZ and Cornish like this.

Maybe not like him but a real and strong chest like jay cutler or kevin levrone or someone else...
    Dude, Jay Cutler is a genetic freak. The only way you're going to get a chest like his is if you use a shitload of gear and have his genetics (and train and eat as hard as he does).
    DinAZ and SampsonandDelilah like this.

TechnoTriceps is offline New Member
    Genetics plays a huge role but there's also a bit of trial and error when it comes to diet/training/compounds. There's no one size fits all, one guy says this worked for him while another guy says something else gave him the best results. Spending time learning how your body responds to training/diet/various compounds will help you figure out what works best for your genetics. Some people respond better to certain compounds while another person doesn't see nearly the same results with the same doses. The top bodybuilders aren't always taking the most gear, their genetics allow them to hyper-respond to amount of gear they are taking. I guess the good news is gene editing technology is advancing rapidly and perhaps in the next 5 to 10 years we'll all be able to edit our genes to make us mass monsters.
    DinAZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoTriceps View Post
    Genetics plays a huge role but there's also a bit of trial and error when it comes to diet/training/compounds. There's no one size fits all, one guy says this worked for him while another guy says something else gave him the best results. Spending time learning how your body responds to training/diet/various compounds will help you figure out what works best for your genetics. Some people respond better to certain compounds while another person doesn't see nearly the same results with the same doses. The top bodybuilders aren't always taking the most gear, their genetics allow them to hyper-respond to amount of gear they are taking. I guess the good news is gene editing technology is advancing rapidly and perhaps in the next 5 to 10 years we'll all be able to edit our genes to make us mass monsters.

Agree with trial and error, but if you are born with narrow shoulders, an ectomorph frame, a fast metabolism and thin bone structure, I don’t give a shit how much trial and error you do, how many incline flies and how many gallons of test, Deca , and tren you shoot into your ass…you’re not going to be a “mass monster” or have Arnold’s chest

Conversely, the “country strong” farm kid (we all know the one) that looks like a grown man in high school, fills out naturally and then trials and errors with compounds, food and technique will have an absolutely different result and probably won’t need nearly as much work.

Some people are just born with it…hence genetics and the answer of this thread. We all have our definition of what “success” is. But side by side, all things being the same. Diet, exercises, compounds, the unique modifier that is the true difference maker is who your parents are.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys really think having thick bones helps with bodybuilding? Almost every bodybuilding podcast or interview I've watched talks about "small joints" being so important in bodybuilding (at least for pros). Flex Wheeler is one of the best examples. It leads to a very 3d look, because the same muscle on smaller bones looks more impressive than on larger ones. Now if we're talking about bone structure, then I agree that a larger bone structure is better (well, small hips and wide shoulders).
    DinAZ and Honkey_Kong like this.

What is required to achieve success with AS

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    You guys really think having thick bones helps with bodybuilding? Almost every bodybuilding podcast or interview I've watched talks about "small joints" being so important in bodybuilding (at least for pros). Flex Wheeler is one of the best examples. It leads to a very 3d look, because the same muscle on smaller bones looks more impressive than on larger ones. Now if we're talking about bone structure, then I agree that a larger bone structure is better (well, small hips and wide shoulders).
    Great point… I have heard many people talk about how having a thin waist can help the V look and make a taper look better. But we aren’t talking about Napoleon dynamite thin so there definitely is a genetic balance.

I’d say thickness helps to put on mass and is best for a pure strength perspective, but being thin genetically in some places is definitely an advantage as far as aesthetic physique. I think many of us appreciate the classic physique look as much or more than modern body builder look.
    Last edited by DinAZ; 09-08-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Bone structure is probably the better nomenclature but actually thick done density can give the appearance of larger muscles by pushing the musculature close to the skin and adding to the illusion of “bigger muscles”.

There is absolutely a bone to muscle ratio that is directly tied to genetics.

Primal Barbarian had a great article on a year or two ago, basically saying that having larger bones will obviously help you put on more mass which is critical. So whether you call it bone structure, bone density or bone size, it’s absolutely important to your muscles and again a direct result of your genetics.

Don’t get wrapped around the axle of the finite details. OP understated the role of genetics and clearly you can’t overstate them
    DinAZ likes this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fto2a1...ature=youtu.be

Go to 2:10 and then STFU and listen for the magic word
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Dude, Jay Cutler is a genetic freak. The only way you're going to get a chest like his is if you use a shitload of gear and have his genetics (and train and eat as hard as he does).
    He must be talking about Jay Cutler, former Chicago Bears quarterback, and not the bodybuilder.

Kiki is offline Associate Member

You’re definitely underestimating genetics!

Kiki is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Agree with trial and error, but if you are born with narrow shoulders, an ectomorph frame, a fast metabolism and thin bone structure, I don’t give a shit how much trial and error you do, how many incline flies and how many gallons of test, Deca , and tren you shoot into your ass…you’re not going to be a “mass monster” or have Arnold’s chest

Conversely, the “country strong” farm kid (we all know the one) that looks like a grown man in high school, fills out naturally and then trials and errors with compounds, food and technique will have an absolutely different result and probably won’t need nearly as much work.

Some people are just born with it…hence genetics and the answer of this thread. We all have our definition of what “success” is. But side by side, all things being the same. Diet, exercises, compounds, the unique modifier that is the true difference maker is who your parents are.
    I think your view on ectomorphs is off. Thinner bones are a bonus some people recognize.

You do know the skeletal system can grow and strengthen with training right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    You’re definitely underestimating genetics!
    We ll see.

I have the crappiest genetic that someone could have.

I am a super endemorph and I went from 34% BF to 24% and then to 18%.

In 4 month I will start my first cycle and we will see if genetics are the main point to a super body.

We ll see.

In 4 month I will start my first cycle and we will see if genetics are the main point to a super body.
    Cool story bro and good luck with your super body, I wish you nothing but success

Cool story bro and good luck with your super body, I wish you nothing but success
    Thank you.

I am eager to see if genetics is so important.

This is not only a goal to achieve but also a scientific experiment.

See you in 4 or 6 months. ( I will try to reach my maximum natty potential without anabos).

Yours always positive brother, appreciate that about you, DinAz

Best of luck TML
    DinAZ likes this.

balin is offline Junior Member
    Consistency seems most important

We ll see.

Maybe you don't have the crappiest genetics? Maybe you weren't using the best diet for your body? Maybe the kind of training you respond to is different than what you've been doing? Experiment with things and then tell us if you have crappy genetics or not.

Maybe you don't have the crappiest genetics? Maybe you weren't using the best diet for your body? Maybe the kind of training you respond to is different than what you've been doing? Experiment with things and then tell us if you have crappy genetics or not.
    Currently at 15%

Only proper diet, cardio and heavy workout.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Genetics plays a role ofcourse but i think we have to take into consideration what someones goal is. I bet most people dont want to look like mr olympia mass monster etc. They just want to have a muscular physique. Im no expert on gear but I think anyone can get jacked, ripped, muscular, strong physique and so on with a good diet, hard training and intelligently planned steroid cycles. Ofcoure if you look at the muscle magazines and IFBB pro-s and physiques like that, then genetics come into play yeah. BUt some people might argue that physiques like that are abit freakish.. no offence to anyone.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    My point of view is that first; that William Sheldon invented this somatotype theory that everyone follows as a belief! It's all about eating, training hard, resting and taking your AAS as you age. I say a physique isn't built in 6 months or 1 year, it's long term! In my point of view saying that you don't have genetics is a waste of time, eat double if you have a high basal metabolism rate! Never point your finger at the skinny guy in high school, because tomorrow he may have the aesthetics of a Greek God, thin waist, broad shoulders, and giant arms...History has shown us many guys like that.

Blog Entries
    A key factor that I highly consider is being resistant to the side effects of AAS....If you are resistant to the negative sides of AAs, that means you also have resistance to dying from early use.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    But there are so many different AAS-ses... is it possible you respond badly to lets say 10 substances but 11th you respond so well to that you blow up like a ballon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    But there are so many different AAS-ses... is it possible you respond badly to lets say 10 substances but 11th you respond so well to that you blow up like a ballon
    It's impossible for a guy not to change his physique for the better, consuming calories above his TDEE using AAS! rs...And if the guy wants to do something extreme, just eat 5k to 6k calories a day, not caring about the accumulation of body fat.

You can be sure the skinny motherfucker will grow on testosterone alone! lol... And if we are going to put other AAS he will become a demon, freak and will shut up many who underestimated his genetics... The cake recipe is simple, more food than AAS! lol The amount of food has to be doubled during the day! lol... Many don't even track their daily calories vs daily macros and blame AAS! What I learned from my own experience. Food is the best steroid there is! lol Without nutrition, diet has no purpose in bodybuilding lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information