Thread: Bicep Injury

BigHairyMonster is offline New Member

Bicep Injury

This isn't really directly related to this forum, except that I figure this would be the best place to find other heavy lifters who have probably suffered injuries. I think I tore my bicep. About a two months ago, maybe even a little more. I was doing heavy curls and pow, it just started hurting really bad. Well I laid off doing biceps all together, but I kept doing heavy back, with things like heavy bentover barbell rows and such. Well, of course, it just kept hurting and I just worked through it. After awhile, I was like, well this is never going to heal like this, so I quit doing back too, although I could still feel it twinge when I did some chest work etc....as well ad just slightly flexing or picking up pretty much anything with that arm. Anway, it still didn't seem like it was getting better after a couple of weeks, so I took 2 weeks straight off from the gym, doing nothing, then I worked out for a week, not doing any biceps and only doing stuff like deadlifts and shrugs for back. Then I had to leave for a week long trip and didn't have a chance to work out and then I got a damn cold that knocked me out for a week. So, anyway, it started to feel better....and then I helped a buddy move yesterday....of course I get handed all the heavy stuff, and last night my bicep started hurting again, fairly bad. And it still hurts today. I have no plans on skipping out on the gym, in fact I'm fed up, and planning on starting back on a full back work out again this week. I'm a meat head and I'm stubborn...what do you expect.... I almost never go to doctors, and I'm not sure they would do anything anyway, except to say lay off of it.....any thoughts, similar experiances, suggestions etc... and "lay off it stupid" is not a real suggestion!!

Big Hairy Monster in the House

BDTR is offline Retired
    This isn't really a "suggestion" it's more of what you NEED to do. You HAVE to go to the doctors for a torn bicep, the surgery is simple and you're wasting training time by trying to work around it. Hit up the doctors and prevent yourself from injuring yourself further. I'm the biggest stubborn meathead in the world, I just healed my own injection abcess by draining it/flushing it with BA and anti biotics, but if i tear a muscle, I go to the doctors.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    This isn't really a "suggestion" it's more of what you NEED to do. You HAVE to go to the doctors for a torn bicep, the surgery is simple and you're wasting training time by trying to work around it. Hit up the doctors and prevent yourself from injuring yourself further. I'm the biggest stubborn meathead in the world, I just healed my own injection abcess by draining it/flushing it with BA and anti biotics, but if i tear a muscle, I go to the doctors.
    Sound advice bdtr....... don't put it off any longer go to the doctors and see what's wrong.

Thread Information