Thread: realistic?

keanubelgium is offline New Member

realistic?

Hi

I nearly finished an 8 week bulking cycle (test/eq/dbol )...went from 160 to 185 lbs (bf is now 14%)...after the bulkng I will do immediatly a cutting cycle. I shall begin week 9 with testprop/tren /eq/winstrol . I will gradually decrease my cals (Now i having 5000 cals) keeping my proteins the same (400 gr) en decreasing slowly my carbs (say about 300-500 gr a week)
    I will start some cardio and use xenadrine
    Is it realistic -on a 6 week cutting cycle like this after bulking- to go down till 10 %

Thx guys

BDTR is offline Retired
    In 6 weeks.... probably not but it's possible. Also I wouldn't bulk/cut back to back. I'd try and recover from bulking first, maintain calories and intensity then when you're fully recovered hit up a cutting cycle.
    Last edited by bdtr; 07-28-2003 at 12:12 PM.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree completely with bdtr on this one. Going from bulking to cutting in essentially one cycle is not nearly as beneficial as recovering and maintaining from a bulking cycle before trying to cut.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    I agree completely with bdtr on this one. Going from bulking to cutting in essentially one cycle is not nearly as beneficial as recovering and maintaining from a bulking cycle before trying to cut.
    Rickson (and others as well), I'd be extremely interested in hearing a little bit more as to why you hold that particular opinion. If you've read my journal and/or many of my posts in this forum, you'll know that I've come to (purely through research...not yet in the way of personal experience) believe that leaning at the end of a bulking phase is an efficient way to to maintain gains. It's more than a little possible I'm quite off in this regard, but I'd like to know a bit more as to why that is the case (not to hijack...but).

BDTR is offline Retired
    The reason I don't advise an immediate switch in diet/cycle into a cutting program is this:

When you're bulking you're taking in a large quanity of calories, which are completely essential for your body to add the mass that you're trying to achieve. Now when you run a straight up bulking cycle, follow post cycle therapy correctly and maintain your diet so that you're still getting in enough calories, you're going to preserve most of your gains. Now when you switch from bulking to cutting during the same cycle, you're also going to drop calories, with the decrease in calories, your size is going to drop as well, some will be fat, but some will also be muscle. When you come off, your calories will still be lower and you will not retain nearly as much muscle mass as you would if you just ran a straight bulker and kept feeding your body the food it needs to grow. This is especially important during post cycle therapy when your diet can totally make or break your entire cycles gains. IMO you're short changing yourself by running them back to back.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    hmmm ! i just finished my bulking cycle 3 weeks ago and went right to a prop/winny/t3/clen cutter ! so far my fat has decreased and i have added tons of strength (for some reason) and lost fat. however, i agree with bdtr on one thing. if u decrease ur cals too fast u will lose muscle. however i did not really experince muscle loss for 1 reason

i run prop at 100 mg/ed and winny at 100mg/ed + keep protein at 300 g. by doing this u will not lose much muscle, even at a high t3 dosage. the only prob is if u run a cutting cycle that is 6 weeks in duration right after ur bulker u should use hcg to bring ur balls back somewhere around the 3 week mark. and also ur gonna have a wicked estrogen kickback after ur cutter is done so the use of novaldex in conjunction with the clomid is a neccessity. i am also going to throw in .5 mg arimidex ed to keep the aromatization low and i plan on using 10 - 20 iu of slin/ed to help preserve LBM while the cortisol is high . i hope this gives u some insight !

whatever u do, do not drop cals too fast ! keep protein high !

Thread Information