Dima is offline New Member

Nolva vs. Proviron...what's the difference?

i've alrealdy used the search button but i find difficult understanding the difference (if any) between these two products.

and, please could someone answer these other questions?
    i was told that proviron gives your muscles hardness if used during a treatment, is it true?
    Is it useful (or, on the contrary, should it be avoided ) to continue using proviron after a cycle (of course with the correct clomid therapy and with clenbuterol )? if so how long should proviron be continued for?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Proviron is a estrogen antagonist which prevents the aromatization of test into estrogen.

Nolva keeps estrogen from binding to the receptor site.

Personally I think you need some estrogen to grow so I would use Nolva through a cycle but if I had gyno before I would then used a estrogen antagonist like proviron.

Yes it is know that Proviron will make you harder.

I would run the Proviron durring your cycle and not post cycle. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Proviron is a estrogen antagonist which prevents the aromatization of test into estrogen.

Nolva keeps estrogen from binding to the receptor site.

Personally I think you need some estrogen to grow so I would use Nolva through a cycle but if I had gyno before I would then used a estrogen antagonist like proviron.

Yes it is know that Proviron will make you harder.
    Thanks a lot!

another question: do nolva or proviron affect gains? in other words if you hadn't gyno before would you still use these products?

I would run the Proviron durring your cycle and not post cycle. JMO
    i asked about using proviron along with clomid as recovery from a cycle because of this proviron's description by bill roberts:
    "Proviron, an anabolic steroid , is particularly interesting. I suspect that it not only acts as an antiaromatase but in an unknown DHT-like anti-estrogenic manner. This might involve estrogen receptor downregulation for example. In any case, aromatase inhibition and/or Clomid don’t seem to give the same effect on appearance and muscle hardness as when Proviron is included."...as clomid is used after a cycle i thought that bill roberts suggested to use clomid along with proviron

MR.BICEPS is offline Junior Member
    I would also like too know if nolva hinders ones gains?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Dima - I never used Proviron during a cycle or PCT. I use nolva durring the cycle and PCT. If your looking for muscle hardnes I would run winny for the last 6 weeks of your cycle up to PCT. This will give you the best results if your diet is in check.
    What does your cycle look like?

MR.BICEPS - No nolva will NOT hinder your gains. The weight you will not gain by using nolva would be water anyway.

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    Proviron should actually help to increase gains, since it is a DHT derivative, and lowers blood levels of SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) allowing test to bind to receptors rather than SHBG.

There is a study showing that about 85 of 260 men used high doses of proviron for a year and recieved slight HPTA (hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis) supression. The rest of the men did not recieve HPTA supression, even while running it for a year.

One could surmise from these results that it could be a good device for hardenning post cycle, lowering SHBG to help prevent catabolism post cycle, and slightly lowering estrogen to promote LH (luteinizing hormone) production.

Dima - I never used Proviron during a cycle or PCT. I use nolva durring the cycle and PCT. If your looking for muscle hardnes I would run winny for the last 6 weeks of your cycle up to PCT. This will give you the best results if your diet is in check.
    What does your cycle look like?
    my cycle was 9 week long:
    week 1 and 2: 500mg test( 2*250 mg shots) and 500mg deca (a total of 5*200mg of deca in 2 weeks)
    week 3 to week 7: 500mg test (2*250 mg shots) and 250 mg winnny (5 shots per week)
    week 8 and 9:1 winny EOD (week 9 starting clen )
    i'm actually in week 9 (very satisifed with results)...i was thinking about adding 50mg of proviron ED till the end of clomid therapy (clomid starting the day after last shot of winny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_banana-eater
    Proviron should actually help to increase gains, since it is a DHT derivative, and lowers blood levels of SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) allowing test to bind to receptors rather than SHBG.

There is a study showing that about 85 of 260 men used high doses of proviron for a year and recieved slight HPTA (hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis) supression. The rest of the men did not recieve HPTA supression, even while running it for a year.

One could surmise from these results that it could be a good device for hardenning post cycle, lowering SHBG to help prevent catabolism post cycle, and slightly lowering estrogen to promote LH (luteinizing hormone) production.
    so taking proviron during clomid tharapy could be a good idea? or at least it doesn't interfere with normal recovery (and, in any case it isn't harmful)....in other words something i could try, right?

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking Proviron through out my cycle up to the day BEFORE clomid. I love Proviron for its Estro blocking...I was always taught that Proviron enhances foreign test assimilation, and actually lowers it when youre not getting the outside source.....make any sense?

I'm tired...

D

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    it definitly makes you harder!

bump!

anyone else?

Thread Information