Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: “Good” TrT MD

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

“Good” TrT MD

Seriously, how do I find one? My PCP lady is just fine for everything really. But, now since I’m officially on trt, I’d like a “real” dose - she has me on 200mg of Cyp every other week

It comes in a one ML vial that costs about 17 Bucks. I’m breaking them up into 100mg weekly - I just want one a week < is that too much to ask for?

I’ve talking to all the old guys at the gyms and they’re all on UGL shit - wtf
    Cylon357 and Family_guy like this.

teedoff is offline Member
    Can you find any hormone clinics near you? They seem to be popping up everywhere now. Just not sure all are created equal. Mine has a certified PA that owns it. He started me on 175mg/week and was fine with my test being 1200 as long as I didnt have any side affects, which I did wind up with gyno. So now I'm doing 100mg weekly, but he left my original script at 175 so I could play around my dose as needed.

I'm not sure, but he may accept virtual patients.

And 17 bucks a vial is crazy! I've yet to even use insurance to cover mine, but 10 1ml vials the last few times have been like 40 bucks.
    Last edited by teedoff; 01-20-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Seriously, how do I find one? My PCP lady is just fine for everything really. But, now since I’m officially on trt, I’d like a “real” dose - she has me on 200mg of Cyp every other week

It comes in a one ML vial that costs about 17 Bucks. I’m breaking them up into 100mg weekly - I just want one a week < is that too much to ask for?

I’ve talking to all the old guys at the gyms and they’re all on UGL shit - wtf
    That's likely because they are tired of dealing with conservative PCPs and or paying 200 bucks a month to a clinic that will start them on 200mg per week.

Honestly, I think most family docs are going to balk at much more than 100 to 125 a week. You know some of the dumbasses / trolls we deal with here? Imagine your license, not to mention patient health, being in jeopardy dealing with people like that on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    That's likely because they are tired of dealing with conservative PCPs and or paying 200 bucks a month to a clinic that will start them on 200mg per week.

Honestly, I think most family docs are going to balk at much more than 100 to 125 a week. You know some of the dumbasses / trolls we deal with here? Imagine your license, not to mention patient health, being in jeopardy dealing with people like that on a daily basis.
    They are fine with your test levels being at the very bottom of the acceptable range, if you get towards the high end of the spectrum, they will shut you off quick. Thats what my experience has been. Even after I told my PCP I felt better with my test being 900, she didn't want me to stay on my dose at that time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Can you find any hormone clinics near you? They seem to be popping up everywhere now. Just not sure all are created equal. Mine has a certified PA that owns it. He started me on 175mg/week and was fine with my test being 1200 as long as I didnt have any side affects, which I did wind up with gyno. So now I'm doing 100mg weekly, but he left my original script at 175 so I could play around my dose as needed.

I'm not sure, but he may accept virtual patients.

And 17 bucks a vial is crazy! I've yet to even use insurance to cover mine, but 10 1ml vials the last few times have been like 40 bucks.

Oh, I can - but, I don’t wanna pay anything than for my test. My insurance won’t cover a trt clinic

And you’re getting one ml for around 4 bucks each?

Oh, I can - but, I don’t wanna pay anything than for my test. My insurance won’t cover a trt clinic

I get 10 1ml vials for about 40 bucks I think it's been the last few times. Depends on if Harris teeter has coupons or maybe they use good rx.

If it starts going up, I'll start having them file it on my insurance. The gel I was on was 10 bucks for a 30 day supply, but my pcp had me doing half doses so those cans lasted me 2 months.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Talk to her and see if she'll nudge you up. Mine recently bumped me up to 200mg/week. Now when it's time for her to pull labs, I make sure my total T is in the 650-800 ng/dL range.

Edit: Explain to her that when you start getting close to your trough day, you feel like you're running out of energy.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-20-2023 at 07:24 PM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I get 10 1ml vials for about 40 bucks I think it's been the last few times. Depends on if Harris teeter has coupons or maybe they use good rx.

If it starts going up, I'll start having them file it on my insurance. The gel I was on was 10 bucks for a 30 day supply, but my pcp had me doing half doses so those cans lasted me 2 months.
    $4 is a really good price. GoodRx is about $9/1ml vial (in my area), but it's cheaper for me to use my insurance most of the time.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-20-2023 at 07:33 PM.
    teedoff likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Talk to her and see if she'll nudge you up. Mine recently bumped me up to 200mg/week. Now when it's time for her to pull labs, I make sure my total T is in the 650-800 ng/dL range.

Edit: Explain to her that when you start getting close to your trough day, you feel like you're running out of energy.
    Tried - she said no. She’s this older Chinese lady, I was surprised she put me on it.

I did look that up on goodRx - if I do 10 at a time, it’s 50 bucks. . . I’ll whine to her next time I go in.

Shit, UGL is just so much cheaper & there really is no difference
    956Vette likes this.

Tried - she said no. She’s this older Chinese lady, I was surprised she put me on it.

I did look that up on goodRx - if I do 10 at a time, it’s 50 bucks. . . I’ll whine to her next time I go in.

Find another Dr. After my pcp was a stickler about my dosage, I went to a eurologist for a check up. He increased my gel dose to double because my test level was in the low end of range. He's also the one that initially suggested switching to injections or even the cream.

Then I found my trt clinic and that's when I went on injections. Not all Dr's or PAs are the same.

This site really needs some work. Lol

Edit for duplicate post.

Interesting. Happen to be on Amazon pharmacy. They sell generic test c 10mil vials for 43 bucks. They also offer 3 10mil vials for 87! Thats the price before insurance. Lol

I didnt think you could get a prescription for any aas that long. I have to get mine refilled every 10 weeks.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Interesting. Happen to be on Amazon pharmacy. They sell generic test c 10mil vials for 43 bucks. They also offer 3 10mil vials for 87! Thats the price before insurance. Lol

I didnt think you could get a prescription for any aas that long. I have to get mine refilled every 10 weeks.
    Look at Costco as well. I was checking their prices and was like damn, some of this is cheaper than insurance.

BTW, chances are pretty good Amazon (and Costco) offer those prices with the assumption you will NOT be using insurance. If you do, if you even can with Amazon, you will almost certainly get your insurance company's negotiated rate, which might be more than the "cash price".

Blog Entries
    Look at Costco as well. I was checking their prices and was like damn, some of this is cheaper than insurance.

BTW, chances are pretty good Amazon (and Costco) offer those prices with the assumption you will NOT be using insurance. If you do, if you even can with Amazon, you will almost certainly get your insurance company's negotiated rate, which might be more than the "cash price".
    Dang it, meant to add, for some drugs, take a look at Mark Cuban's new online pharmacy. I think it is costplus or something like that. I take advair and that is the least expensive site I have found. I don't think they have a huge selection yet, but is worth a look.

Amazon does take insurance. Maybe not all providers...not sure. But you'd have to have your Dr transfer your prescription to Amazon BEFORE you could even see the cost after insurance is applied.

Yeah, IF I could get 3 vials at a time, 87 bucks is cheap and I wouldn't even worry about using insurance.

I'll check out Costco and the Cuban one too. My trt dr was the one that told me how cheap harris teeter was. So that's who I've been using.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wtf - Walmart pharmacy is ripping me off worse than a shit coke dealer. It’s 40 & some change for 2 1ml vials this month < seriously this is lame

I did it on GoodRx & it shows 10 bucks a 1ml vial - I refuse to pay more than 100 Bucks for a 10ml’s
    Family_guy likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wtf - Walmart pharmacy is ripping me off worse than a shit coke dealer. It’s 40 & some change for 2 1ml vials this month < seriously this is lame

I did it on GoodRx & it shows 10 bucks a 1ml vial - I refuse to pay more than 100 Bucks for a 10ml’s
    Goodrx seems to be hit or miss for me. Like their site or app will say a place takes it, but you get there and they are like no, we don't take it.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Yeah, but most of those are Kimbo under fake names. He doesn't even regularly take his psych meds. He's not going to see his doc about gear.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET

Im getting 3 for $10 with my insurance
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

Blog Entries
    Goodrx seems to be hit or miss for me. Like their site or app will say a place takes it, but you get there and they are like no, we don't take it.
    The wife just got hit with that one again - GoodRx says 19.xx - Walmart says 44 for 2 1ml vials < fuck that. . . They said to try CVS, this is BS. I just checked amazon, it's 4 1ml vials for 80 Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Im getting 3 for $10 with my insurance

You wanna add me as a dependent? Ha ha
    Cylon357 likes this.

Always be careful if your pharmacy is out of testosterone and they transfer your script to another pharmacy. If if stays in the same brand usually things go decent, if you have to switch from say CVS to Walgreens or vice versa, they will " lose" some/ all of your refills. Even if you have the label showing you have refills.

Speaking from experience on that one.

So seems a bit confusing all these different prices and amounts. I'm still seeing this option.

3 10mil vials for 87. What am I missing? This a bad brand or off brand or something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20230121_185147.jpg  

Blog Entries
    So seems a bit confusing all these different prices and amounts. I'm still seeing this option.

3 10mil vials for 87. What am I missing? This a bad brand or off brand or something?
    I would assume that is Amazon's buying power at work.
    teedoff and wellshii like this.

Blog Entries

I see it now, for Prime Members - but, how am I gonna get an rX for 30ml of juice?

I'm gonna call my PCP & whine like always - cause the MA there was saying one of the main pharmacies was the cheapest way to go. . . But, I just had all of my scripts sent to my usual Walmart pharmacy
    teedoff likes this.

No, just a generic substitute for Depo-test.

I would assume that is Amazon's buying power at work.
    You know Amazon well. They'll infiltrate every market that they believe they can make a profit on.
    Cylon357 and < <Samson> > like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    You know Amazon well. They'll infiltrate every market that they believe they can make a profit on.

I wouldn't be surprised if a compounding pharmacy bought a ton of this crap & just resell it as a generic
    almostgone and Family_guy like this.

wellshii is offline Member
    This is why TRT clinics are so popular. The hassle of finding a doctor who isnt an idiot.
    The copays,insurance premiums etc etc.
    You can google trt friendly doctors
    And ask or contact one of the clinics that charge 100 a month for trt.
    Me personally i dont have insurance anyways so I just go through a clinic.
    Family_guy likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Trt doctor costs me a 100 dollars a year out of pocket. 50 a visit. Literally 30 mins in and out
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

Fresh2death is offline Junior Member
    My old provider started me on 100mg once every other week!!! I finally convinced him to go to 200 every other week before I looked elsewhere ��

Trt doctor costs me a 100 dollars a year out of pocket. 50 a visit. Literally 30 mins in and out
    I think my initial visit and consult to my trt clinic was 150. Then when I have labs done, I just pay 50 for the blood work test. He hasn't charged me for going over my results. Every 10 weeks I call or message him for my refill.

Blog Entries
    I think my initial visit and consult to my trt clinic was 150. Then when I have labs done, I just pay 50 for the blood work test. He hasn't charged me for going over my results. Every 10 weeks I call or message him for my refill.
    Dammit gents, don't be bogarting the good docs lol! Share them jokers!

Dammit gents, don't be bogarting the good docs lol! Share them jokers!
    lol I sent mine a text message and asked if they took on virtual patients. Never know! Not sure how that would work....get your own labs done, send to him and he consults with you to come up with a hormone regimen. I think there are online sites that basically do that very thing though.
    Cylon357 likes this.

lol I sent mine a text message and asked if they took on virtual patients. Never know! Not sure how that would work....get your own labs done, send to him and he consults with you to come up with a hormone regimen. I think there are online sites that basically do that very thing though.
    Very very interested

So, heard back from my trt guy. They DO take virtual clients. The caveat is they only have an account with labcorp for blood work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot_20230123_094652_chrome.jpg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

So not sure if labcorp is an option for everyone, but if interested I'd be happy to share the clinic name and contact info.

Phil is a great guy and seems very knowledgeable. He seems to know quite a bit about peptides as well.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    So not sure if labcorp is an option for everyone, but if interested I'd be happy to share the clinic name and contact info.

Phil is a great guy and seems very knowledgeable. He seems to know quite a bit about peptides as well.
    I hate the labcorps in my area, but in fairness, I haven't tried them all lol! But yeah, please do share, you can DM if you prefer.

I hate the labcorps in my area, but in fairness, I haven't tried them all lol! But yeah, please do share, you can DM if you prefer.
    What he said. I've actually had decent luck with my local LabCorp, and have results from a few months ago if still valid.

Blog Entries
    Shit, I forgot LabCorp existed. Every MD I’ve used + the BW I pulled myself has been through SonoraQuest

I’m getting my rX transferred to CVS to see f I can score some test for 8 Bucks an ML < still, what a deal after doing the math I don’t really care, I’ll just keep an active test script & use UGL - I still use UGL deca . HG at this point is just a waste of $

Blog Entries
    Got a new "dealer" for my test yo

CVS is got it on the low for 8.15 for some generic ass looking Cyp

Tried to sell me spikes too, but I told em I'd pass at a Buck each
    Cylon357 likes this.

Got a new "dealer" for my test yo

CVS is got it on the low for 8.15 for some generic ass looking Cyp

Tried to sell me spikes too, but I told em I'd pass at a Buck each
    CVS usually has the generics. Actavis, Westward, etc. It works, they just look "plain Jane". Every once in a blue moon I've gotten Prizer, but it isn't often.
    < <Samson> > and Cuz like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information