RayL is offline Associate Member

Security Clearance

Does anyone know if DoD tests for steroids when someone is being investigated for a security clearance?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i can find out

Quote Originally Posted by RayL
    Does anyone know if DoD tests for steroids when someone is being investigated for a security clearance?
    my father has security clearance because of his job so i could ask him about what they test for.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    No blood test at all for me . . .
    They did read me my Miranda Rights, though, when they asked me questions about being gay. I instinctively clammed up as soon as they said, "Anything you say can be used against you in a court of law" 'cause at the time (1984) I could have lost my job plus been arrested for confessing to doing anything . . . geez, they wanted me to name names, and asked me crazy questions like "what do you like to do in bed?"
    Come to think of it, they didn't even give me a physical. Most likely all they'll do is check your personal history, check references, background of your relatives, credit history, etc etc.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I just had a very extensive one for my job (work in a lab at one of the top drug companies in the world which requires very high security ) and they did no blood. Took about 2-3wks worth of background check and so forth.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    They did all that for a SECRET clearance? Sounds pretty strange. TS is the only one they do major anything on. Secret really isn't that difficult at all to gain, if they test for anything it will be for rec. drugs.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Most IT jobs require a security check> I think it's the NST.
    All they're doing is making sure your not a terroist, and or your not being investigated by the FBI or any other agency.
    If they give u a drug test it'll be your regular 8 screen test...

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    Secret Clearance here!

Recreational Drug piss test, no blood work!
    Finger Print, background check!

twosocks40 is offline Member
    No steroid test. I didn't even get a piss test. Even if they piss test you it won't be for steriods . Don't worry.

-B

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I'm confused, what are these "security tests" you talk about? What are they for? Special jobs and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    I'm confused, what are these "security tests" you talk about? What are they for? Special jobs and such?
    I am talking about getting a security clearance for the Department of Defense. You know, access to classified information...Classified, Secret, Top Secret. I will only be getting a Secret clearance for now.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Don't sweat bro. They give secret clearances out to just about anybody these days. I work with some shitbags that I can't believe are allowed in the building much less access to secret material. They basically hand those out. TS is a different story though, a little more thorough but still no test for AS. Good luck.

-B

What "secret" info are you guys after? I mean, if it is REALLY secret gov. related, why the hell would they just give it out to just about anybody? What good is this info? How much can you find out? Is this thing allowed in Canada? What different kinds of info would you get access to?

Buschlightcan is offline Associate Member
    This could possibly be the most confusing thread ever. I have no ideah what you guys are talking about.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    The security clearance I needed was to be able to access buildings with drugs that are like bio-warfare, like anthrax and stuff like that. Not to be produced nessicarilty but they do make some for testing purposes, but to be tested on and anti-agents to be developed. There are also very top secret drugs being worked on, not for war, but like AIDS, cancers, defficienciese etc.

Alot of the security check was a background check making sure I wasnt affiliated with any terroist groups, espionage, travelling to certain countries, and affiliation with animal rights groups..etc, etc.

I imagine that the DOD clearnace is different than what I had, as mine wasnt govt' issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    What "secret" info are you guys after? I mean, if it is REALLY secret gov. related, why the hell would they just give it out to just about anybody? What good is this info? How much can you find out? Is this thing allowed in Canada? What different kinds of info would you get access to?

I'm not after anything. It is for a job.

I'm not after anything. It is for a job.

Oh okay, I thought this was one of those whole underground CIA AREA 51 things

joey ballz is offline New Member
    no bro, DOD test consist of only recreational drugs....it's too expensive for them to pay for blood work test for whoever is qualified.....

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    DOD -Department of Defence conducts a background check when you enter the Military depending on what job you will be doing. if you are working with anything that could be surrendered to the enemy you will need a security clearance. they do hand them out on a day to day basis. There are three levels of security clearance the higher the clearance the more investingating and background reasearch is made. A criminal conviction can result in a denied clearance. they also work off the "need to know basis" this means even if you have a security clearance and you work in a different department, you can be denied access to anything that requires a clearance if you do not have an active role in that specific mission that requires you to know that role of the mission.

So even if you have a security clearance the information in the Government DOD is not handed out freely!

Quote Originally Posted by 03733+$
    DOD -Department of Defence conducts a background check when you enter the Military depending on what job you will be doing. if you are working with anything that could be surrendered to the enemy you will need a security clearance. they do hand them out on a day to day basis. There are three levels of security clearance the higher the clearance the more investingating and background reasearch is made. A criminal conviction can result in a denied clearance. they also work off the "need to know basis" this means even if you have a security clearance and you work in a different department, you can be denied access to anything that requires a clearance if you do not have an active role in that specific mission that requires you to know that role of the mission.

So even if you have a security clearance the information in the Government DOD is not handed out freely!
    03733+$, Is your post meant for Terinox Please let's not turn this into a thread that has nothing to do with my question. I have a serious question and serious concerns. By the way, I am not entering the military. I did that thing years ago.

I just wanted to get the thread back on track and thank everyone who gave me input. I feel much better now.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to get the thread back on track and thank everyone who gave me input. I feel much better now.
    DoD doing what? If you're doing spook work, I had my TS for that, I got a wee wee test but didn't check for gear. That was several years ago. When I shifted commands I went to another, TS clearance site and piss but no gear. When I was to go to Camp David, no Gear check.
    Seals don't get checked for gear either, and they have TS's also. I did do a DoD job after Igot out and no Gear check. Most of the people I talked to about what they check for say it's only Coke/Pot and recreational drugs.

SID

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    Seals don't get checked for gear either, and they have TS's also.
    SID
    Yup! We only got tested for rec drugs. Many a friends were on some kind of gear.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

No

Quote Originally Posted by G Child
    They did all that for a SECRET clearance? Sounds pretty strange. TS is the only one they do major anything on. Secret really isn't that difficult at all to gain, if they test for anything it will be for rec. drugs.
    G child and Two Socks are on the money. I know from experience, (Lockheed Martin) Secret then special access TS, that they don't check for gear. Its true, getting a secret is really easy, they do a backround check, physical, drug screen, for Rec drugs only, and check your credit history. They go back five years. A TS is different. I got everyone and everybody I know checked everywhere I lived, they say ten years but they checked my whole life. They really get intense on everything. They do not, however, check for roids, just rec drugs and such. If you walk in huge they may ask you have you ever taken roids, on a TS, you better say no. If you have to go to a lie detector test. I promise they can't prove you are lying, but can note abnormalities during a question and the investigator will try to hammer you into telling the truth. Just stick with the story and say that question upset you for some reason and the worst thing you'll get is inconclusive. Bottom line, your worse off smoking pot than doing roids. Stay away from the Rec drugs and you'll be fine. Best of luck Bro.

Thread Information