• 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 3 Post By yeahbuddy289
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Should I come off trt? Maybe not for me

Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Should I come off trt? Maybe not for me

32 years old and been blasting and cruising for like 8 year now. Last few years I no longer blast but basically self trt at 150 mgs test cyp a week. Over those years only sides health related I have are high bp and high red blood count. Red blood count is always stays around 52 to 53% and hemocratic around 17 to 18. even with donating. My blood pressure is controlled now but I am prescribed Lisinopril and metoprolol. Was running around years with high bp and no meds.

Now 32 and starting a family my health is my number one priority. Been having episodes of svt. Have had it since I was 12 but feel like they are more frequent now so going to see a cardiologist and get and echo done. I feel like I am anxious and stressed 24/7 that I'm gonna drop dead of a heart attack or just not wake up one night. I know stress and anxiety can also play a big role on my bp and svt episodes. I guess I just never stressed about it when I was younger but now about to have a kid I want to make sure I'm going to be there. I am getting blood work done from a clinic for a script of trt. But do you guys think I did too much damage.

Should I just drop the test completely. I have not told my doc about my trt. Kind of waiting until I get a script to tell tell her. I tried coming off once and felt miserable before. Overall when I don't stress I feel great though. Just the thought of having a heart attack and me killing myself scares the hell out of me.

Just looking for some advice or healthier ways I can go about this. Thanks!

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you been taking HCG ? If you want to try and get off, I recommend getting on some HCG and staying on it for a couple of months after your last shot. I’m 6 months off trt now, and 4 months off HCG. It wasn’t terrible for me, but I was on HCG the whole time I was on, with a month off here and there.

Tbh I feel pretty good now. The main benefits I had from test was better recovery and a little more muscle.

Look at all the benefits of being off:
    - not pinning 4x a week
    - not having to donate
    - no more sleep apnea
    - can sleep a full 7-8 hours again (sleep was shit on trt)
    - mental health way better
    - no issues traveling
    - cardio way better
    - not constantly horny
    - no more occasional explosive anger
    - holding less water/look a little younger
    - can pee better
    - blood work is better
    - blood pressure is lower
    - less/no cramping in legs
    - hair stopped falling out and started coming back thicker

I probably forgot all the benefits that I have experienced coming off. Now, do I get a little nostalgic seeing a jacked up dude? Yeah, but I realize it’s pure ego at that point. But who are we doing this for? I’m not making money from gear, I don’t need to impress anyone. Gear brought me out of a dark time in my life, and I will probably go back at some point, but for now, I feel pretty damn good.
    XnavyHMCS and s1nc1ty like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    The whole point of TRT isn't to blast and cruise. It's because your body isn't making enough testosterone to enjoy a normal life. People in bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman circles don't want to admit that TRT isn't supposed to bridge the gaps between blasts or for them to get a little more mass/lift heavier weights. It's literally to treat the symptoms of low test.

But there is no free lunch and there are real negative side effects to using them. It does put strain on your cardiovascular system. Since you're not making test naturally, your lipid profile has changed (and not for the good). Testosterone is a very effective male contraceptive. The bloating, so on and so forth.

From what you're describing OP, sounds like you might also have an anxiety issue to deal with as well.

Point is it's not for everybody. I mean I didn't have all of the problems Test Monsterone has had on it, but I've had other problems he hasn't had. Some pretty fvuking serious problems.

TRT should be a decision you make ONLY with the advice and guidance of your physician. TRT should only be to treat symptoms of low testosterone and ONLY with the minimum dosage that alleviate them. It's not to get jacked. And I'm not necessarily accusing the OP or anyone of it. I'm just giving my opinion of it.

When you're 20, you're invincible. When you're 40, you have responsibilities. People depend on you. Not to mention, you want to live to see the people that matter to you grow up. You don't want your mother and father burying you because you had a middle-age heart attack or organ failure. Most of us on here are never going to make our living bodybuilding, we're never going to make our living playing sports. We are just gym rats. The muscle you put on from the gear or the extra weight you pushed is not worth your health or your life.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    You have kids?

Def agreed on the above, sounds like you have anxiety issues

It’s all personal preference nower days - my MD recently put me on trt. I don’t see it as a true necessity, if I don’t mind just being Joe Average. I’m on juice until I have to come off - either for severe health concerns or to try (again) to have another kid.

It’s a bit of a slippery slope - it’s tough to argue the fact that drugs/roids are bad for our bodies
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The whole point of TRT isn't to blast and cruise. It's because your body isn't making enough testosterone to enjoy a normal life. People in bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman circles don't want to admit that TRT isn't supposed to bridge the gaps between blasts or for them to get a little more mass/lift heavier weights. It's literally to treat the symptoms of low test.

But there is no free lunch and there are real negative side effects to using them. It does put strain on your cardiovascular system. Since you're not making test naturally, your lipid profile has changed (and not for the good). Testosterone is a very effective male contraceptive. The bloating, so on and so forth.

From what you're describing OP, sounds like you might also have an anxiety issue to deal with as well.

Point is it's not for everybody. I mean I didn't have all of the problems Test Monsterone has had on it, but I've had other problems he hasn't had. Some pretty fvuking serious problems.

TRT should be a decision you make ONLY with the advice and guidance of your physician. TRT should only be to treat symptoms of low testosterone and ONLY with the minimum dosage that alleviate them. It's not to get jacked. And I'm not necessarily accusing the OP or anyone of it. I'm just giving my opinion of it.

When you're 20, you're invincible. When you're 40, you have responsibilities. People depend on you. Not to mention, you want to live to see the people that matter to you grow up. You don't want your mother and father burying you because you had a middle-age heart attack or organ failure. Most of us on here are never going to make our living bodybuilding, we're never going to make our living playing sports. We are just gym rats. The muscle you put on from the gear or the extra weight you pushed is not worth your health or your life.
    Thanks man for responding. Yea def got anxiety issues that I usually can control but with the baby coming I just want to make sure I'll be here for her for a long time. I was going to tell my Dr about my usage but not sure how she will react. I recently found a trt clinic that will work with me. Basically told them my situation and they are gonna have me get blood work done and prescribe me a dose they believe will be most beneficial for me and continue to have follow ups as well.

Do you think that's a good route to go. Once I have the script I feel like I then will be able to tell my doctor because I am not doing anything illegal?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    You have kids?

Def agreed on the above, sounds like you have anxiety issues

It’s all personal preference nower days - my MD recently put me on trt. I don’t see it as a true necessity, if I don’t mind just being Joe Average. I’m on juice until I have to come off - either for severe health concerns or to try (again) to have another kid.

It’s a bit of a slippery slope - it’s tough to argue the fact that drugs/roids are bad for our bodies
    Have our first coming in June

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’m not sure why there’s this concern that trt is going to kill you. I don’t think there’s anything dangerous about a naturally occurring hormone at natural levels. There are health issues associated with low testosterone too FYI.

If you are planning on having more kids that’s a different story, as exogenous testosterone can make you completely sterile… ask me how I know lol
    Last edited by yeahbuddy289; 03-17-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Thanks man for responding. Yea def got anxiety issues that I usually can control but with the baby coming I just want to make sure I'll be here for her for a long time. I was going to tell my Dr about my usage but not sure how she will react. I recently found a trt clinic that will work with me. Basically told them my situation and they are gonna have me get blood work done and prescribe me a dose they believe will be most beneficial for me and continue to have follow ups as well.

Do you think that's a good route to go. Once I have the script I feel like I then will be able to tell my doctor because I am not doing anything illegal?
    I absolutely think going to a TRT clinic is better than treating yourself. That being said, I know a lot of those places are going to just write scripts for people so they can do gear and not really take in to account the health (both physical and mental health) of the patient. It's hard for a place like that to have your best interests at heart, when they are financially motivated to give you gear. If they turn down too many guys, before you know it, they're out of business. You're likely going to be spending $200 a month and I've heard of places being over $1000 a month (don't know actual ones that charge that much). To a medical facility $2400 isn't a lot of money, but after the initial labs and consultation, that's easy money that they don't do much for.

But I do see a lot of benefit to those clinics as well. It does provide access to treatment to guys suffering from low T who might not have access to treatment in any other way. Most PCPs don't know much about treating low T. Hell, there are a lot of endocrinologists who don't know much about treating it.

I'm not for or against TRT. I'm pro-looking at your situation and trying to see if the benefits outweigh the risks. Not everybody is a good candidate for TRT.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Don’t tell your MD you’re on “drugs” - it’s not a great idea for your medical record

Agreed with all the above tho
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

teedoff is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I absolutely think going to a TRT clinic is better than treating yourself. That being said, I know a lot of those places are going to just write scripts for people so they can do gear and not really take in to account the health (both physical and mental health) of the patient. It's hard for a place like that to have your best interests at heart, when they are financially motivated to give you gear. If they turn down too many guys, before you know it, they're out of business. You're likely going to be spending $200 a month and I've heard of places being over $1000 a month (don't know actual ones that charge that much). To a medical facility $2400 isn't a lot of money, but after the initial labs and consultation, that's easy money that they don't do much for.

But I do see a lot of benefit to those clinics as well. It does provide access to treatment to guys suffering from low T who might not have access to treatment in any other way. Most PCPs don't know much about treating low T. Hell, there are a lot of endocrinologists who don't know much about treating it.

I'm not for or against TRT. I'm pro-looking at your situation and trying to see if the benefits outweigh the risks. Not everybody is a good candidate for TRT.
    Man, makes me appreciate my trt clinic even more. He never pressured me that I had to get my test script filled through him or his preferred pharmacy or any other script he offered to write for me for that matter. In fact, he straight up told me from day one that if I could get it cheaper, then do it. Told me the cheapest local pharmacies as well and showed me pricing comparisons he pulled up online.

Labs through them are 50 or 60 bucks. Extra 10 to pull lipid panel.

Thread Information