eric10555 is offline New Member

quad shot/ blood

today i shot some gear in my right leg and when i pulled the pin out blood shot out and was bleeding pretty good. obvisouly the pin went through the vain but gear must not wne in the vein becasue i dint get light headed or any sides that gear went in the vein. never Aspirat but this never happened before. think gear gets lost when this happends. i just have a bruise now. this happened to anyone else.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    happens on occasion. its not a big deal. you should always aspirate though.

eric10555 is offline New Member
    do i loose alot of gear i only saw blood
    bump

twosocks40 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=eric10555] never Aspirat but this never happened before/QUOTE]

You might want to consider starting.

-B

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    Quad shots I hate. For me that area is sensative and bleeds very easily. I had the same problem so hit the delts which for me is great

sharky is offline Associate Member
    i never aspirat. i do get the gushers sometimes. ass, legs, and shoulders. i use 1 1/2'' though so i dont think i lose any because i figure i go way further than the vein. if you only go in a little you might lose some but i figure you go well enough passed the vein also.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    always try to aspirat well i do ! and when i shoot i take my index finger and my middle finger and stretch my skin so that when i pull the needle out my skin closes up tight not letting any gear out and it doesnt bleed at all!

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    eric-you better start aspirating, EVERY TIME. You prolly just passed through a vein, causing bleeding. Lucky for you, it wasn't a nerve! Make sure you push slowly...I can tell the minute I hit a vein from the pinch...I pull out and poke a different spot then. Quad shots always go smoothly for me now. They also leave major soreness for days afterwards though.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, u probably hit some scar tissue. I only inject my quads and it happens to me sometimes.

OG

A lot of people don't aspirate . Hell the doc or nurse don't aspirate. Not saying don't, but from my understanding, if your in a vein the blood pressure would put some blood in the syringe on its own. As far as small blood vessels or cappilaries it will not cause problem. I asked my doc about inject 1-2 cc of oil based steroids into a vein and he said it is like inject 1-2 cc into 5-6 pints of blood. It gets diluted and is not dangerous. The only time it is a problem is when you inject it into a vein which takes it to the heart and lungs immediately, which is not going to happen unless your poking arount and searching deep with your needle trying to find one. Even then what is the worsed that can happen. Hacking caugh, or light heades for a while, hell I get that couple times a day. Again, for the record you should always aspirate, but personally hate doing it.
    Last edited by rxarms; 08-04-2003 at 10:03 AM.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I know this is an old thread but it relates to my question. I've only heard that when you aspirate you are looking for blood to make sure that you didn't hit an artery or vein. Now if you didn't hit either what is going to happen when you aspirate. Just want to know what to look for considering I've never bothered doing it but probably should now.

I once aspirated when giving in a shot in my quad and my whole muscle contracted and scared the living shit out of me. I pulled the needle right out ina involuntary reaction. I stoped aspirating ever since. It just didn't work for me. Not saying it is right, but not my thing. You should get some intersticial fluid when not in a vein. Like clear milk. I get the willies just talking about, let another bro who does it tell you..

Mike21 is offline Junior Member
    When you aspirate and you are in the clear you should see a couple air bubbles go into the syringe. Aspirate every time! It only takes a couple extra seconds.

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    It happens, dont worry about it. Next time leave the needle in alitlle longer. Make sure to aspirate too...

toolman is offline Banned
    Rx....why wouldnt you aspirate . It takes a second and could save your life. If you are in a vein, and inject oil....well it was nice knowing you.

Thread Information