Thread: Bicep Tendon

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

Bicep Tendon

Any Bros Have Any Suggestions On How To Relieve Some Of The Pain From A Strained Bicep Tendon. Maybe Wrong Forum But We'll See

MR.BICEPS is offline Junior Member
    Do bicep injections for 8 weeks with deca . Do a 1ml injection into the bicep and the second weekly shot of deca into the shoulder.

Next stretxh the bicep before and after you train. Do only slow reps with less weight and gradually build up. No explosive movements.

I went through this very thing last year and the deca cured my tendon. I suffered with it for 6 months before I came to the understanding deca that deca could help.

I hope this helps!

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

thx

no deca on hand. i think i need to warm up a little more before workouts. we'll see thx for the reply. it sure has put a strain on my bench.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Stop doing exercises that strain the tendon until it heals. I have worked many times through injuries just to make the damage worse and the time off required to heal doubled.

Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member
    Man, I'm battling this bad right now. I've stopped doing all bi and back workouts to get the thing to heal but it is progressing really, really slowly. I think Rickson is right though, this is one of those harsh realities where stopping training the affected area is the way to go.

No training back for a month plus 8 weeks of deca injections into the bicep area healed my tendon. Start back slowly and warm up very good and stretch before and after each and every set of back-bicep work.

It would have taken my tendon a tear to have healed had it not been for the deca.

One exercise to avoid is hammer curls! It is what caused my problem in the first place. Also keep your wrist rigid throughout the curling movement. Bending or using your wrist to hoist more weight will do damage to the bicep tendon over a perios of time.

That's exactly when I knew I had to lay off was the last time I did a set of hammer curls and it hurt like hell. I'm hoping it bounces back in a few weeks. Otherwise, I may have to resort to what you've described.

Mr. Biceps, what was the exact location for your injections? What dosage did you use? How many shots did it take to heal the ligament? How long was that?

thanks.

My injections were twice a week at 200mgs 1ml shots. Do one directly in the mid bicep and one in the shoulder of the same arm. Thats 400mgs per week.

Do this for 8 to 10 weeks. Do this for two weeks before doing any upper body exercises. Even bencg presses can cause irritation. Then stick with a little less weight for say 6 to 8 reps and do biceps twice a week for 5 sets. Make sure and do the reps super slow with no explosive movements.

This what I did to heal mine. Also ice you tendon down for 20 minutes directly after exercising and stretching. This was the only thing that helped mine.

I tried accupuncture,ART, and cortisone shots with no success.

Hopefully you will experience the same relief.

good luck

hmmm. . . ok, thanks.

Thread Information