Thread: after cycle

garrym is offline New Member

after cycle

hi,
    im halfway through my first cycle deca and sus do i really need to take anything after i have finished my 8 wks or can i just leave it?
    im 44 so my natural test is low anyway.
    i do 250 deca & 1 amp sus on sundays and 1 amp of sus on weds

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Yes .. you need to take Clomid for your PCT.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If you want to lose all your gains then don't do PCT..... If you want to keep them and get up and running again then run clomid.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro...it sounds like you are making the assumption that being 44 years old puts you in an age bracket of people whose natural test levels are low.....That si an incorrect asumption. Although it is true that around age 40 - 45 test levels can begin to lower..it is not true that it aeefect everyone in that age group nor does it effect everyonne who is older. The only way you will know ..is to get a baseline blood test performed. Then you will have a basis from which to compare. Many many men in the age group 60 -65 years old have as high a test level as men much younger than them.
    So ....you need post cycle therapy of clomid for at least 3 weeks. However PCT also inculders maintaining a clean diet, consuming enough protein and keeping you intensity levels up during workouts.

garrym is offline New Member

clomid

i forgot to say im also doing 20mg nolvadex daily.
    will i still need clomid post cycle if so for how long and how much?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by garrym
    i forgot to say im also doing 20mg nolvadex daily.
    will i still need clomid post cycle if so for how long and how much?
    YES and also run the nolva with the clomid...... You should do a little research on PCT...... This is just as important if not more than the cycle itself.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Rich8888 - very good point.

I was, as garrym, not sure about the PCT effectiveness in my age (soon 38) since I was planning on running nolva throughout the cycle.

However, I read an article about the natural test levels (and there were a couple of posts here with the actual #s) - What I've learned was that the test level in various ages is not that much different.

Don't quote me on that (in terms of the exact numbers), but I think the levels of natural test were something like 50 - 80 mg/week for teenagers, 40 - 70 (ave) for people ages 25 - 40 and something like 20 to 60mg/week for elder people. --- which corresponds to what Rich8888 said.

Therefore, as the other members stated, you will need to restore your natural test, thus, should run PCT.

Thread Information