Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

Anti Estrogen Raioxifene (some good info)

Okay guys well, with all my problems with gyno, my doc finally is prescribing me Raioxifene. I have done alot of research on this one, and it appears that it is pretty good. Here is what I have gotten from my research on this.
    First off Raioxifene is a "cousin" of Tamaxifen. According to my doc.
    Here is what I gathered on this particular drug:

Primary use: Protect against osteoporosis (thinning of the bones).

"Raioxifene hydrochloride is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that bleongs to the benzothiophene class of compounds. The biological actions of raloxifene are largely medicated through binding to estrogen receptors. This binding results in activation of certain estrogenic pathways and blockage of others. Raloxifene also DECREASES TOTAL AND LDL CHOLESTEROL. Preclinical data demonstrate that raloxifene is an estrogen antagonists in uterine and BREAST TISSUES.
    Raloxifene binds to both albumin and A1-acid glycoprotein but not to sex-steroid binding globulin.
    Absorption:
    "Raloxifene is absorbed rapidly after oral administration. When taken with high fat meals increases raloxifene's absorption.

I am going to give it a go and see what happens and see if this will help with some of my gyno problems. According to what I have found out about this one,

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I've seen some info on this stuff before. At the time it was concluded that retinal dysfunction/cataracts was also not a side effect in it's administration(which has been associated to Nolva in some instances)
    But at the time(and this was only a handfull of months ago) their were not many case studies on the drug to difinitavely come to a conclusion on it's side effects.
    I don't suppose you ran across any case specific studies in your research did you?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Actually I have some, that I am looking into Pheedno. According to what I have found so far, you are correct, it appears that this drug does the same thing as nolv, and less side effects. However there are some positive effects as well, like lowering bad cholestrol (by 7%), quicker absorbtion as well preventing osteoporisis. When I am done with some of the case studies (which I have some) I will post. However the case studies again are for what the drug is intended for not for gyno or as an anti ester. This is it's secondary function. That is what is bad about this drug. It is admistered to me as a preventative for gyno, NOT for osteoprosis. Therefore all the case studies I have found are related to the primary function of this drug, which is osteoprosis.
    I think one has to look at the drug and what it actually does. How it attaches to the estrogen receptors. What is said about this particular drug according to it's findings, is that it attaches to the "receptors specifically in the breast tissues". That is what my doc is focusing on. He even recommeneded this drug over Nolv, which he was going to give me, but suggested Raioxifene has more positive aspects and less side effects than Nolvidex.

jess1000 is offline New Member
    Any update or views on how efferctive raloxifene is at combating gyno ?

Hi-Caliber is offline New Member
    Gonna get some input soon.

sammerthehammer is offline Junior Member
    ive used both tamoxifen and raloxifene and it does work better at cobatting gyno, at least in my case anyways

Thread Information