Thread: Slin question

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member

Slin question

Does anyone know (especially anyone in Fla) if insulin can be bought otc from pharmacies.

Drex is offline Junior Member
    Sorry not sure about FL, but im pretty sure in most states you can get everything except Humalog.

Anyway, no worries either way. Try doing a search for Insulin , Canada, Pharmacy. I'm sure you'll come up with the correct website

ECFATCAT is offline Associate Member
    sound like you don't know enough about slin to be using it .....be careful it's otc you will need a perscription to by humalog though...which is the best and safest

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECFATCAT
    sound like you don't know enough about slin to be using it .....

Why the hell would you say that? He just asked if it was OTC. Get off his shit man!
    BTW, I'd like to know about this too.

-B

It isnt a joke though man, misdosing yourself by even a tiny amount or not having your nutrient intake perfectly timed and in the right amount can fucking kill you.....hypoglycemia......

I know plenty don't worry I'm a paramedic and deal with hypo and hyper pts always. I will also be testing bgl levels constantly I plan to do only 6-8 ius post workout with simple sugars/carbs then a full meal one hr prior don't think that will kill you!. It was just a question I hear it can be bought otc in most states but wasn't sure about Fla figured I'd be sure before walking up to the local pharmacist just researching and preparing. But thanks for nothing anyways bro!

sound like you don't know enough about slin to be using it .....be careful it's otc you will need a perscription to by humalog though...which is the best and safest
    Last edited by xtremesport14; 08-09-2003 at 01:00 PM.

I know I can order through a Canadian pharm. Is that safe would cutoms have a problem if found? Just looking for the local angle.
    Thanks Drex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drex
    Sorry not sure about FL, but im pretty sure in most states you can get everything except Humalog.

Anyway, no worries either way. Try doing a search for Insulin, Canada, Pharmacy. I'm sure you'll come up with the correct website

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    sound like you don't know enough about slin to be using it
    lol, chill !!

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Its techincally OTC (except log), but most, if not all pharmacies will tell you they have a store policy not to sell it. I have found this to be the case for syringes as well. You can try and try and then eventually you may find one though.

About customs, I wouldnt think youd have a problem as slin is really OTC. Anyway, a good friend of mine recently ordered from that pharmacy in canada and recieved it 4 days later with an ice pack.
    As for me, I got lucky and found a stupid pharmacist who didnt realize it was not OTC. It took about 5 tries though, as places like cvs and walgreens would be all set to sell it to me, and when they went to look up the price in the computer it would say I needed a script. Try out of the way, smaller pharmacies.

Epic01 is offline Junior Member
    Bump for anyone else who has some thoughts especially in Fla.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    It’s available in Florida OTC.
    Last edited by G Child; 08-09-2003 at 05:40 PM.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    OTC or not my aunt is diabetic and just had her pick up some Humalog pens for me at Walgreens, can't believe it cost $125 though!

Been researching all night. I am just gonna order Humalog won't need a script that way from canadian pharm.

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    I have orderd from Canada before and just did again. No problems but might take some time.

Make sure it looks legit. BUT there are no known fakes out there. So if it looks good go for it. If I were you though, I would start w/ 2 iu and go up 1iu everyday your still alive. It's VERY tricky. I use pre and post shots and I still get some hypo symptoms. Be ALWAYS ready w/ a soda, candy bar or glucose tabs (as you very well know from your trianing). Subway is a good fix if you are starting to get into that tunnel (that's what it feels like to me when I just start to really feel some symptoms).

Be safe, use the 100ins. pins ONLY. You don't have them.... getpinz.com has 'em.

Have any questions about anything, ask me or go on the board and ask again!!!!

seriously, I almost fell asleep my 3 rd day of injecting only 4 iu. I now still only do 2 iu pre and 6 post.

BE CARFULL, PLEASE.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    wow i never knew it was so hard to get slin in the states. here in canada all u do is walk up to a pharmacist and say "can i have 100 ml humalog and 100 needles"

40 bux

I just use a canadian pharm ....

And I'm not going to chill ...if 1 kid dose the conversion wrong and puts .5 cc in him he's dead.....you guys need to chillI was right on point. And I wasn't jumping his shit if I was everyone would have know it and it would have been warrented...just be careful

Thanks to you and everyone else who took interest in this thread I will be sure to pm if I have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoachman
    I have orderd from Canada before and just did again. No problems but might take some time.

Make sure it looks legit. BUT there are no known fakes out there. So if it looks good go for it. If I were you though, I would start w/ 2 iu and go up 1iu everyday your still alive. It's VERY tricky. I use pre and post shots and I still get some hypo symptoms. Be ALWAYS ready w/ a soda, candy bar or glucose tabs (as you very well know from your trianing). Subway is a good fix if you are starting to get into that tunnel (that's what it feels like to me when I just start to really feel some symptoms).

Be safe, use the 100ins. pins ONLY. You don't have them.... getpinz.com has 'em.

Have any questions about anything, ask me or go on the board and ask again!!!!

seriously, I almost fell asleep my 3 rd day of injecting only 4 iu. I now still only do 2 iu pre and 6 post.

BE CARFULL, PLEASE.

50 iu pinz are fine

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I buy my Humulin R OTC in Florida with no problem. I prefer it to Humalog although I know I am in the minority on this one.

Thread Information