Thread: doctor visit

dumblucky is offline Member

doctor visit

Hey bros.. I was wondering if I go to the doctor what kind of test should I ask for to find out how my body is as faar as test levels etc..withouut telling him Im on the juice or planning to be on???

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Just be honest with the doc he cant condem you for AS he is there to help..

dumblucky is offline Member
    The thing is that I dont wnat him to put it in my medical file. which anyone can open up and read...

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    No one else can read it its called patient confidentiallity.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

medical file

Your doctor can only release your medical information with your written consent. If you are experiencing side effects from your gear he will most likely order some liver enzyme tests and probably tell you to get off the gear but again, that is your choice. The only time a doctor can release medical information without your consent is when it is deemed that you are a threat to yourself or others, i.e. you are suicidal or have plans on killing some one. This falls under a set of laws called the Baker Act.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: doctor visit

Originally posted by dumblucky
    Hey bros.. I was wondering if I go to the doctor what kind of test should I ask for to find out how my body is as faar as test levels etc..withouut telling him Im on the juice or planning to be on???
    This question comes up on occasion and has often been discussed in the past. However, here's the short list of what you would want to ask for if you're going to use AS:

Total Testosterone: Duhhhh . . . The normal count is 241-827 ng/dl, and chances are that you fall within that range. But it's a good test to get so you have a baseline reading of where you're at.

If your test level is low, your doctor would normally follow up the Total Testosterone test with tests for Lutinizing Hormone, Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Free & Weakly Binding Testosterone, and Sex Binding Globulin Hormone. Chances are that these tests will not be necessary for the average person. If a patient has low test levels and the other tests are normal, the next step is usually an MRI of the pituitary gland. But if you are routinely going for tests prior to or during the use of AS, you can disregard this paragraph.

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: A combination of the basic metabolic panel and the hepatic panel, the CMP provides a reading of your kidney and liver functions, both of which can be impacted by AS.

Prostate Specific Antigen: The best thing next to the finger. Literally. Testosterone use can cause prostate enlargement, so you should get a baseline PSA before you start using AS.

Hematocrit and Hemoglobin: Two more specific blood tests that can be affected by AS.

Lipid Panel: The basic test for cholesterol and triglycerides, it's agood one to have whether or not you use AS.

You should get these tests before, during, and after a cycle so you can see how the cycle has impacted he various levels.

I also concur with bravo11p, and feel that you should tell your doctor about your AS use, as it can have an impact on your overall health. That kind of information provides the "missing link" your doctor needs if you have any physical complaints during or after a cycle. Granted, the doctor may moralize a little. That's okay; that's what doctors do. But if she or she moralizes too much, find another doctor who will at leat be tolerant if not accepting.

You should ask your doctor not to mention your AS use in your chart; while most doctors will not aid you in a cycle, they will often be cooperative about this. Why? Because doctor-patient confidentiality will protect you, but your chart could be subpoeaned in the event that you sue or are sued as the result of, say, an accident. (The Baker Act becomes irrelevant in the event of a lawsuit, whether through subpoena or the discovery process.)

Finally, I hate to tell you this, but if you are a normal patient - especially one that is young - any doctor worth his or her salt will be hip to why you're asking about testosterone levels . I wouldn't sweat it. The doctors you have to worry about are the ones who are too dumb to figure it out.

Thread Information