Thread: advice needed

tmeoe is offline Associate Member

Exclamation advice needed

My school starts up again in September and like any other college athlete i will be incredibly busy which will make cooking my meals everyday almost impossible. So i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a diet for the cycler on the go?

My diet looks like this right now

meal 1: 8oz oatmeal, fruit, glass of whole milk, 2 slices whole weat bread, on the weekends i replace oatmeal w/ about 8 eggs scrambled

meal 2: yogurt, protein shake w/ milk, peanut butter sandwich

meal 3: 2 roast turkey sandwhiches, fruit, some tortilla chips

meal 4: 3 chicken breasts, beans or potatoes, and a pile of veggies (lima beans or peas), 2 slices of whole wheat toast, glass of whole milk

meal 5: peanut butter sandwich, protein shake, yogurt

Water all through the day

This gives me a little more than 3000 calories. By the way i am 168lbs and on my 4th week of my sust cycle. I think i should up my calories but like i said i'm constantly doing something so whatever advice you can give me to get plenty of calories fast in the day i could use it. Thanks bros.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Need more calories. Add protien in your breakfast every morning. What about post workout nutrtion? Directly after your workout have a shake with 75grams of dextrose and protien powder (whey is best at this time) second meal have carbs with your protien too.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    thanks bdtr,

I figured i could use more calories, what does adding the dextrose help do? I usually have a protein shake after a workout, just slipped my mind when posting. Also, will adding more shakes give me the same nutrients i would get by adding more food?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I know the shakes aren't as good as food, but what do you do when you are on the go? I know when I'm really running around busy the high protein candy bars help out too. Not the best source of protein, and they are expensive as hell and taste like sh!t, but it has to be better than nothing.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    ...what does adding the dextrose help do?
    Adding dextrose to your post workout whey will spike your blood sugar levels, causing a massive release of insulin ...about the only time you really want this to happen.

Because of your schedule, I would recommend a very high quality meal replacement product like Prolab's Lean Mass Matrix. This is the best product on the market - no maltodextrin, no sucrose, no fructose, just lots of low-GI carbs, nice blended proteins, and essential fatty acids. Mix an entire packet and that will take care of you for a few hours, or take half a packet every couple hours throughout the day.

The taste is awesome. Even my 18 month old loves it. And there's nothing wrong with getting your nutrients from shake products. I've been supplementing my meals with these products for years and have continued to make incredible progress.

Thread Information