PEDEY is offline Junior Member

OPINIONS: Running cycles with high dosages

Hey bros,

I am always very confused with the amount of dosages to run with a cycle as I hear so much conflicting information on this. For instance, in the published book ANABOLICS 2000/2002 as sold through this site the book lists novice cycles with very fairly low dosages. The same goes for the sample cycles section on this website. However, when I read posts on the forum, guys are usually talking of running at around 500mg test, 400mg EQ/wk or higher. I find opinions expressed on this forum usually conflict a lot with what I read in books or on other sections of the site.

Also be second topic of discussion... A guy weighing more needing a higher dose. Is there scientific research that suggests a guy that weighs 300lbs needs a higher dose than a guy that weighs 200lb?

Im interested in hearing what people's opinions are on these issues...

-PEDEY
    Training Exp: 5 Yrs
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 262 lbs
    Last edited by PEDEY; 08-12-2003 at 04:14 AM.

Contender is offline Junior Member
    BUMP all the way on this one..............

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    There was a great article about this topic in the last Testosterone magazine. I'll see if I can find a link.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Good questions bro.

A person once told me that the only thing written in stone about running gear is that 'Nothing is written in stone'.

Fact is, there are many contributing factors into weekly doseage to consider. While I don't have exact excerpts with medical info I can attach, here is what I can offer you.

Some things to consider are age, weight, and cycle experience. (there are others but we will stick with these for now)

Age - As you get older your natural test levels begin to decrease, therefore, it is logical that an older person would need a higher dose of test in order to attain the same results as an younger person. (say a 23 year old vs. a 35 year old)

Weight - Simply think about how many calories a 300 pounder needs to take in versus a 200 pounder...same concept.

Cycle exp. - The more you run now, the more you will most likely need to run in the future. The human body has a tendency to adjust to what we put in it.

Hope I helped.

D

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    The basic theory in the article was this: your body doesn't become saturated and therefore need more everytime. The increase in dosages results in your body starting at a higher setpoint after each cycle. That is a very unscientific explanation. I'm still looking for that link.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I would say your first cycle is always a learning experience. You will definitely know how your body reacts to different AS. I am a firm believer, that if you can get good results running lower doses, then obviously thats the way to go. It's going to be different for everyone.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Age - As you get older your natural test levels begin to decrease, therefore, it is logical that an older person would need a higher dose of test in order to attain the same results as an younger person. (say a 23 year old vs. a 35 year old)

D
    I was under the impression that AS shot down your natural test production whether you're 23 or 35 yo. Older people have adopted to lower levels of test – as a result, even a slight increase in test could yield great gains.

In fact, just by reading cycle results of the guys in late 30's and 40's (there were a few posted in this board) - those guys achieved absolutely incredible results with low AS doses.

I agree - age is a factor - however, IMHO that older first time users should consider lower instead of higher doses.

Jay

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    I always say start out small with the dosages and work up. For two reasons...1. Its something foreign that your taking and you never know how you may react to these substances. 2. You recepters are fresh, so a little dose may do the same amount of work as the bigger one. If you start out doing 400mg of something then your body will need more next time. Start out small then build up after tolerence is reached. Logically i see this as the smart thing to do.

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    This is the same exact thing I've been contemplating myself for a while now and posting and pming people about. I'm a younger guy, but read one thing then hear another, then told something that conflicts with that. I guess it's just always going to go around in circles and turn into a pissing contest. What I've realized is that you have to collect information from all sides analyze the data and then decide what specificaly suites you the best. Personally I've chosen to go the low dose route. Reason being is, if I can gain 20lbs on a low test cycle and continue to run at those doses and still gain that much I save myself and sh!t load and not to mention you're reducing your chances for sides. You'll never know unless you try.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Well, run what you want I guess. I know from experience for myself under 500mg/wk of test alone is nothing much more than a waste for ME. Most agree, but some dont. Find out for yourself if you dont think you need it, but either way, another 250mg of test isnt gonna cause much increase in sides at all to start with so I myself would rather just add it in.

blizzard is offline Associate Member
    I agree Billy!!!full stop........

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I consider 500mg of test and 400mg of EQ a week to be a low dose cycle. I think it is enough to make gains without many sides and gives someone a good feel for how AAS effect them. In terms of age it is much harder for older BB's to build and maintain muscle therefore higher dosages are usually required eventually.

Thread Information