Thread: Injections

RayL is offline Associate Member

Injections

I'm about to start my first cycle. Man, these 23 guage pins look huge. I didn't think they would be so thick. I just hope I don't pass out. I feel queezy just lokking at them. I have read about the correct way to inject, aspirating, pin size and all that. I have chosen to draw with 21g and shoot with 23 guage 1" in my quad. I am most worried about aspirating and seeing blood because I hit a vein or something. Will I see any blood at all if I am in the muscle tissue? Can you guys give some detailed descriptions of what I should see when I aspirate ?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    When you aspirate you should see tiny airbubbles coming in the syringe, they will go back in the body when you stop pulling the plunger. And dont worry about passing out, the first shoot is abit hard but you will love injections after that

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Have done 6 injections now, really easy so far. First one was nerve racking but got through it. Just focus on doing all of the correct procedures. I have been in a vein once already so make sure you aspirate each time!

I am also a little unsure about the length of time it should take to inject. I have heard 30-40 seconds. Should I apply continuos pressure to the plunger for 30-40 seconds or inject a little and then pause, and inject more, and so on.

Diesel72 is offline Associate Member
    Injection time should be SUPER SLOW! Do not rush things at this point. It takes me around 1min per ml. Slow is key here.

Also check this out for more injection information.

www.spotinjections.com

Palme is also right with his statement about the air bubbles. You do not need to aspirate no more than 0.5cc to see them if everything is on point.

-Diesel
    Last edited by Diesel72; 08-16-2003 at 01:12 PM.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayL
    I am also a little unsure about the length of time it should take to inject. I have heard 30-40 seconds. Should I apply continuos pressure to the plunger for 30-40 seconds or inject a little and then pause, and inject more, and so on.
    You should be able to listen to your body in that regard without much experience. You'll quickly find that this variable is quite responsible for the degree, if any, of morning after pain in the injection area. In my experience, the surest sign that I was heading in too fast was a general charlie horse type feeling developing at the injection site...if I slowed down, it would dissipate. If I had to render a guess, i'd say that each injection (by and large 2 cc's in the quad throughout) probably took between 60-90 seconds, I don't think I ever had one in the 30 second range.

bad brains is offline Junior Member
    Theres no reason to rush, take as long as you need.....Practice makes perfect, I use to hate needles but now I give a pretty damn good injection....

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Thicker oils like sus250 take for me around 90seconds and thats when they are warm. A thinner oil, like test prop takes about 45seconds for me and then water bases test, Test suspension takes about 15-20 seconds max.

I've just started shooting the top of my glute and I'm not getting any pain whatsoever. I'm using these thick green spear things - well they look as big as sprears and they look a little intimidating! But the shit is going in no problems at all.

Just take your time - there's no prize for being the quickest, lol thats what my girl says too!! lmfao!!

tbulldog is offline Associate Member
    Dude, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FIRST INJECTION IN YOUR QUAD.. if you accidentally hit a nerve it will deter you from ever wanting to take an inj ever....do it in your glute first... It was a dark stormy night, along a road toward Austin, Texas.... TBull decided he wanted to spot inject.... O'le Marge warned him that things could go wrong, but he insisted,"it makes the muscle bigger and harder", says TBull. Once o'le Marge drew back and darted that son of a bitch straight into the nerve that wasn't suppose to be there , TBull shit in his pants and swore he would never inject again.... and to this day, TBull won't spot inject, not in his quad anyway, his ass keeps getting bigger and bigger..........seriously, don't do it there first, if you fuck up, you won't ever want to try again.

legend is offline Associate Member
    bro if your doing quad shots, you could use a 25 gauge. your going slow anyway. i always use 25g for quads or delts and 23g for glutes only !! 25g x 1" is perfect for quads. 23g x 1.5" is good for glutes.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone use 25g x 1 for their glutes. I did my last injection there on Thursday and am wondering if I got it into the muscle. It was a tiny bit sore the next day, so I am assuming I did so.

tbulldog is offline Associate Member
    you're good to go,1.5 is better but if you only have 1", it will work

legend is offline Associate Member
    i used 1". if your lean enough they work fine. just a little tough to push through in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by tbulldog
    Dude, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FIRST INJECTION IN YOUR QUAD.. if you accidentally hit a nerve it will deter you from ever wanting to take an inj ever....do it in your glute first... It was a dark stormy night, along a road toward Austin, Texas.... TBull decided he wanted to spot inject.... O'le Marge warned him that things could go wrong, but he insisted,"it makes the muscle bigger and harder", says TBull. Once o'le Marge drew back and darted that son of a bitch straight into the nerve that wasn't suppose to be there , TBull shit in his pants and swore he would never inject again.... and to this day, TBull won't spot inject, not in his quad anyway, his ass keeps getting bigger and bigger..........seriously, don't do it there first, if you fuck up, you won't ever want to try again.
    I'm not very flexible. That's why I have chosen to do quad injections. Does everyone agree with tbulldog?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Nope, I love quad shots. Perfect for a newbie IMO. I use 23 guage 1 inch pins.

tallnskinny is offline New Member
    ok i'm A big puss i guess. i've used gear b4 but i'm having trouble giving myself shots now. b4 i hads a freind givem to me or i shot into the glute. i'm having trouble shoting my quad and delt. i touch the pin to the skin then push through. no problems in the glute but now it weirds me out. i can't do it easily in the quad. i do it but it takes forever and it feals weird like i can feal the needle in my leg or arm. i have often pulled back out after starting then had to try again. i eventually finish but damn i swtch needled every time i pull out is costing me alot of pins. how can i get around this. i can't talk myself into darting the pin in i push through. is there a way to get past this. or am i a wuss.
    thanks for any help even a kick for being a wuss may help. anybody else have alot of trouble as a beginer giving injections?? i feal like a punk bi#@h.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Nope, I love quad shots. Perfect for a newbie IMO. I use 23 guage 1 inch pins.
    Good, that is the size pin and place I plan to inject. Thanks

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Quads are easy. You aren't twisting around to see the injection, and I sit down to shoot the quads, so this makes it easier if you're nervous or shaking any. For your first shot, if you're right handed shoot the right quad. All very easy and you can see everything as you're doing it. Make sure you massage the injection afterwards to help the muscle not cramp or charlie-horse.

Good luck.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys,

Did my second QUAD injection today in the left side. This time I prepped better by massage before and after. I was a little nervous and shaky, so the needle did move a bit. So far it doesn't seem as sore as last week's injection. It took me all the way until Friday to get my leg back to 100%.

I didn't think sitting down was a good idea when injecting...maybe I will try that next week. I think its getting much easier.

Bri

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

Jeez

Just Stick In Ya Ass And Aspirate Then Shoot
    Slowly And Have A Hot Girl Massage For Lets Say 5 Hours

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    you are not the only one that doesn't like throwing darts in oneself bro. it sucks worse than anything for the first couple of weeks. after that it does get quite easy though...like someone above said you start to look forward to dart night. just keep the muscle relaxed and get after it. each time the soreness will get less and less, probably because you start relaxing more and not shaking as much. good luck with it bro. if everything else is in order (diet, routine, rest, etc) it's well worth the torture!!

peace,

ttgb

Thread Information