BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Kicking around some more ideas (two bulking cycles)

This may come as a shock to some, as I'm an avid proponent of moderately goaled cycles that seek to manipulate composition over raw poundage (so a mass accumulation followed by a leaning phase in an attempt to get the body to more easily "accept" the gains of the cycle by not going dramatically over setpoint...should such a point even exist), but I'm looking to do a pure bulk cycle this winter. The way I see it, is I spend a great deal of time telling people that you really have to try several things to find what works for you...and now it's time to take my medicine. I've sketched out two bulkers below and I'd like some feedback on which you guys prefer. Both are based on enanthate at their core.

CYCLE #1 (utilizing fina in a bulker)
    Weeks 1-15 Test enan @ 500-600mg week (leaning towards 600)
    Weeks 1-14 Eq @500-600mg week (same dose as test)
    Weeks 5-15 Fina enan@ (i'm thinking)350-400mg week

CYCLE #2 (no fina, but giving deca a try)
    Weeks 1-15 Test enan @ same dosages as above
    Weeks 1-15 Deca @ 350mg week
    Weeks 1-4 Dbol @ 40mg day

Ideally, I want to try both fina and deca, but for obvious reasons have serious reservations about running both in the same cycle and won't go that route. So, any thoughts?

BDTR is offline Retired
    If it were me i'd run the fina over the deca any day of the week. I'm not a big deca fan at all.

bad brains is offline Junior Member
    Go with number one, and run the eq and test at 600.......You'll like fina much better than deca ......Don't waste your time or money on deca, go with fina everytime.......Good luck.....

sounds good guys...i was leaning towards the fina for sure but was wondering if someone might come out with some wonderful things to say about deca .

bad brains is offline Junior Member
    Well,lets see,um(scratches head), here goes, err, nope I can't think of anything good to say about deca ..sorry bro.....

BDTR is offline Retired
    Haha agreed, and it shuts me down SO HARD. Fina shuts me down hard, but nothing compares to deca as far as destroying me.

Quote Originally Posted by bad brains
    Well,lets see,um(scratches head), here goes, err, nope I can't think of anything good to say about deca..sorry bro.....

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I love deca in bulking cycles. I get much more mass then with fina. It is very hard to recover from though and I like it at 600mg a week or more. Don't you love it when no one agrees.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I agree deca adds mass better than fina but fina has several advantages.

1. It keeps me lean while bulking
    2. my strength is through the roof
    3. it adds some water free keepable gains to me
    4. My aggresion in the gym is way up.

The bulking aspect of deca (I run it at atleast 600 as well) isn't worth the side effects for me, even wtih HCG i have a hard time coming off it.

The Butcher is offline Member
    I agree with Rickson. Deca , dbol , Enan will more than likely put more size on you than the Eq, Tren option. Yes, it might be more bloat, but I'm not so sure it won't put more muscle on you as well. Dbol, Deca, and test are my favorite bulkers.

legend is offline Associate Member
    D....E.....C....A.... deca deca deca !!!! does this help !!! oh did i mention i love deca?

J-Bud is offline Associate Member
    My last Test, deca , Dbol cycle I kept 20lbs from the 25-28ish I gained. I have yet to try fina though so I can't really compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Don't you love it when no one agrees.
    That can be a kick in the ass for sure. However, I don't want to completely abandon my philosophy of manipulating the body's "set point" (in itself an arguable theory) as opposed to raw poundage, and I think fina fits into that approach better. If I stay in this game for some time, and continue to take a beating in the gym, I suspect I'll give deca a run when I start to see/require a bit more of that need for joint lubrication and such.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I think deca causes more harm than good regarding joint pain. I had a minor shoulder injury and was running deca at 600mg ew, the deca really killed all the pain in my shoulder but also didn't allow me to really feel that I was injured to a great degree. In the end my minor shoulder problem that was masked by the deca caused me major issues.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    I would run #2...oh wait that is what I'm running next..haha!!! I just havent seen anyone that can show me that fina is sooo great...Huge Presser didnt care for it and it do seem to lean people up but as a bulk cycle...I would go with D-Bol/Test/Deca !

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The bottom line is you are probably going to be happy with either cycle. Deca is a love/hate drug which is very apparent in this thread. I think everyone should at least try it in their AAS experience since many have an incredible response to it but you have many years to get to it. I wish you the best of luck on your bulker.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Well I really love deca . With deca, I get no bloat...just very high quality (very keepable) LBM gains. I do experience BP problems when I combine dbol with deca though, so you may want to keep an eye on your's.

Also, I would never come off deca and testosterone simultaneously. Instead, I always allow 5 weeks for deca to clear. Any decanoate esterified compound is going to take a very long time to taper off. During those 5-6 weeks, I would continue the test enanthate or ideally run a course of test prop and an oral of your choosing.

Lastly, I would use hcg 2x weekly on a cycle of this length. I'm actually wrapping up a 16-week cycle nearly identical to your #2 (except for the timing issue) and have used hcg since week 4. I have experienced no testicular atrophy whatsoever.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I had great gains the last time I ran deca with no side's....my BP went up but I also wasn't using anything to remove the retained water. Haven't ran fina so I can't say I like one better than the other. I'm on test and dbol right now and today will add deca since I had such great results last time.

Thread Information