F40
    F40 is offline Junior Member

EXPERTS: Stack with ZERO Training? Wa happen?

Suppose we are:
    24yrs old, 5,10ft tall, weigh around 185lbs, at 15%.
    Now suppose we ate plenty of food - rich in protein. Say 3500cals a day and say 250grams of protein. Spread evenly across 6 meals....
    Also suppose that we are computer programmers with an office job with no manual labour. Outside the gym, exercise is done by walking to the car....

Now suppose we put a nice AAS stack together:
    500mg Test E /EW
    400mg Deca /EW

BUT NOW SUPPOSE WE DID NO TRAINING. NOTHING. ZILCH....
    Not at the beginning of the cycle in the middle or at the end. We don't even go anywhere NEAR a gym.

What would happen to our weight on the basis that food intake described above results in calorie/protein surplus for the subject in question?

Very interested to hear what, why and how and on physiological level too?
    Might help laymen (like me) to better understand how AS work.

If muscle growth can occur without training with the use of AS then what is the purpose of training - what does it achieve and how does it 'maximise' the use of AS????????

Look forward to hear you views.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    AAS has little to no preformance enhancing, muscle building abilities for sedentary individuals. If you are not a serious athlete - don't go the AAS route.

Looks like another "magic pill" thread... been awhile I guess...

BDTR is offline Retired
    This thread made me want to hit people. I spend hours of my life going through hell in the gym to earn what i get and people always want an easy way out. I'm so glad steroids are illegal and hard to obtain, every jackass would be shooting test and sitting at home with their tony little glider thinking they'll get huge. Sorry, I got 150mg of drol running through my blood right now, but this really angered me, lazieness disgusts me and the thought of someone just wanting to take a magic pill and get big makes it even worse.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    waste of time and money and Gear I supposed you would just get fat

F40
    Guys... don't get sidetracked by inherent 'provocation' in the question...
    Why are you getting so angry? I am not suggesting such a preposterous scenario for myself or ANYONE else - so don't go off on one. I LOVE training and wouldn't be soo stupid to do as the scenario detailed.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? THE SPECIFIC ROLE OF TRAINING?

Jeff has partially answered the question.... So such a scenario would just result in FAT?
    Why? How?

THIS is the point of the thread.. no 'magic fucking pill' anything.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    I don't think he's saying he want's to sit there and gain muscle doing. I think he wants to know what the effects of AS are on the body in an idle state so as to better understand what they do in the body.

Unfortunately bro, training and AS go hand in hand. AS are only usefull in sedentary folks who have deficencies in their natural test production. (prevents wasting). And these folks only need minimal doses. In normal folks such as ourselves, we need higher doses and we need to train in order to reap any benefits of AS.

Good luck,

Nixter.

F40
    Nixster - you EXACTLY understood what my point is...Nice one bro!
    Thanks for your reply buddy...

Please guys - keep 'em coming,......

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually, i believe there are studies that demonstrate statistically significant (though not significant for "our" purposes) gains in LBM with individuals using AAS without undertaking any actual training. I'll try and dig some of them up, as I know they're floating around somewhere. If not, and I'm mistaken, my apologies, but I could swear I've seen them before

ittybittymass is offline New Member
    yea i dont think it would be major but there would be some difference. just like a guy who sits on his ass 24/7 is usually still stronger than a fit girl. all about the test levels

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    If you want a serious, scientific answer, then I would have to say that some change in LBM would occur. AAS causes a change in nutrient partitioning and energy metabolism. Your body stays in a positive nitrogen balance more easily. Protein is absorbed better. Fat is metabolized faster. You would notice some results, I suppose.

For conversation's sake, you would need to quadruple the doses to get good results if you refuse to train, and you will lose virtually all of your gains within a few weeks after the cycle.

You just can't justify the risks or trouble of steroids for the minimal gains you would see from not training while on a cycle.

In my opinion, this is a terrible, terrible idea.

-SF

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Froid
    If you want a serious, scientific answer, then I would have to say that some change in LBM would occur. AAS causes a change in nutrient partitioning and energy metabolism. Your body stays in a positive nitrogen balance more easily. Protein is absorbed better. Fat is metabolized faster. You would notice some results, I suppose.

For conversation's sake, you would need to quadruple the doses to get good results if you refuse to train, and you will lose virtually all of your gains within a few weeks after the cycle.

You just can't justify the risks or trouble of steroids for the minimal gains you would see from not training while on a cycle.

In my opinion, this is a terrible, terrible idea.

-SF
    If you want to know more about this subject, go to Upjohn's website and look for the information on depot-testosterone (testosterone cypionate ). The insert sent with the box briefly details a double blind study and the results which shows that: If you are using testosterone cypionate or enanthate and NOT exercising, you will experience an increase in lean muscle and a reduction of fat. But, the changes will hardly be noticeable.

You're not going to notice any dramatic effects of steroids if you do not eat, sleep and work out properly.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 08-17-2003 at 09:56 PM.

arby is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Actually, i believe there are studies that demonstrate statistically significant (though not significant for "our" purposes) gains in LBM with individuals using AAS without undertaking any actual training. I'll try and dig some of them up, as I know they're floating around somewhere. If not, and I'm mistaken, my apologies, but I could swear I've seen them before
    Exactly. The study that's probably in question here (I'm lazy, go find it yourself) showed that after 8 weeks of 600mg test ew, the group that took AS and didn't train had a greater gain in lbm and more loss of fat than the group that didn't take AS and trained.

RB

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Every study I have ever seen shows an increase in LBM.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Every study I have ever seen shows an increase in LBM.

Ditto.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I think it's a very good question raised in the form of hypothesis.

Here's a read, posted by Rickson the other day - it could put you on the right track in your search for the answer.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=62458

Keep us posted if you find any scientific research on this subject.

Jay

PS Similar issues have been raised in the previous threads, such as psychological effects of using AS. (I would love to see a study where people used blanks (trained naturally), but thought they were using AS)
    Last edited by Rookiejay; 08-18-2003 at 09:22 PM.

Thread Information