Lift Chief is offline Member

Retin A is making my stretch marks worse!

I am applying this shit once a day and it is making my stretch marks more red.... it is peeling the skin away and revealing a more red stretch mark. It is also making them a little bit bigger.

Is this something where it gets worse before it gets better or should i just stop this bullshit?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Try vitamin E cream I believe it is. I can tell you that most compounds like Retin A used to cure acne or so forth do have side effects of redness and peeling, especially at the beginning, however this will not cure stretch marks, only prevent them
    Last edited by D3m3nt3d; 09-03-2003 at 06:59 AM.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    use cocoa butter...that shit is used by women after pregnancy to get rid of any stretchmarks.

i know several people who have used it with good results, although it takes months of application to really make them fade.

Well many feel that retin a may help to cure existing stretch marks by increasing collagen synthesis in the skin. I understood before i started this that my skin would peel around the area... that is pretty much the point. I am wondering, from anyone who's used it, if it got worse before it got better?

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lift Chief
    Well many feel that retin a may help to cure existing stretch marks by increasing collagen synthesis in the skin. I understood before i started this that my skin would peel around the area... that is pretty much the point. I am wondering, from anyone who's used it, if it got worse before it got better?

i used it and absolutely nothing happened. No red, no peeling, stretch marks stayed the same.

ross3814 is offline Member
    At least your getting huge!

Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    At least your getting huge!
    What's the point of lifting to make your body look like that of a greek God if you take your shirt off and have red marks grafitying your body.

Surfárn is offline New Member
    "Baby oil" one a day, and a skin cream that contains a lot of fat and vitamine E before and after lifting to prevent stretch marks!

Don King is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lift Chief
    I am applying this shit once a day and it is making my stretch marks more red.... it is peeling the skin away and revealing a more red stretch mark. It is also making them a little bit bigger.

Is this something where it gets worse before it gets better or should i just stop this bullshit?
    yes, it is beginning to irritate and peel/reveal new skin. this is how it works. it isn't making them grow bigger, they are growing bigger naturally, but hopefully the retin-A will help this. The size could be in your head too.

retin-A will help if anything, but it takes 6+ months of daily usage to do so.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Daem is right, I have heard of cocoa butter helping also...forgot that one, but nothing is going to really cure it but it can help fade them..but Im sure you know that already that they are still going to be there

Thread Information