rxarms is offline Associate Member

Can you tell if someone is on ....

Hey guys. Can people tell if you are juicing? Is there something in the eyes, general behavior, whatever that can clue someone in. I am not talking about aggression or getting big fast, more just a gut feeling you get. You think it's BS or true?

popa is offline Senior Member
    I hooked up one of my buddies with some gear and he turned in to a total asshole, it made him change so much it was unbelievable...never seen that kind of change in my life..and he thought he can concore the world and mac all the honey's

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    I don't think there's any 100% fool proof way of telling, short of testing that is. There's guys who are obviously on cuz they are massive with low bf, extemely vascular, etc. Then there are guys who you suspect but could still be natural. If you know the person's lifestyle it would be much easier to tell. If he's holding some good lean mass and you know for a fact that maybe his diet isn't so good or he parties a lot then that might be a good indication that he's on.

I like to think i've gotten decent at telling and I like to even *try* guessing their cycle.

Nixter

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, usually people can tell when ur face bloats up and or gets red. Other then that i cant think of anything else that would give it away in just the face.

OG

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    I usually guess by the face also. My buddy's face gets puffy

herbologist is offline New Member
    Usually some puffy air-filled looking muscles can give it away along w/ thinning hair and acne. I know, but that's just the way it is. In high school a hater tried to say I was juicing (which I wasn't) just because I had a few zits. So yeah, people that don't use get blamed also, it's jealousy.

And I suppose if your girl is familiar w/ your nuts & they shrink up on you , that could be a give away.

legend is offline Associate Member
    and if you forget to take the pin out of your ass, that sometimes gives it away also.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by herbologist
    Usually some puffy air-filled looking muscles can give it away along w/ thinning hair and acne.
    I didn't know muscles could be "air-filled"? WTF

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah also if u have a girl when u start runnin ur test your sex drive boost and u turn into a fuck BUNNY its a slight clue........Not to mention ur just a little bit bigger everytime u see someone.....

"I didn't know muscles could be "air-filled"? WTF"

Yeah, Rebok makes them.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I think I can pretty much tell, who's on and who isn't. But I agree, you can totally tell if someone is on say "DBOL ", the bloated face and air filled arms (JK) are a dead give away.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I think to a certain extent, "it takes one to know one." -not that i am proud of that....

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    I didn't know muscles could be "air-filled"? WTF
    Pump, you're joking right? You went to muscle camp you saw the air valve on Jay's bi's and back right! Hell, he's like one of those life vests on the airplanes.. 2 nozels and blow away! The only difference between them and us are they have 200hp air compressor in their basements and we have to goto the gas station and pay $.25 for the wimpy compressor!

SID

Lift Chief is offline Member
    There's no sure fire way to tell.

Best indication is if you're familiar with the way someone looks and their face is noticeably puffier.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    good one SID

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by rxarms
    Hey guys. Can people tell if you are juicing? Is there something in the eyes, general behavior, whatever that can clue someone in. I am not talking about aggression or getting big fast, more just a gut feeling you get. You think it's BS or true?
    Yeah, I can tell if someone is on. If they try humping inanimate objects, they are most def on.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    I guess the puffiness in the face is the biggest give away, but it could be a side effect from a medication. A good excuse. No? I have noticed a slight sharpness, more focus, and intensity in the eyes of people who juice. Like the eye of a tiger sizing you up. Otherwise I still think it is just a gut feeling we all get. Anyone can be bloated, have a bad temper, have acne, air loss, but something in the eye is universal to all juicers. Thats how I feel.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I'd say above average muscle and below average fat - could be a red flag.

as far as puffy face ....... IMO not every cycle will make you bloat...

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah Rookiejay has a point because last fall I was runnin cell tech before my cycle and my girlfreind asked me i was saucing because my face bloated of cell tech.......So bloating isnt a sure sign.....i guess.......

someday is offline Member
    To me it goes something like this...
    "Hey chuck, i havent seen you in a while. JESUS YOUR A MONSTER NOW!!" Anyhow...hows the woman?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Yeah, I can tell if someone is on. If they try humping inanimate objects, they are most def on.
    HEY. I hump inanimate objects even when Im NOT on. What are you trying to say???

MaFi0s0 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxarms
    I have noticed a slight sharpness, more focus, and intensity in the eyes of people who juice. Like the eye of a tiger sizing you up. ......... but something in the eye is universal to all juicers. Thats how I feel.
    thats due to the raise in testosterone .

one of testosterones effects is that it makes you more focused and assertive(less clumsy).

for example, if your testosterone levels where high, youd be walking around like you know where your going, looking sharp, rather than spaced out and relaxed.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I can usually tell by looking at a person's traps.
    90% of the time that's the first muscle that really shows well when your on.

roidmanraging is offline Junior Member
    One way my old buddies and I could tell when I new scrub was on gear was through body mannerisms. If you catch someone feeling all over their body between sets, posing a lot more in the mirror, showing up in more and more revealing clothing, etc.

We used to work on staying as covered up as possbile while on so no one knew. I always swelled up like a puffer fish so it was pretty obvious.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    grab their balls while they are benching! If they are tiny they are jucing or cursed. Also hang around the shower room in the Gym and look at everyones balls. Make comments to them in passing like "wow, you are huge! , but your testicles are really small and cute!" Maybe they wont catch on that you are being slueth like and trying to see if they juice or not. Also you might want to grab their asses as you walk by. Pretend you jus tlike to grab ass! meanwhile get a real good grab in and feel for scar tissue. Im kidding anyways.

My girl caught me on vacation in mexico. She thought I was juicing but I would always say CELL TECH! Being of pasty British Descent and having small redmarks resembling mosquito bites all over my translucent pasty british skin covered quads, and sitting in a chlorinated pull for about 4 hours straight the pin marks really started to show and she caught me! I came clean, she was ok with it and later that week we were looking for Mexican vets!.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    HEY. I hump inanimate objects even when Im NOT on. What are you trying to say???
    I think you need to get out more.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I was accused of being on steroids before I was on them. Most people just have decided that if you're bigger or more cut than they are, you're jucing.

Gmill13, you're a nut.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Very easy - look for back and shoulder zits - anyone in the gym has those nice big peperoni ones - they are obviously on and probably dont know too much about anti-es either - tho if your a gal i am not sure there is much you can do

Billmister is offline Member
    i most def know who is on and not at my gym... here are the "Symtoms"

1-after EVERY SET of turning bright red of pushing, they stare at that muscle part for a long while

2-If their wearing tang tops, upper back and shoulders have a lot of zits on them.

3-after the persons first set, keeps looking into the mirror for ever. flexing in between sets, and after.

4-everytime you see the guy, he's slightly bigger than last time.

5-when he joined the gym he was just a wimp now he's about 30lb heavier of pure muslce and always happy.

6-all your buddies are huge and for benching 180 last week your maxing at 225 for 4 reps now.

7-you know he was a freshman when you were a senior yet he's bigger than you and you have been lifting for more.

8-everytime you look at someone who is on aas his arms slighty go outward.

9-bloated face

10-he has bandades on his delts still

11-you see blemishis on his traps, delts

... can't think of anything else

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    Zits on the arms gave me away. But lots of B5, anti-bacterial soap with salicilic acid and benz. peroxide have done wonders.

Iron_body03 is offline New Member
    I think you got to know the person before being able to tell hes juicing or not. When my friends are on a cycle its just obvious to tell simply by the way they act.

Quote Originally Posted by Billmister
    i most def know who is on and not at my gym... here are the "Symtoms"

1-after EVERY SET of turning bright red of pushing, they stare at that muscle part for a long while

2-If their wearing tang tops, upper back and shoulders have a lot of zits on them.

3-after the persons first set, keeps looking into the mirror for ever. flexing in between sets, and after.

4-everytime you see the guy, he's slightly bigger than last time.

5-when he joined the gym he was just a wimp now he's about 30lb heavier of pure muslce and always happy.

6-all your buddies are huge and for benching 180 last week your maxing at 225 for 4 reps now.

7-you know he was a freshman when you were a senior yet he's bigger than you and you have been lifting for more.

8-everytime you look at someone who is on aas his arms slighty go outward.

9-bloated face

10-he has bandades on his delts still

11-you see blemishis on his traps, delts

... can't think of anything else
    I just went through your entire list and I have none of your symptoms. My skin has never looked better.

The only dead give away for me is I'm growing quickly. But then, everyone at works sees me shoveling food all day so when someone questions how I gained weight so quickly everyone says have you ever seen this guy eat?

custom fit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Very easy - look for back and shoulder zits - anyone in the gym has those nice big peperoni ones - they are obviously on and probably dont know too much about anti-es either - tho if your a gal i am not sure there is much you can do
    The sad part is I had something like those when I was all natural. Since I started lifting I had pimples on my back, so much it scared it bad. When I went on, It cleared up, not fully but def a big diff.

I say that only some people really know. I had everyone of my fellow employees ask me if I was on something. After a while I realized it was jealousy on their part, and the only way for them to solidfy their manhood was to delegate insulting remarks. Of course I just shook it off and joked about how I gained 20lbs in 2weeks by eating everything in sight.

Thread Information