talon is offline Senior Member

New Personal Best....I know its not much...but I have to let you guys know!!!

OMG...I wanna start the "gear" soon, but as of now I am natural. I just wanted to let all of my boys here at the site know I just broke a PERSONAL BEST. I have been taking creatine know for about six weeks and 200grms of protein daily. I am 6ft as I said on another post and 22yrs old. I know this isnt much, but I got 225(bench) two sets of 15 then I put up 315, my new record!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes. Put aside all of the talk about steroids etc. on this site, weight lifting has to be the single most rewarding thing in my life and others. I work at a gym, as I left in another post, and to have people come up to me, crying at times, who's lives I have changed and my own is the most rewarding thing in the WORLD. Everyone I have ever met that lifts weights have the highest self-esteem, even if they are over weight, under weight, or at the peek of human performance. I love this stuff soooooo much. CHECK THIS OUT, after my workout tonight and the amazing personal performance, I weighed myself and I was 194 pounds. That is 14 pounds I have put on in the past ten weeks. I know that alot of it is water weight from the creatine, so I got my body fat tested and I am 5.9% now. Though not much, cause some of you guys are at the peek of human performance, weight lifting is the single largest self-esteem builder in the world. As everyone knows it also helps keep you at the peek of mental focus. I am 1 year from getting my BA in Sports science and human performance and I have a 3.59gpa and I made the deans list last summer. Please dont flame this thread, but this is such a good thing. I have met so many people in the world of weightlifting natural or not, it dosnt matter to me I am an adivicate for BOTH. My best friend uses steroids, and he just placed second in the middle weight division at the Space Coast Nationals here in Florida and he also has to be one of the smartest most motivating individual I have met. Some people choose different routes, but WHO CARES, yours goals are your goals and that is something no one on this earth can take from you, I mean no one. No one can play God or make people do things, I just wish I could change even more peoples lives with one of gods blessings, this thing called weightlifting.
    PICS ON A LATER POST A LITTLE DOWN...
    Last edited by talon; 08-19-2003 at 08:06 PM.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Way to go brother! Its post like this that I enjoy reading. Don't worry no one is gonna flame you for shit. Keep training naturally until you plateau; and your results from AS afterwards will be well worth the wait. You sound like your already naturally progressing pretty quickly... Keep it up bro

BDTR is offline Retired
    I agree, its refreshing to read these kinds of posts. Great work indeed, good luck with your progress bro.

That's actually an incredible lift for being drug free. Bro I appreciate your enthusiasm, sounds like you're brining a lot to this board, and otherwise working your ass off at the gym. Great job, I hope to see some sort of pic soon, 194 @ 5.9% is just sick ...Peace

HP

THANK YOU GUYS. Do you see, by your own examples, the positivity, that this stuff brings. All of you so far were very enthusiastic, helpful, and positive about this. You stated what you stated by yourself. So to to the ones who have already replied, you understand me. I have only one wish and that is that everyone would stop the damn BIASED, opinions about certain things in weightlifting(roids, etc.) You only have one life to live and you should always, I mean always live yours to the fullest. You see if "gear" does that for you than I would say,"Ill help you find it." If going natural does it for you then I would say,"One more rep bro." This world would be so much better with out NEGATIVITY. You see a goal is something that everyone should have, it gives you a reason to live and hope. When I am in the weight room, the blood, sweat, tears, soreness, always give me a reason to excel furture, in the room and in life. Another thing I wish is that everyone would comment on this thread, to let other see what I am saying. Once again THANK YOU for your support and very motivating comments. OH AND HERE IS THE PIC FOR THE ONES THAT ASKED....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Personal Best....I know its not much...but I have to let you guys know!!!-talon-side-1.jpg  
    Last edited by talon; 08-25-2003 at 04:39 PM.

instynct999 is offline Junior Member
    great work

stay natural for a while longer as you have a lot more you can do before you go there

Thanks again. Motivation=success...please respond.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    there ya go...shit i know some guys taking juice who cant even do that. it IS a lot of weight...no matter on or not. Congrats!!!

Wow thanks everyone so far for the positive responses. I guess I just know alot of strong people....lol. This is what I am saying, I dont know anything better then the bodybuilding/weightlifting community.

Another quick question. Like I said earlier I have been on the creatine for six weeks. I know this is off topic, but how LONG should I cycle the creatine for? Stop now, eight weeks?, ten weeks?...Thanks

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Nice job bro, that is a very impressive lift for being natural. Like someone posted that is more than some people do who are juicing so be proud. Keep up the hard work. As for the creatine question I run it as long as I'm training hard. When I start to cut back on the lifting then I will cut back on the creatine. An estimate is about 10 weeks on and a couple weeks off but that's only due to how I lift.

Thanks Cata! I just got a new bottle and I think Im going to top out at 10 weeks, take a couple off then try to reload. Hopefully the good luck keeps coming my way.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Way to go bro- thats a huge bench mark.

No one here would flame you for this post.

It's good stuff bro- no BS- i like it.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    That's good, motivation like this will get you through the toughest lifts and the crappiest days!

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    excellent results bro...you have every right to be proud!!! keep up the good work!

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Way to go! You're right...this stuff can be life changing.

135 x 10
    195 x 7
    245 x 3
    275 x 1
    ---325---

the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Bravo!

D

Thank You Bdtr

THANKS BDTR..BRO YOUR THE MAN!!!!! I would like you to post them under this thread if ya can...so everyone can see positivity=success. Thank you again.

Diesel72 is offline Associate Member
    Awesome bro!!!!

Keep up the good work.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Here's talons pics again. Lookin great

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    THANKS BDTR..BRO YOUR THE MAN!!!!! I would like you to post them under this thread if ya can...so everyone can see positivity=success. Thank you again.

Bump BDTR or something to this man, cause he is the shiznet. I love this board...LOL

BDTR is offline Retired
    Heh its no problem man, I dont mind helping whenever i can. Judging by the pics you did all the hard work.

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    You look great..Keep hittin the weights,,,325 is lurking in the shadows for sure. Good job!!!!

325..yes, I would love to hit that, it will happen soon!

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    Awesome Bro!! I wish I was where you are at when I was 22, but that was almost 22 years ago.

Iron_body03 is offline New Member
    Looks good bro, nice to see what some can do staying natural. good job.

Talking

Yes, its all about dedication and hard work.....

Nickleby is offline Junior Member
    I can feel a group hug coming on!!!

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Hell thats a good result.

My best is 330lbs and I've been on gear for some time. I could just never get any stronger with out it. I'm also weighing240lbs myself, a lot more that you so that makes your mark even better! Way to go!

Whats your sqatting like? Mines not great but I'm up at 440lbs for 5

WOW..The Base...that is an awesome squat, no mine dosnt compare at all. My best squat set I would have to say was 335 for a set of six. I usually don go higher than 275 though. Last Spring I was under 315 and the weight belt I had on snapped and I fell forward with the weight pulling my erector spinea muscles on the right side and had some rippage on the other, sadly to say I wound up in the hospital and out of training for weeks. Keep it up though man, you must have some thick quads....

The Base is offline Associate Member
    I'm quite thick all over now. Have done a lot of power lifting and olympic lifting in training so the thickness is all over. My thigh is some 26inches around but I know some guys whose thighs are massive.
    I don't see my squat as being that big, hell there must be some guys on this board doing 660lbs. And probably some guys benching way over 440lbs.

I recommen some cleans, and snatch to strengthen the erector spinae muscles. Start off low weight and gradually increase. Keep the movement strict and technically correct and you will never need a belt.
    I never use wraps or a belt -ever! I just don't see the point. I like to know that my knees and back are strong enough to hold the weight.

But, you are going great, keep at it. I wish I was that strong when I was clean!

Thanks...as of right now I just take it easy. Doing the squats with that weight is giving me good development, plus the leg presses.

Breetai is offline Associate Member
    good work bro

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    edit
    Last edited by Jarod; 08-21-2003 at 05:39 PM.

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    eat good, get plenty of rest and lift like hell bro, keep up the good work
    Last edited by Jarod; 08-20-2003 at 06:21 PM.

djsir007 is offline Associate Member
    Look great and It is always great to hear someone so absolutely HIGH on LIFE. Good Job

web03 is offline Associate Member
    hell of a post bro. Keep up the good work. You look great natural. I def. wouldn't start a cycle right this second with those results and the incredible motivation. KEEP IT UP!

Thanks very much. As I said somewhere in another post, "gear" is a very large plunge for me. I am going to stay natural until I top out. But in a month or so I am going to see where Im at and make these decisions then. Plus, I have only been researching this stuff for 6 weeks, I still feel there is a whole lot to learn. Thanks for the input everyone, so far.
    Last edited by talon; 10-18-2003 at 12:43 AM.

Thread Information