BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member

Injection Abcess?? HELP

Hi,

Injected in my left glute yesterday. It has turned red about 1 inch by 1 inch and a little hard? What can I do? Does this mean the juice didnt get absorbed and I missed an ijection? SHould I make it up?

Will the abcess subside?

Bri

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes a shot can just cause irritation without being infected. I'm no expert at all but I've been told by knowledgeblbe bros that one sure indication of infection is a fever. If I were you I'd check my body temp before getting too worried.

I also believe that if you do have an absess, you're going to need antibiotics or at least to be seen by a doc.

Also, if it's in there it's in there and it's not going to go away, infection or no.

I hope that's helpful. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will come along who can tell you better.

Hey

Some more info. Just woke up and its not as bruised looking and there is no pain involved. It is a bit tender to touch but that is all. Also, I dont have that hard "baseball" feeling that I have heard described in the past.

I do not have a fever. I will wait till the end of the week to determine if it gets worse.

Bri

PS,

I am going to do DELTS from now are. How painful are they? Deca /Test? How much can I go into a DELT? 2ccs of for the first time? I have alot of my pins preloaded so I need to do the 2cc's

Bri

bump

bump

bump

djsir007 is offline Associate Member
    Delts arent too bad, just stay to the back half of your delt. There are alot of veins in the front. 2ml might be alot for your delt, maybe split it up between your two delts or just try to and see how it feels. also try your quad (ive never done the quad so I cant help here). I mainly stick the glutes and it sounds like what you had was normal so you might want to stay there also.

PiC

Here is a pic of how it looks today...Not too bad, no pain, no fever...I think its just a bruise from me being too rough.

pic

Pic Of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Injection Abcess?? HELP-butt.jpg  

djsir007 is offline Associate Member
    make sure you asparate (pull back on the syringe and make sure NO blood comes into it)

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    depending on how sentsitive your skin is, on how easy you bruise. My bro had sensitive skin and he would bruise after injections. I bruise after an injection if I go through a vein. this might have happened to you. the way I can tell I have went through a vein is I feel a stinging effect while inserting the pin in the injection spot then I aspirate and no blood, go ahead an inject, but after I pull out there is a spurt of blood. More than normal.

On the 2cc's in the delt If this is your first delt injection that would be a lot and will be painful. I would stick to quads or glutes. glutes are less painful for me for more than one cc. But, If your really want to hit delts split it up do 1cc in one arm and 1cc in the other.

On the probabiltiy of an abcess, thats probly just an irritation like Johnsomebody stated! I get red irritations when I do 2 or more cc's in the same muscle. especialy if you have no fever and no pain.

Meee is offline Junior Member

Site

Could be the angle of the pic, but looks like shot may have been a little too high there. Just my thoughts. I pretty much go from top of ass crask and then straight out to either side.

Meee

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meee
    Could be the angle of the pic, but looks like shot may have been a little too high there. Just my thoughts. I pretty much go from top of ass crask and then straight out to either side.

Meee
    I had the same thought. Seems a bit too high.

I do glutes and quads 3cc each injection - painwise - I don't feel much difference at all.

Thread Information