tmeoe is offline Associate Member

alcohol, steroids, and dehydration

Do steroids cause you to become dehydrated faster, cause i'm always drinking water. Also the few nights that i have gone out drinking i get drunk much faster than normal, i'm guessing cause i get dehydrated faster, so i was wondering if steroids have anything to do with it or if my tolerance has gone way down since i hardly drink on my cycle?

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I don't know if steroids cause dehydration - need some MDs to respond to that. But, the dehydration from alcohol and alcohol itself affect negatively your system (which is already altered by AS).

This issure has been dicussed here plenty. You can search and find a lot of discussions and specifics.

The general opinion is - when you're on cycle - try to avoid drinking.... when use oral AS - don't drink at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiejay
    I don't know if steroids cause dehydration - need some MDs to respond to that. But, the dehydration from alcohol and alcohol itself affect negatively your system (which is already altered by AS).

This issure has been dicussed here plenty. You can search and find a lot of discussions and specifics.

The general opinion is - when you're on cycle - try to avoid drinking.... when use oral AS - don't drink at all....

I was more curious about steroids causing dehydration, not so much about drinking on a cycle.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    I was more curious about steroids causing dehydration, not so much about drinking on a cycle.
    I can't answer your question about alcohol because I do not drink. But from personal experience, I notice I drink a lot more water and I dehydrate easily while on.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    I haven't heard of AS acutally causing the dehydration, but I've read of some worded "less water retention" now, to me that could mean it lowers your body water retention, or just means compared to other AS the water retention is lower?... anyways, I'm on a prop/eq/winny cycle right now, and I've noticed a slight dehydration, but it could be becuase it's a low water retention cycle. Hah... good luck.

MuX

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    you are drinking on a cycle?..............hmmmmmmmmmm not a good idea at all i think. Watch yourself u dont want to destory your liver.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I dont think gear causes it, maybe you just thought you were drunk. Take it easy on your self.

From what i've read drinking a couple beers while on injectables isn't that bad, but i haven't been drinking much on my cycle anyway its just when i do drink i get drunk faster than i did before i started my cycle. I spend less money now . I'm thirsty all day though so i think the AAS have something to do with it.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    DIff steroids do diff. things when it comes to water retention...if its something that raises body temp. of course more water will be expended. If its D-bol more water will be stored in the body. Others can cause the dispersion of water from the body. Drinking and AS use is not a wise choice conidering the strain on your liver/kidneys. So you say your drinking more water, your kidneys are doing twice the work....add in filtration of alcohol and your setting your self up for some future problems. Lastly, if your kidneys are doing double the work due to AS of course it will take your system longer to filter the alcohol. Instead of a beer being processed in 1 hour by most normal bodies it may take 1.5 hours to do this same process. So tolerence may shoot down do to your use. Ask a real doc im just in Pre-Med.

djsir007 is offline Associate Member
    I would say that it is probably because you dont drink as much while you are on and your tolerence is down. I would definitely stay away from the alchohol and orals. And minimize the drinking while on anything. The carbs and sugars in alchohol are a bitch.

Thread Information