D1N1SKA is offline Junior Member

Exclamation AVODART vs. PROPECIA (RE: hair loss)

Avodart/Dutasteride vs. Propecia/Finasteride

(1) I heard that there is this NEW drug called Avodart and it works better then Propecia for hair loss. Does anyone know if its true? I would love to hear users’ feedback.

(2) I understand both drugs work to block the enzyme 5 alpha reductase which reduces the level of DHT. I’m not sure but I have a feeling that they mess with your testosterone . My question to someone who is more knowledgeable about this matter is this; will those hair loss medications weaken effects of my gear? Is it better to take them while you are off gear? Please let me know and if possible explain.

Thanks a million,
    D

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I don't know the science behind it but avodart blocks DHT via both pathways, propecia only blocks one...

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Bump

I suspect that it will not affect testosterone . DHT is not one of the main hormones regulated by the hypothalamus. It is just a derivative of testosterone. But please remember, I have no evidence to support this claim so please do not hold it as fact.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Dutasteride blocks dht conversion at both type 1 and 2 5-alpha reductase enzymes, where are proscar only blocks at type 2. I am not 100% sure or not if reducing the amount conversion from testosterone to dht will simply reduce hairloss or cause some loss of gains, I know dht is about 4 x stronger than testosterone. What bill R recomends is that we keep levels of dht in the body regulated, to what they would be at normal hormone level, so using it with a test cycle would be beneficial as we dont raise dht, so it cant bind to the hair follicles. So on a test cycle, you could take it, i wouldnt take it without test, as it would have some effect on mood, sex drive and training strength by lowering normal levels of dht in the body

peace

D1N1SKA is offline Junior Member
    So neither Dutasteride nor Propecia will lessen the effect of gear? That’s a great news, if its really the case.

Very interesting. Anyone else?

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i would say not bro, from all my research, i would say its a big misconception. As said dht levels should be kept whatever normal level is, so use of them during cycle would help normalise that as cycling test will raise dht

peace

Thread Information