alpineslide is offline Junior Member

asked a source for references...got this

I asked a source for some references and got this for a response.
    He seems to dislike mod's. I thought I'd post this on a few boards to see what others thought of his response. Although the guy does make a case to justify his thoughts, the mod's that I've had correspondence with seemed to be helpful, knowledgeable, and all around good guys. Personally I think the mods are very beneficial to the various boards and don't want any of them to take offense to my posting this response from a potential source who I will not name on the open board....those are the rules, right.
    I also edited out the names of four other potential sources in the email.

Here is his response :

Hi,

If you want references, you should go with another source. Nothing personal. I do not give out addresses of any of my clients. I stopped doing that about 6 months ago. I found out that other sources were e-mailing me and asking for references, when in fact they just wanted my customer addresses so that they could e-mail them and try to get their business.

I do not "hang out" or advertise on any boards (except once a month to say the latest month list is out.) I found out a long time ago that moderated boards are nothing but a way to extort free gear from sources. Most sources are willing to pay the price of "favorable bumps", but I will NEVER give ANYONE free gear just so they will say nice things about me. That's extortion plain and simple, and I will NEVER succumb to extortion. You may not believe that's how it works on moderated boards, but I have e-mails from moderators to prove it. Basically, it's pay up or be shut out. I'd rather be shut out.

So, if you are looking for references or favorable bumps from moderators, you are better off finding a source from one of those boards. But I must warn you, ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE, can get praise from a moderator if they pay the dues. And yes, that it includes scammers. That's why every other week a moderator's "proven source" turns bad. They were never proven to begin with. But the moderator doesn't care that 50 guys got taken for $20,000. All they care about is that they got their free gear. I hate that system. Don't believe me? hand out on one of the boards for 3 weeks. Write down all the names that the moderators back or bump. Wait 2 more weeks and tell me how many of those sources disappeared with people's money.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good sources on those boards. *******, *****, ******, and **** to name a few. They have been around a while and have proven themselves. But the whole "moderator-bump" scam is nothing but extortion. Maybe the guys listed above are willing to pay their "dues", but I'm not. I won't even get into my suspicion that moderators are involved and get a cut in these "rotating scammers". I don't have proof of that.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I guess the way the system works pisses me off and makes me go off on tangents. Sorry about that. You might be better off going to one of those boards if you need moderator references. Just be careful when choosing a source. Make sure the guy has been selling there for at least 6 months before sending him any money. That seems to be the normal duration of these moderator bumped scams. After 6 months, the source is probably legit. Hope this helps. Just be careful out there

BDTR is offline Retired
    That's really shady as hell and i absolutely wouldn't deal with him in any manner.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have never taken free gear from any source. I am sure some do but I have never seen a good source who didn't provide any gifts have trouble doing business or giving references. I would be very wary of a source who refused to give any kind of a reference.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Hell yeah that's shady. Hell, I do a few background checks for some of the guys on this board when they come askin for me. Every single one of the guys I email is willing to send me a reference list.

depdaddy is offline Member
    thats bullshit..someone has to back up a source

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I contacted this guy too a couple of days ago (The second pargraph is cut and paste of his response to me.

on the board where he posts his new list - there's a bunch of responses - both positive and negative about him

it spook me off a bit - how open he is about posting his prices... (I'm pretty sure that's the same guy)

Please, don't ask me about the link to that board - as I stated im my earlier post - I think this board is a scam - 3 sources that responded are listed on scammers' list - thus, I will not be the one to give it.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    lots of new bros would fall for this. glad you posted it and shared with everyone. not saying he is a scammer, but i would not do any business with him personally. there is a reason why your name needs to be known with mods...too many scammers.

peace,

ttgb

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    thats bullshit..someone has to back up a source
    I feel that....

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    tell him to stick his "gear"up his ass

P.T.P is offline Junior Member
    He needs Mods to run business, without them we wouldnt be here!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I know of a top notch source that will not give references and has no more than a token presence on any boards I know of. I was referred to him via a board member.

Think about it from an objective point of view. Why should he send you a reference list? You should be referred to him via someone you trust and then ask others about him. If people you trust think highly of him you are good to go.

I hope no source I may or may not have used in the past ever gives out my name or any other personal info. That is information for you to give out, not for someone to give out on your behalf. How would you feel if someone phone you up out of the blue and was like 'hey man, I'm thinking of pickin up an ounce of bud from so-and-so( your guy ), is his shit any good?'.

Just my opinion. Maybe it's warped...I dunno.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    WTF?!?! Where is my free gear??? I would sell Dbol to a 12 year old if I could get some personal rewards from it...

BTW - I am totally kidding, this guy is an example of someone who does not get along well in society - the "everyone-is-out-to-get-me-complex."

Examine the fact that he wrote you such a long personal e-mail... did you mention you were looking to buy 5000 USD on GH or something? He may be good to go but from my experience, valid sources spend little time typing up long complaint letters (or verbose e-mals for that matter) and more time worried about making sure your gear gets to it's destination. This guy seems to be caught up in something... if you choose to give him a try... personally... I would at least wait a few months to allow him to cool off...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineslide
    I asked a source for some references and got this

Here is his response :

I do not "hang out" or advertise on any boards (except once a month to say the latest month list is out.) I found out a long time ago that moderated boards are nothing but a way to extort free gear from sources. Most sources are willing to pay the price of "favorable bumps", but I will NEVER give ANYONE free gear just so they will say nice things about me. That's extortion plain and simple, and I will NEVER succumb to extortion. You may not believe that's how it works on moderated boards, but I have e-mails from moderators to prove it. Basically, it's pay up or be shut out. I'd rather be shut out.

there
    This guy does not know how to do business. For 1: Why say every month that the month list is out??? Think people would know by now that his list is out every month? For 2: Most sources are willing to pay the price for a favorable bump.... I HOPE SO. That is SMART BUSINESS.
    Fuck. When someone gives me a shit load of jobs for my business, you better fucking believe I kick that person down with BEST BUY GIFT CERTIFICATES. Olive Garden dinner coupons, etc. I dont have to, but it lets them know I am appreciative of them thinking of me first.
    For 3: He'd rather be shut out? Thats a good attitude to have with a business. This guy is an idiot whether he be legit or not.

hawk9603 is offline Junior Member
    guy sounds shady as hell

dutch windmill is offline Associate Member
    Hmm pretty weird if you ask me...but the guy has some good points to be honest..

D.W.

The Base is offline Associate Member
    I'm just so glad that my sources over here are sound as a pound.

The guy I'm getting my gear from now knows his shit and gets me some wicked prices.
    I feel for you guys in the states, you got it bad over there!

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Hmm,

I think bermich got it right. There are many things wrong with his business policy that just do not make sense. Another one that he failed to mention though is, why would he feel so badly about extortion but does not care that he is selling illegal drugs? What type of twisted morality is that? I'll tell you what kind: a lying one.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    interesting.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    That shady shit man, fuck that.......Its one thing to trust sending thousands of dollars to a complete stranger, but its completely different thing sending thousands of dollars to a shady mother fucker....

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    My main source has quite a few refs, but i've also ordered from a few people who have none at all.

mammoth is offline Member
    Did a Vet or a Mod send you to this guy or was this a unsolicited source? If a Vet or a Mod were to refer you to this source then I would say this guy might be valid. If you received an email from this guy without asking for one then I would defintely steer clear. If you saw his post on a board and emailed him then I would ask some of the mods and vets on that boards about the legitimacy of this source. For the simple fact that this guy is un-willing to put your mind at ease, I would definitely stay away.

There are too many available good ones to take a risk on ones that aren't trusted by the boards as a whole. If you stick around long enough you will see who the "golden" sources are.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    too be honest, EVERY mainline source I have EVER dealt with can provide refs - or they are honest and tell me that they dont have any because they are new - I dont mind that, since everyone has to start out.

I also dont look for customers who no-one has heard of to ref them - they could easily be made up - reason the mod system works is that most mods, especially of larger boards, are not willing to put their name on anything unless they feel it wont burn them - I know of some HUGE wholesale sources, and at that level, they need my refs and I need theirs to do biz, this is all a biz of trust.

I have taken some gear to try from a few sources and makers - I ALWAYS give my opinion on it like I see it. Some sources I have heard others say they got delivered so when someone asks I say so. I know of one source in particular in the UK who I knew well and owed a lot to (not $$$) - but when I kept hearing that there were problems - I steered everyone away from him that I could - because frankly my name is important to me.

Bottom line - this guy is BS - dollars to dougnuts he will end up scamming. There is no need to give anything to a mod to get his ref that you are legit - I have wannabe's coming to me every week to tell me that they want to start - I tell them if I see that they are delivering, I will tell that to anyone who asks. The guy is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth
    Did a Vet or a Mod send you to this guy or was this a unsolicited source? If a Vet or a Mod were to refer you to this source then I would say this guy might be valid. If you received an email from this guy without asking for one then I would defintely steer clear. If you saw his post on a board and emailed him then I would ask some of the mods and vets on that boards about the legitimacy of this source. For the simple fact that this guy is un-willing to put your mind at ease, I would definitely stay away.

There are too many available good ones to take a risk on ones that aren't trusted by the boards as a whole. If you stick around long enough you will see who the "golden" sources are.
    That is a very unusual board - it's just like this one, except you don't have to regiter at all to post - and the sources openly post their price lists and contact information. - then you contact the source - I don't think it's regulated at all and I didn't see any MODs on that board.

People also post their experiences with different sources.

I noticed some of the messages dated 2002 - so, it's been out there for a while.

Anyway, this guy sent me his price list and it's a bit too expensive.... and he also says he has to "rebottle" some of the stuff .... whatever that means.........

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiejay
    Anyway, this guy sent me his price list and it's a bit too expensive.... and he also says he has to "rebottle" some of the stuff .... whatever that means.........

"rebottle"??? that means you probably don't want ANY of his stuff IMO. I like breaking the seals and haveing the original box. Maybe I am too picky...? My body means too much to me to take chances like that.

JMHO

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    "rebottle"??? that means you probably don't want ANY of his stuff IMO. I like breaking the seals and haveing the original box. Maybe I am too picky...? My body means too much to me to take chances like that.

JMHO

peace,

ttgb
    Absolutely,
    if it's not factory sealed - I'm not shooting that in my body.

I was actually thinking more of him selling some home made gear..... that's what I though he means by "rebottle"

as I said - 3 other sources that post there are listed on the scammers list with getswole.com

and some of the prices there are Way to good to be true - Like norma deca 200/2 @ $3 ----- but then you'll see a response """this is a scammer...."""""

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Side note: I know that extortion is a man made law, and my point was that USUALLY, if people follow one law in a general area, they usually follow them all(illegal selling and extortion in the area of business).

Also, the only reason I was commenting was that the "source" made such an effort to say that he would never commit extortion,-"I will never succumb to extortion"- like it was the worst of all sins. I do not know many people with this type of thinking and morality, and that's why I thought that he is making it up to get more sales. And I wouldn't trust a source if they were trying to get more sales. Legitimate sources have enough business.

That's all SG.

This guy also says this (part of the email message with price list):

"Since I have plenty of customers, I do not advertise on any boards. If you list my name, ask about me, or in any way put my name on a public board, then you will be cut off and I will do everything in my power to make sure nobody else sells to you. The bottom line is this: If you post my name, you endanger me, and that makes me angry. You may only post about me if I am the one who started the thread."

It's interesting he says that - ( do not advertise on any boards) - I found his ad on the board with a price list and contact info.

lol

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Forget about it and move on with your search....Everything is out there and its not worth stressing about, just to save some money or get your gear ASAP!

L8

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Say fuck you, then find another source.

MR.BICEPS is offline Junior Member
    Its one of those deals you'll never know for sure until you order.

A good long term source should be in good with the mods. If hes not in good with the mods he could go scammer any day. At least thats my way of looking at it.

Thread Information