steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member

newbie, 1st cyle, 1st post

Allright guys, my first post. I have been a member a the WBB forum for about 18 months, found a link to this site and haven't been back, they have a cool site, but you guys are HARDCORE . Heres my stats, 28 years old, 190 lbs +/-, diet is in check, been lifting for about 5 years,( the last two I have been doing it right ), BF 10-12%. I am going to start my first cycle, have looked at the educational forum, and seen amny different first cylces, looking for some constructive critisism. I am looking to gain size, maintain vascularity (if possible) and have an easy to follow first cycle. I am considering:
    12 week cycle
    1-4 dbol 30 mg ed
    1-12 test cyp 400 mg week Tuesday/Thursday split ???
    after 2 weeks:
    clomid 300 mg 1st day
    100 mg next 10 days
    50mg last 10 days

Also, have seen some people run nolva from day 1 to offset gyno, is this reccomended? If so how much? I have always heard you should have it on hand if symtoms start, what would you recomend? How much should I have on hand, and what would be an appropriate dose if gyno started to appear? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. D

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your cycle looks simple and well thought out. Personally at your age I would run .5mg of Liquidex from the beginning of the cycle to limit estrogen conversion and keep the nolvadex on hand in case. You can throw the Nolvadex in at the end of the cycle and PCT to help with recovery.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Great job planning out your cycle. Good to see someone running a test cycle for their first ine too. Rickson gave you solid advice anti-e's and PCT. The only thing I would change in the injection days. I would go Monday Thursday.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Your cycle looks simple and well thought out. Personally at your age I would run .5mg of Liquidex from the beginning of the cycle to limit estrogen conversion and keep the nolvadex on hand in case. You can throw the Nolvadex in at the end of the cycle and PCT to help with recovery.

Rickson,
    Correct me if I am wrong bro, but isn't liquidex the liquid version of arimidex , this being the case I thought arimidex prevented estrogen conversion. So why would nolva need to be ran in a cycle with liquidex?
    Im just curious bro, your a smart guy so i wanted your input on this.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    If you can't get the ldex, opinions differ on whether or not to run nolvadex throughout.

One line of thinking is don't take any chances with gyno and take 10-20mg per day the whole cycle.

The other line is that the anti-e could possibly hinder some of your gains during the cycle.

All I can give is my opinion. I have not taken them throughout my cycle. Always have them on hand, but only as precautionary. I have never had any gyno symptons either. My buddy starting getting the sensitive nips about week 3 and had to start taking his nolvadex throughout the remainder of his cycle. Keep in mind we were doing the same cycle. So, case in point, everybody is different. Do what you feel is best for your body and listen to your body the entire time.

Just my .02 - hope it helps.

peace and have fun growing!!

ttgb

Thanks all for the quick replies. How much nolva should I have on hand, just in case? Also, what is the best way to take nolva, if I have problems (day, time, method)?

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    Thanks all for the quick replies. How much nolva should I have on hand, just in case? Also, what is the best way to take nolva, if I have problems (day, time, method)?
    20mg (Nolv.) a day should do you right STEADY...good luck and thanks for researching before putting up an under-educated post....

I ahve also considered swapping the dbol for deca , would this be reccommended? If so what type of dose and for how long? Thanks!

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Dam u researched your cycle out nicely bro.
    Keep nolv. handy 20 mg a day

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I ahve also considered swapping the dbol for deca, would this be reccommended? If so what type of dose and for how long? Thanks!
    Dbol and Deca used for different reasons and they are very complimentary.

Dbol gives you instant strength - which would maximize the results you'll get from test when it kicks in.

Deca gives you long lasting quality muscles and eases your joints.

I"d personally add deca instead of swapping it for dbol
    (My cycle dbol/test/deca)

Again, it all depends on your goals

Sweet advice RJ, but if you had a choice which would you use? I want to gain mass, but keep some definition if possible. Anybody else have an opinion on running nolva straight thru?

toolman is offline Banned
    Sweet advice RJ, but if you had a choice which would you use? I want to gain mass, but keep some definition if possible. Anybody else have an opinion on running nolva straight thru?
    Most of us will tell you to run Nolva straight through. It keeps water bloat down and prevents gyno. It's a no brainer.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Most of us will tell you to run Nolva straight through. It keeps water bloat down and prevents gyno. It's a no brainer.
    Yup, definantly....this is what Im doing for my 1rst...good luck bro....

Rookiejay, would taking test/deca /d-bol be a litlle much for a first cycle? thanks everyone for the advice on the nolva, I am going to run it straight thru.

Forgot to throw this in, what would be a good run of deca in my cycle (weeks, quantity, eod,ed?etc.) this is the first time I have thought to include it.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    I'm don't think you need Deca for the first time if you are running testosterone already.

Rookiejay, would taking test/deca/d-bol be a litlle much for a first cycle? thanks everyone for the advice on the nolva, I am going to run it straight thru.
    I personally think dbol /test/deca is a great first cycle. However, many people (rightfully) will suggest a test only or dbol/test for a first cycle.

It's up to you to chose, based on your goals. - here are some summary thoughts regarding these cycles (Keep in mind - people react differently)

Test only cycle - great for bulk up. Gives you an idea how your system responds to this particular AS (it's important to know, since Test is a base for any cycle)

Test and Deca - You might (I repeat "only might") sacrifice some massive fast bulk up (a few pounds) - however, you'll add some more long lasting quality muscle - you will lose less muscle in between the cycles. (your long term - after cycle - results will be better)

Adding Dbol (to either cycle) - gives you "instant" power to maximize your results. (think of it this way - by the time test or deca kick in, you're already at full gear - thus, you get better quality results from your test or deca)

I hope this helps.

Jay

Forgot to throw this in, what would be a good run of deca in my cycle (weeks, quantity, eod,ed?etc.) this is the first time I have thought to include it.
    Deca is a long lasting e. Leally long....... (maybe that's why some people think of deca not to be as effective as it really is.) - It's one of those things - it takes longer to make something out of it - but, once you make it ----- IT LASTS.

It takes 3 to 4 weeks for deca to kick in and up to 6 weeks to saturate your system. As a result, most people say - running deca under 8 weeks is a waste. (even if you running it for 8 weeks - you have only 2 productive weeks after it's fully sturated)

I personally think - the first cycle should not exceed 12 weeks (there are many reasons for that, we've discussed in the previous threads)

Therefore, IMO dbol /test/deca 10 to 12 weeks is a great starting cycle.

Thread Information