LOCKDOWN is offline Banned

Just got back from the doctor and he said

I went to the doc today for my shin splints.

Of course he asked if I was on any performance inhancing horomones/medications (he was being careful about using the term roids) and I said yes.

He made me drop my pants, checked out my nuts and is like "You know your nuts are about 60% the size they should be for someone your age, this is major side effect you may never recover from."

Now normally I would respect this... but they always shrink that small and they always recover. So I called BS on that one.

Next I told him I was coming off in a few weeks and he goes, "Good, great! Just stop now." I tell him Im waiting for my Clomids, HCG and Novladexs for my post cycle therapy .

He says, "Dont bother with any of those, all just wastes of money and will no absolutely nothing to help you recover from your usage." WTF?!

He OBVIOUSLY seemed bias to my usage, but their cant be any truth to this can there?

BDTR is offline Retired
    You'll find most General practioners know almost nothing about steroid use , sometimes less than the average newbie.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Well,
    Granted a Doc would most of the time try to steer you away from AAS, They do in fact have very dangerous side effects, so yes, there can in fact be truth to the nut part. It can also cause infertility which to anyone wanting to be a family man later in life, is a serious situation. There are a number of serious side effects that most people dont experience, however it is no guarantee that you wont...listen to what your body tells you bro.

"listen to what your body tells you bro."

-Best advice Ive heard in long time.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    I have read some where the clomid is bs. I can not remember the book so i have nothing to back this up at this point but i will dig around and look

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    call your endocrinologist or find one and ask him. like bdtr said, most doc's don't know squat about gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    I have read some where the clomid is bs. I can not remember the book so i have nothing to back this up at this point but i will dig around and look

CLOMID - THE BIG LIE
    Like everyone else who has ever read a single steroid book on the proper use of anabolics, I used to include Clomid after each cycle. It was the responsible thing to do. So they say.

But there was just one little problem with this procedure. It seemed to make the recovery and the return of libido, testicular size, and normal testosterone levels WORSE instead of better. How can this be? Maybe I was just a weird exception to the rule. One doctor suggested I might have some bizarre feedback loop that gave the drug its negative effects. Maybe I was crazy...

Maybe not!

Nelson showed me in "Clomid - The Big Lie" the simple truth of the matter -- which is this: the thinking on Clomid is based on some very sketchy evidence which has been parroted endlessly in the bodybuilding community.

this is a brief insert from the book BottomLine Bodybuilding it is around 40 bucks. so what is the deal with clomid

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm not a big fan of most of nelsons theories at all, his cycles or "natural" pct. Without clomid, i lose EVERYTHING.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Using anabolic -androgenic steroids on athletes is not mainstream and there are virtually no studies/abstracts on it (BTW - I have the endocrinology database hyperlinked in my sig file)... all the current info is gathered form users and private studies. Its a very good possibility that 80-90 percent of the members at AnabolicReview know more about AAS as a performance enhancer than a family doctor does.

talon is offline Senior Member

Talking

Bump for Clomid and HCG ...sorry I had to...LOL
    Really though, I have a few friends which use Clomid post cycle and have always had wonderful results. They kept there gains and got there testicle size back, some even had a strong return of there libido.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I am on day 16 of my Clomid theropy, and LOVE what it's doing for me....
    I'm keeping my muscle and my sex drive is definately way up.

D

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    chalk it up for another ignorant doc

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Doctors remind me of Car dealers. They only tell you what they want to tell you. If you ask a question outside of their general opinion, it is pointless. They always steer you back to the road they wanna take you on.
    Of course there are some excellent doctors who will take the time to explain everything you need to know but, most of my experiences:
    Sure it is best to give advice that will lead away from potential dangers but man is not like that.
    We will still do what we are warned against to obtain the potential quick rewards.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Using anabolic-androgenic steroids on athletes is not mainstream and there are virtually no studies/abstracts on it (BTW - I have the endocrinology database hyperlinked in my sig file)... all the current info is gathered form users and private studies. Its a very good possibility that 80-90 percent of the members at AnabolicReview know more about AAS as a performance enhancer than a family doctor does.
    This is a very bold statement – most of the public media will discard it with a sarcastic laughter.

However, after reading what “experts” say about AS in steroid abuse publications – I’d go even further by saying that many members on AR board know more about psychological and physiological aspects of AAS than an average family doctor.

I LIKE STEROIDS . Steroids make me big and strong like a huge bear.

toolman is offline Banned
    You guys are all missing the point with this Doc. The man went in complaining of shin splints and the doc has him drop his drawers and checks his nuts?!!? Am I the only one that things that is odd? Last time I had shin splints, they weren't up in my testicles.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Doctors remind me of Car dealers
    On behalf of all used car salesman, I am deeply offended!!

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    You guys are all missing the point with this Doc. The man went in complaining of shin splints and the doc has him drop his drawers and checks his nuts?!!? Am I the only one that things that is odd? Last time I had shin splints, they weren't up in my testicles.
    My understanding -- lockdown only talks about a part of the doc's visit - which was relevant to AS use. Thus, the responses were to that point only --- I'm sure the visit was not limited to just dropping pants and checking out the nuts....

Actually... since you brought that up...

He actually atributed my shin splits to my AS usage. He said because my calve muscles had gotten so big, that when I run they engorge with so much blood that it causes the pulling/tearing away from the bone associated with shin splits.

He said if they were their normal size that the splits wouldnt be a problem...

He said that once I stop using my calves should shrink and go back to normal. I called BS on this one too since I've had shin splits my whole life... way before my AS usage.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I LIKE STEROIDS. Steroids make me big and strong like a huge bear.

i get an inflamation on the outer portions of my shins but from what i have reed it is not shin splints but from all the exploded views i have looked at it also is in an area that i can find no names for the muscle confg. so i am lost i get 3 bands of inflamation on the lower outside of my shins about 2 to 3 inches above my ankle bone any ideas i see a doc on sept 8th i hope to find out what it is they are on both ankles

ENraged, sounds like what I had going on. It's shin splints bro, just gotta work through them. Take some Motrin/Ibuprofin to cut down on the swelling, that's about all you can do.

ross3814 is offline Member
    Good Call Bermich

Me personally: The only reason I go to see the doc is in hopes that I can toss my junk out of my pants and have him fondle my nuts. I tell him there is a small lump on one of my balls. There really isnt, but I like the fact that he tries his hardest to find it. That is true dedication to the medical field.

I think it is fucked up that the DOCS advice is to tell you not to use your calve. WTF. Are you just supposed to walk around all the time? Just cause the doc is not physcially active does not mean other people should be inactive.
    This doc is pissing me off. Im gonna inject his jugular with 4ccs of Ethenate just because.

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Me personally: The only reason I go to see the doc is in hopes that I can toss my junk out of my pants and have him fondle my nuts. I tell him there is a small lump on one of my balls. There really isnt, but I like the fact that he tries his hardest to find it. That is true dedication to the medical field.

I think it is fucked up that the DOCS advice is to tell you not to use your calve. WTF. Are you just supposed to walk around all the time? Just cause the doc is not physcially active does not mean other people should be inactive.
    This doc is pissing me off. Im gonna inject his jugular with 4ccs of Ethenate just because.
    Oh yeah my primary care physician is a real winner. The type that tries and slip a cold one into my hole eventhough I came with a cough. A 300 lb lady with a chip on her shoulder that told me I should take better care of myself. Why? because I was sick for 3 months, gained ten lbs and my blood pressure went from 120/80 to 130/80, resting heart rate from 56 to 65. Well, try being bed ridden for 90 days and see how much you gain I said. What I was thinking was, this B*tch looks at a cheesburger and gains ten lbs.

my point being is that doctors are human, and therfore suffer human flaws such as low self esteem, jealousy, ignorance, self righteousness and most importantly retardation. Take what any human says with a grain of salt, put a little common sense into it and you will figure it out bro. lates

-dr. rc

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I have only met one doctor that i could converse with about AAS intellegently.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    "Clomid - the big lie" --- yeah, right.

The author has obviously never picked up a medical journal, or scanned through with a quick search.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    All you have to do is talk to a bodybuilder pre widespread nolvadex and clomid use and you will understand how important these drugs are to proper recovery.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    Maybe your doctor is gay? lol oh that was good.

There is doc my friend goes to who specializes in AS. He even gives shots in the clinic. Very expensive. He sees mainly high profile people in LA, Hollywood area. It would be wise if you all found someone like that in your town. But hell, most of you bros seem to live in the boonies, I guess finding one doc is tough enough. .

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you might wanna look for a new GP. I never "lead" a doctor. That is, I only give them the necissary info and nothing extra that they may quickly blame the particular ailment on. Doctors are not magicians.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by rxarms
    Maybe your doctor is gay? lol oh that was good.

There is doc my friend goes to who specializes in AS. He even gives shots in the clinic. Very expensive. He sees mainly high profile people in LA, Hollywood area. It would be wise if you all found someone like that in your town. But hell, most of you bros seem to live in the boonies, I guess finding one doc is tough enough. .
    Thats rough.

your shin splints did they have 3 bands spanning from the outside of the leg and accros to the bone man i have tried working through them for years i think alot of it is my size being 250 pounds and have a high bf count. They werent that bad before i gained all this weight

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCKDOWN
    He made me drop my pants, checked out my nuts and is like "You know your nuts are about 60% the size they should be for someone your age, this is major side effect you may never recover from."
    I'd be more concerned with the doc lookin at your nuts than anything else. how the hell does he know that yours are only 60 % of what they should be ?? has he been peeping in your window at night ?? does he fondle little boys ?? everyone's gonads are different sizes.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Using anabolic-androgenic steroids on athletes is not mainstream and there are virtually no studies/abstracts on it (BTW - I have the endocrinology database hyperlinked in my sig file)... all the current info is gathered form users and private studies. Its a very good possibility that 80-90 percent of the members at AnabolicReview know more about AAS as a performance enhancer than a family doctor does.
    Good post warrior. Probably true.

Thread Information