~~~~Fine for smuggling gear????~~~~

Does anyone know the fine/penalty for smuggling gear in from mexico?? Is the fine/penalty less if they believe it is for personal use and not for selling to others?? ~thanks

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    Does anyone know the fine/penalty for smuggling gear in from mexico?? Is the fine/penalty less if they believe it is for personal use and not for selling to others?? ~thanks
    I can tell you I know of a couple of guys taking stuff across the border and there is no way to claim it is for personal stuff. It is the same as bringing an eight ball of coke across and saying it is all for you. Shit is very risky.

Grant is offline Member
    Usually what happens is a $5000 fine but mitigated down to $500 if it looks like for personal use. You would probably get a "Failure to Declare". This is assuming you don't have 20 vials on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Usually what happens is a $5000 fine but mitigated down to $500 if it looks like for personal use. You would probably get a "Failure to Declare". This is assuming you don't have 20 vials on you.
    $500 sounds a bit expensive for a cycle to me...
    better leave it to someone else and pay the extra IMO.

Grant is offline Member
    you are right although most feel they will never get caught and might have saved thousands getting themselves over paying a source

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    you are right although most feel they will never get caught and might have saved thousands getting themselves over paying a source
    I just couldn't see myself running that risk. My friend got off only because he had a savy ass lawyer. There is only so much you could bring across the border at one time and I don't think you could get away going across several times without being noticed. I know the prices are cheap as hell but an online supplier will charge you maybe $50 more a bottle and that just sounds better to me that the sweat one would take walking back with gear on you. Just too risky to take for me.

powr2lift is offline Junior Member
    Probably as in most Illegal practices it depends on who you get caught by. Also depends on how it is packaged and what amount you have. ALOT of packaged supply I would guess would be with an "intent to distribute" may carry a harsher penalty. I dont know though Im not a lawyer. Get caught with a small "box" with some weed, VS. several small packaged baggies...Im sure it wouldnt be far from the same principle..not sure...good question!

thanks guys~~

shorty2big is offline Member
    I got caught with 25 vials of assorted shit. It was a lot of stuff and they didn't even charge for it. However, they did charge me with importation and intent to distribute two other non-AS substances. They didn't even care about the AS.
    S2B

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I know a guy that got caught with $2500 worth (mexi prices). They impounded his car and kept him for about 7 hrs. He paid $500 to get the car back and they let him go...

Grant is offline Member
    as long as it is your first offense, you are in pretty good shape, just don't mix coke and AS

Thread Information