Thread: Deca Only Cycle

RAMMEL is offline Junior Member

Talking Deca Only Cycle

Male, 23 yrs old, 5'11", 172 lbs, approx 16-18% bf

I've just started a Deca only cycle but, before you all start to panic, please read the following (I know its long but I was bored) and give me your opinions.

I've tried a few ill-advised cycles in the past including deca (Norma: possibly counterfeit!), test-cypionate (Goldline: definately counterfeit!) and dianabol (real I think???), all without any Post-cycle therapy!!! All of these cycles were based on 400mg deca per week with any other gear added on top of that.

I put on decent gains but, not surprisingly, lost everything when I stopped taking the juice. Worse still, after the last cycle (1 year ago) I suffered from complete loss of sex drive.

However, after doing a lot of research over the last six months, I've decided to give it another go.

I've changed my source to someone who has been involved in competitive bodybuilding for over 20 yrs (instead of getting it off my daft mates!) and, after checking some pictures of Norma deca on other AR posts, I'm as sure as hell that the gear Ive bought off him is genuine. The packaging and everything looks to be spot on and, to be quite honest, looks a lot more convincing than the last 'Norma deca' that I took (which I now suspect was counterfeit).

I'm planning to take only 200mg of the deca per week for 8 weeks, see how that goes, then maybe up the doseage next cycle (depending how this one goes). The main reasons I'm starting on this low doseage are:

a) I obviously don't want the side effects after my previous experiences.

b) My girl doesnt know I'm on the gear, so I don't want to put rediculous amounts of weight on too quickly. Basically, I want to be able to convince her (and my mates) that I put it on with my strict dieting and workout regime

c) My best mate just finished a 400mg per week course of the same deca, from the same bloke and he went from 182 lbs to about 203 lbs in 8 weeks (21 lbs!!!) and everybody knew exactly what he'd been up to, including his girlfriend who wasn't too happy! My girl's not quite as understanding as his and would beat me to a pulp if I blew up in size like he did. I want to put on some decent gains, but again, I'd like to be able to pass it off as possibly being natural.

Also, after all the research, I've realised how important Post-cycle therapy is, so I've bought some Chlomid which I'm also sure is genuine.
    I'm planning to start taking the chlomid 3 weeks after my last shot of deca. I'm gonna take 300mg on the first day, 100mg for the next 13 days, then 50mg for the next 14 days.
    Does this sound ok for a post-deca chlomid cycle?

I now realise that the most important thing in a cycle is not the gear, the diet or the training, it's the research and planning that you do beforehand.

Please give me any opinions you may have on my cycle plans, especially if I've got something wrong in y planning.

Also, any idea of what type of gains I may experience (including how much size I'll keep) would be greatly appreciated.

If nothing else, let me know of any tried and tested excuses I can use if my girlfriend does find out

Cheers for any help you may have, and thanks for all the advice over the last 6-12 months.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    If anything I'd be scared of a reoccurance of Deca Dick or just your sex drive for that matter. Why take the chance again ???

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would run test in that cycle. Just like KeyMastur said "Why take the chance again".

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Wow, Deca dick. Have fun!!!!

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Ok hold on. If you are really set on doing a Deca only cycle and do not want to use anything else, which I do not recommend by the way, you have to change a few things.

1) You MUST increase the dosage per week. 200mg per week will not do anything for you. Science has shown that when 250mg of testosterone is administred per week, your natural testosterone will be fully suppressed. In other words, you have to take more than 250mg a week in order to produce more than you normally do naturally. So it would be a waste of money if you don't. How much? Well, since you're running it alone, I would say 600mg a week would be adequate. However, if you are super worried about side affects, then go with 400mg a week. Just whatever you do, DO NOT go with 200mg a week.

2) You will not put on lots of weight quickly with deca, that's for sure. And, on a personal level, WHY are you lying to her? Are you trying to impress her? Why are you using at all? I do not care if you answer these questions or not I'm just curious, strictly curious that's all. It's your life and you can do what you want with it.

3) Your third comment, is, in my opinion, ridiculous. You are using steriods but you want to make it look like you're training natural? Does that even make sense? Why not just train natural? Again, this is just something to think about before you start this cycle.

4) Yes, that sounds like a good post-cycle therapy. However, since you are using deca, you might want to get Bromo if you can afford it, to stop some of that progesterone build up. However, I do not know more about this, and you should try to PM a vet or a moderator for this information. Or, simply do a search.

5) Other: Well, some background info, from experiences around the board, it seems that deca will kick in at around week 5 or 6. Therefore, you might want to extend the cycle past 8 weeks, to say 10 weeks long. This way you will be more anabolic for longer.

6) If you still want to try "using roids and looking natural", then just be prepared for your girlfriend, if you feel that she will be really pissed. My best advice is just to tell her THE REAL TRUTH. Why did you use steroids ? Your answer: I wanted to impress you and my friends. I wanted...AND LEAVE NOTHING OUT. That will greatly increase your chances of her understanding than trying to make up a dumb excuse.
    Last edited by WiLLpOwEr; 09-02-2003 at 09:58 AM.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    always use test of some kind as your base. If you want to do a 'simple' cycle, do a test only cycle. if not, your girl will be more pissed because of getting deca dick again and she'll think you aren't attracted to her etc. By the way, sounds like you need to do more research. Do a search on 'deca dick' and see what all appears. Learn as much as you can before jumping into the gear again.

peace,

ttgb

Steve is offline Associate Member
    yeah your girl will be less pissed off if you get some test in your cycle and want sex from her 5 times a day and look like your on gear than if you take deca alone for slow gains and risk not being able to get it up at all, then what would you say to her?? unless you came clean she would think she dont turn you on anymore, the shit has happened to me and its not nice
    Last edited by Steve; 09-02-2003 at 01:13 PM.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    I personally like deca , but your case is an illustration why one should add test.........

Also, if I were you, I'd cut some BF before going on any cycle.....

IMO

Jay

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    The average male only produces 70mg/week of test from what I have read...why are you saying 250mg/wk is what your body produces naturally WillPower? Maybe I am reading it wrong but i know a few people who have had good success on only 250mg/wk test, I know your natural test shuts down, but at 70mg/wk that means each week your getting aroun 130mg more a week. Just curious bro

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    The average male only produces 70mg/week of test from what I have read...why are you saying 250mg/wk is what your body produces naturally WillPower? Maybe I am reading it wrong but i know a few people who have had good success on only 250mg/wk test, I know your natural test shuts down, but at 70mg/wk that means each week your getting aroun 130mg more a week. Just curious bro
    This is my understanding of the natural test vs. geared test.

When you inject 250mg - your test level is not going to be 250mg - it would be much lower. Your next injection it will bring it up a bit, etc. In fact your cycle may not be long enough to saturate the injected test to 250mg. (I'm sure some people can calculate the exact test level, based on the half life and subtracting the diminishing natural test)

I think, that's why it's a bit confusing when comparing natural test level to amount of test injected (which gives you a different test level, but not equal to the amount injected)

Jay

legend is offline Associate Member
    i think by now everyone here knows my stand on deca . but i would also recommend throwing some test in there. it can only help.

sfa2121 is offline New Member
    In my experience with running Deca only at 400mg/wk, it shut down my HPT system, killing my interest in sex and eating. I have since added test and am getting back to normal again. Again, this is just my two cents but it cant hurt you to add some test. Good luck

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    Yeah that's what I'm saying, that the body produces 250mg of testosterone a week. I got this information from a few science articles a while back on the internet, I'm not sure what website exactly. So in essense we are saying the same thing, just at a different value. And no, it does not exactly convert, the testosterone your body produces into a "milligram dosage". But that's what I've read, I'm not saying I'm right, maybe the articles were outdated or the study was flawed. All I know, is that it was on adults from ages 20-25(males). That's all I can tell you, and that's why I suggested he up the dosage.

Upper Canada is offline Junior Member
    RAMMEL
    how is the deca only cycle bro? and how is your package doing? lol.

Seriously...I know it's only been 5 or 6 weeks...but you getting any gains yet?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMMEL
    Worse still, after the last cycle (1 year ago) I suffered from complete loss of sex drive.
    holy shit!!! it made a >complete< recovery, right?

funny how >after< i start my tren , i start reading tons of accounts of steroids messing up sex drive. i mean, i know its suppose to temporarily shut it down, but recently, the way it seems people are typing it, its causing perm problems...=/

-- cb

p.s. yeah, add some test to the cycle. i'm adding prop to my tren cycle asap.

byggern is offline New Member
    5,11 172lbs at 16% fat ??
    you realy don`t need Deca , you need a good diet/training program.

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    i agree with byggern, put on some lbs with diet and training first. but you have to have test if you're gonna run deca . i'd actually reccommend EQ over deca. or just run a test cycle. you should get good gains without a lot of the worries that come with deca.

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    i agree with byggern, put on some lbs with diet and training first. but you have to have test if you're gonna run deca. i'd actually reccommend EQ over deca. or just run a test cycle. you should get good gains without a lot of the worries that come with deca.
    Dude!! this thread is a over year and a half old

BassMuscle

crane is offline Associate Member
    dam dude i just got done reading all that too.

there should be a seperate forum for archives.

i didn't even notice the date. oh well. why is it appearing on the opening page of the forum?

crane is offline Associate Member
    i don't know they should have an archive forum though

i now learn to look at the date first it sucks to read all that and find out it is really old.

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    i didn't even notice the date. oh well. why is it appearing on the opening page of the forum?
    Because you bumped the thread.

BassMuscle

neight is offline New Member
    could someone explain to me why you need to run test with decca,how do you inject both the steroids at the same time or do it different days or what.

start a new thread next time. but, on deca there is no natural test in your body so you need test to make up for that. if you run only deca you can really screw up your body.

jmax is offline Associate Member
    willpower is right. you gotta increase yuor dose. 200 is awaste of time and $$$ . start with 400 then go from there

inevitable is offline Member
    woah.. talk about diggin for posts

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

donmega is offline Associate Member
    Your best bet as far as your girfriend goes is to educate her.

Send her here on these forums and let her learn what steriods really are, what they do, etc... etc...
    Dont hide anything, let her see the risks and the payoffs. Most people will see that the payoff outweighs the risk 10/1 with a proper cycle and proper education.

Oh and a side note:

My gf would probably pay me to go on a deca only cycle because she is getting totally sick and tired of sex 1-3 times a day each and every day from the Test E.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    yeah your girl will be less pissed off if you get some test in your cycle and want sex from her 5 times a day and look like your on gear than if you take deca alone for slow gains and risk not being able to get it up at all, then what would you say to her?? unless you came clean she would think she dont turn you on anymore, the shit has happened to me and its not nice

Lets trade girlfriends on the next cycle cause my GF hates all the sex. 5 Times a day your a lucky dog, I gotta bust out the lotion if I want it 5 times lol

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    yea then when you 2 get into a fight she uses that against you and says
    " your only acting like that becuase of your steroids "!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donmega
    Your best bet as far as your girfriend goes is to educate her.

Send her here on these forums and let her learn what steriods really are, what they do, etc... etc...
    Dont hide anything, let her see the risks and the payoffs. Most people will see that the payoff outweighs the risk 10/1 with a proper cycle and proper education.

I directed my GF to the roid rage thread when it comes to that one.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    tried that..but she won't look..fiesty!!

Screw it , just beat her and blame it on the "Roid Rage " lol

I actually feel somewhat emotional at times while on this deca and test, maybe its the estrogen I dunno, get alot of anxioty attacks too.
    Last edited by donmega; 07-09-2005 at 10:26 AM.

Thread Information