synthetic is offline Associate Member

cholestorol and roids

i heard roids raise your ldl levls up, is this true for all of them?

last time i got tested i had 233 with 39 hdl

i have been eating mostly clean for a month now and am planning another cycle...thinking of......
    deca or fina and test enth

is it ok or should i wait for a blood test where chol levels below 200?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    d-bol made my cholesterol high..or so my doc says anyway. I would get sweaty and real faint for a few minutes every once and a while, and shake like shit

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    d-bol made my cholesterol high..or so my doc says anyway. I would get sweaty and real faint for a few minutes every once and a while, and shake like shit
    ima gonan avoid the liver killers, because im takign accutane already

yea, accutane is the worst pill on your liver, and I have been thru it too bro

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    You can take Nolva @ 10-20mg everyday to help with cholesterol.

Search for SERM for an explaination

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    You can take Nolva @ 10-20mg everyday to help with cholesterol.

Search for SERM for an explaination
    Cool, something new to me..nolva for cholesterol.
    You boys discovered all kinds of new shit the 8 months or so i was gone huh

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    dude, the tane you are on is raising your cholesterol for sure. I would lay off of anything harsh and add fiber to your diet. Your ratio of HDL to LDL is not good at all (if you have normal triglycerides). I would up the cardio (which raises HDL) and take a moderate cycle instead of something crazy.... less animal fats if you can help it. Although everyone is different, if you get older and have to have docs stick a tube in your femoral artery of the leg so they can clear a heart clog you will thank yourself for taking action sooner

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Yeah, diet does play a very large role.

I got tested when I was on AS, and my total cholestoral was 75. That's right, 75, and I was using testosterone suspension , winistrol, and anavar .

So I think the cholesterol issues are largly overstated, but the diet side of it certainly is not.

Slangin Roids is offline Junior Member
    Isn't Estrogen and Cholesterol related?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slangin Roids
    Isn't Estrogen and Cholesterol related?

Yes, Estrogen helps in regulating cholesterol which is why inhibitors such as L-dex and Femara can cause an unstable condition normally wiht heavy use.

Aromasin does not effect cholesterol as it doesn't prevent estrogen conversion, but instead nullifies the binding affinity. It is a inactivator.

Nolva is a SERM , which helps in mimicking liver and bone estrogen and can counter some of the effects on cholesterol that steroids and inhibitors do

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    depending on what your cycle is, cholesterol will be affected at least mildly. the big point of interest is the ratio of ldl:hdl cholesterol. i went for a check up 6 weeks post winstrol cycle and my hdl was 10, ldl 181. 19% chance of dropping dead just walking around.

with that in mind, if you cycle and your cholesterol came back as 90, wouldn't mean a thing if your hdl was 0 and ldl was 90, which is very, very possible.

i would start taking no-flush niacin, 2 grams a day, gugglesterones at 100mg to 200mg a day, some apple pectin, add in 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil daily, up your fibrous vegetables to 6 or more servings daily, and then get your cholesterol checked. if it's good to go (hdl:ldl ratio of 3 or lower) then cycle.

good luck. by the way, with the supplements i mentioned i was able to shift my cholesterol from the #'s stated earlier to 25 hdl, 116 ldl in 4 weeks. my doctor asked me if i had someone else take the test because he's never seen such a huge recovery in such a small time period.

Buschlightcan is offline Associate Member
    Mine goes very high. THat is why i use zocor to keep them at a normal level.

rotty508 is offline Junior Member
    I just found out that my cholesterol is all screwed up. My bad was 194 and my good was only 10 and i had high triglycerides. Now my doc put me on 10mg Crestor and said that all the exercise and diet would not keep this under control because it was one of the inherited types and the fact that i exercise and have a relativly good diet is why it was not much worse. Now i do not tell my doc that i am on or that i even have ever taken AS because of my job i just dont openly tell anyone so i figured someone here could help. I am currently taking
    750mg enan. wk, (on for 10 weeks now)
    900mg deca wk (on 10 weeks now)
    25mg revforvit-b ed (on 4 weeks now, only doing 8 weeks total)
    25mg revforvit ed (on 4 weeks now, only doing 8 weeks total)
    4iu Gh (just started 1 week ago)

Are these really screwing up my levels or did heridity pretty much do it all. I am really screwed up over this i just never expected to have to take something at only age 30 for cholesterol. I tried reading up on it but i got varying opinions just wasnt sure if i should stop the AS all together. I also read that GH is supposed to help but i just started that so i know it had no effect on my test at all. Thanks for any help.

Prot is offline Banned
    No one has ever died from "bad" cholesterol. There is no causal link between cholesterol and heart attack..only an association. There are much better indicators of heart disease, ie C Reactive protein and PHIP and another blood protein which indicate inflammation. The cholesterol "myth" was started by anti fat consumption advocates and has no scientific basis. In fact a high fat diet lowers triglycerides and does not affect cholesterol. The American Heart Association is an unscientific propaganda machine being finally confronted by its false alarm attitude over cholesterol. In fact these same medical organizations advise not checking the cholesterol of people over 75 as higher cholesterol is associated with longer life in this age group.

It is sad that so much information has the public confused as to cholesterol...the medical community and the drug companies love you guys that believe this stuff and purchase products to reduce cholesterol...statin drugs can cause heart attacks and liver damage...in the man time you wil be "healthier". My doctor said " all these things are poisons".. Wise man.

We are all going to die but I'd rather die by my own folly than at the hands of these quacks and the drug companies. Don't worry about cholesterol, eat a high fat diet, avoid processed carbohydrates, take your vitamins, say your prayers, have lots of sex..do not drink alcohol.

Thread Information