gino_slayer is offline Associate Member

canadian steroid laws

what are they... i know its legal to use but to what extent... do you get a fine or anything... what about selling?

just wondring cause i live in Toronto and i really have no ida how the cops look at that kind of thing

paulastone is offline Member
    Found this for you on another board

How many times did you hear about "this and that is OTC, just ask the clerk", "AAS are no big deal here". Well, for any rumour, there's some truth inside. So let’s take a look at the Canadian schedule system and the offences according to the Controlled Drugs and Sbstances Act S.C. 1996, c. 19

Schedule I:

- Opium Poppy, its preparations, derivatives, alkaloids ans salts (hydrocodone, oxycodine, codeine)
    - Cocaine
    - Methadone
    - GHB
    - Poppy seeds are excluded

Punishment:

“(3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule I
    (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years; or
    (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable
    (i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and
    (ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.”

Schedule II

- Cannabis and its derivatives

Punishment::

(4) Subject to subsection (5), every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II
    (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years less a day; or
    (i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and
    (ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

(5) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II in an amount that does not exceed the amount set out for that substance in Schedule VIII is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both.

Schedule III
    - Amphetamines
    - Mescaline

Punishment:
    (6) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule III
    (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years; or
    (ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

Schedule IV
    - Barbiturates
    - Benzodiazepines
    - ANABOLIC STEROIDS

Punishment:
    (iv) to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months, where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule IV; or

Schedule V
    - Phenylpropanolamine

Schedule VI
    - Ephedrine
    - Pseudoephedrine

Schedule VII
    - Cannabis resin 3 kg and under
    - Cannabis 3 kg and under

Schedule VIII
    - Cannabis resin 1g and under
    - Cannabis 30 g and under

Punishement for these is usually a fine not exceeding 1000$

Now according to Health Canada’s guidelines, possession for personal use of any Schedule IV and under, is legal. As long as there’s no intention of trafficking. Also concerning Schedule VII and VIII, cops have their guidelines too. Under 5g they aren’t suppose to do anything unless under circumstances or the use of these substances might cause harm to someone else. Between 5g and 30g of pot, they will seize it and you might get a fine too. But that’s it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now concerning OTC stuff:

Myth: “I can go to a pharmacy and get Tylenol with codeine without being asked a question, it’s OTC “

Fact: Tylenol with Codeine is Schedule I but it can be sold without a script as long as the tabs have 8mg or less of codeine. They can, not SHALL. That means, the pharmacists has the right to ask you why, make you sign a paper with your name and address so this way he has an idea of the frequencies of your purchase. Most pharmacies will do this.

Myth: “B-12 injectable is OTC”

Fact: it’s “ethical”, means they will usually give it you but they could also say No NO and NO !

Myth: “insulin is abpslutely OTC in Canada”

Fact: No it isn’t. Technically it’s a schedule D. What is that ? Health Canada has a schedule system they use to determine if something is OTC, if a script is required, and so on. For example, AAS are schedule G, arimidex /femara/aromasin are schedule F, Insulin schedule D, normal Tylenol OTC, B-12 “ethical”, morphine “narcotic”….. so why can you get Insulin OTC ? From what I’ve been told, it’s been a long tradition among pharmacist to just not bother diabetes patients and just give them what they need. The same can be said for pins, needles.

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member
    thanks bro... im sure that will be useful for many people

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paulastone
    How many times did you hear about "this and that is OTC, just ask the clerk", "AAS are no big deal here". Well, for any rumour, there's some truth inside. So let’s take a look at the Canadian schedule system and the offences according to the Controlled Drugs and Sbstances Act S.C. 1996, c. 19
    This act is very old. The punishments for AS is not true.

Now according to Health Canada’s guidelines, possession for personal use of any Schedule IV and under, is legal. As long as there’s no intention of trafficking.
    This is true...ask anyone who has been caught with AS on them. I have had a friend with S250 on them and the cop looked at it and gave it right back. LB's brother had dbol taken from him and the cops phoned back a few days later and told him he can come pick it up.

Myth: “B-12 injectable is OTC”

Fact: it’s “ethical”, means they will usually give it you but they could also say No NO and NO !
    Bullshit! I buy it OTC with no questions asked. If anyone asks..you've been taking 1000mcg per month for years.

Myth: “insulin is abpslutely OTC in Canada”

Fact: No it isn’t. Technically it’s a schedule D. What is that ? Health Canada has a schedule system they use to determine if something is OTC, if a script is required, and so on. For example, AAS are schedule G, arimidex/femara/aromasin are schedule F, Insulin schedule D, normal Tylenol OTC, B-12 “ethical”, morphine “narcotic”….. so why can you get Insulin OTC ? From what I’ve been told, it’s been a long tradition among pharmacist to just not bother diabetes patients and just give them what they need. The same can be said for pins, needles.
    Bullshit again! My friend and I have bought insulin OTC with no questions asked. As for the not to bother point...it's none of their fucking business...plus anyone in the health field would rather sell you a needle than see you reuse one. There is no long tradition...OTC is OTC...enough said.

shim jahng is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    This act is very old. The punishments for AS is not true.

This is true...ask anyone who has been caught with AS on them. I have had a friend with S250 on them and the cop looked at it and gave it right back. LB's brother had dbol taken from him and the cops phoned back a few days later and told him he can come pick it up.

Bullshit! I buy it OTC with no questions asked. If anyone asks..you've been taking 1000mcg per month for years.

Bullshit again! My friend and I have bought insulin OTC with no questions asked. As for the not to bother point...it's none of their fucking business...plus anyone in the health field would rather sell you a needle than see you reuse one. There is no long tradition...OTC is OTC...enough said.

im confused, is it legal to buy things like nolvadex , and provorin OTC in Canada?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    im confused, is it legal to buy things like nolvadex, and provorin OTC in Canada?
    No. They must be prescribed for you by a doctor.

Good job MBH for dispelling any confusion about legalities of AS in Canada.

blimp is offline New Member
    Was looking for something like this. Thanks.

Found some more info here Canadian Bodybuilding
    Last edited by blimp; 09-21-2008 at 01:21 PM.

High-roller is offline Member
    So what your saying is canada, isn't to hard on the AAS, Unliess you are selling it?

I think they are more worried about the Drugs( Cannabis/coke.ect), and you are coming from Toronto, I think they are more worried about the Killing that go's on down there everyday?

pinhead666 is offline New Member
    LE has a hardon for AAS users in Canada now. Lot's of busts happened. Be careful and get educated.

Mr. Canada
    Last edited by pinhead666; 03-31-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Beaver Tom is offline New Member
    so does that mean you can buy them online from the US or EUO and have them imported? or is there a canadian distributor that you can purches them from?

wt2387 is offline New Member
    Now according to Health Canada’s guidelines, possession for personal use of any Schedule IV and under, is legal.It's not legal to possess any schedule I/II/III drug.You will be arrested and most likely released on an appearance notice or, if you have a history, held for court. As long as there’s no intention of trafficking. Also concerning Schedule VII and VIII, cops have their guidelines too. Under 5g they aren’t suppose to do anything unless under circumstances or the use of these substances might cause harm to someone else.That is a false statement. Sometimes policy plays a part, but I have seen possession charges hold up in court with merely .5g of marijuana. Between 5g and 30g of pot, they will seize it and you might get a fine too. But that’s it.Once again, if it can be articulated that you are trafficking, you will be arrested and charged with PPT. I have also witnessed a trafficking charge hold up in court with appox 16g of marijuana. If not, you will be charged with possession and released on an appearance notice.

You left out the most important part of the CDSA in your post. I'm not trying to flame or be a dick, but the punishment section is the most important part. It's outlined in Sections 4 and 5 of the CDSA. You can look it up online. If you possess any drug from Schedule I/II/III you WILL MOST LIKELY BE CHARGED. AAS are NOT ILLEGAL to possess for personal use in Canada, however, if you are running a cycle that contains multiple compounds for a longer length of time and you have all those compounds on you at the same time it can most likely be articulated that it is not for personal use and you will be charged with PPT. Albeit you will most likely have your charges stayed, it will be after a lengthy court process and you will not get your AAS back until well after the process is complete. On top of that, while you are going through the court process you will be placed on conditions. Most likely including a condition to not possess AAS. You may scoff at this, but on top of that condition you will most likely have a curfew and search conditions. So when the cops show up at 0300 in the AM to check your curfew and they toss your house, if they find the SLIGHTEST amount of AAS or other drug, you get arrested and brought in to see a judge. It doesn't help your case. In any circumstance, just don't get caught with large amounts of AAS on your person or possession. If you must move it and you have large quantities, use your head and figure out a way so that if you did get caught, it wouldnt even be an issue. Remember, the onus is on YOU to prove that its personal use.

super-pump is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High-roller View Post
    So what your saying is canada, isn't to hard on the AAS, Unliess you are selling it?

I think they are more worried about the Drugs( Cannabis/coke.ect), and you are coming from Toronto, I think they are more worried about the Killing that go's on down there everyday?
    high-roller....do you mind if i ask what province you are from and if you know whether or not these laws vary in different provinces?

Ricbry10 is offline New Member
    I am aware that this is a Canadian posting but do NOT purchase anything from Pakistan merchants on Alibaba. I ordered from 2 different merchants and both sent nothing. Scammers.

Palestinian is offline New Member
    Hey Ricbry I have over $ 500 into Western Union I never sent my conformation code yet on Alibaba this guy is from Pakistan a gold member did you use a Gold member

Palestinian is offline New Member
    So the laws states i can possess steroids for personal use, can i import them as well

theboss is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Palestinian View Post
    So the laws states i can possess steroids for personal use, can i import them as well
    you can import them...if customs doesnt get them.

importation is illegal...as is buying and selling..possesion is not illegal

best thing anyone in canada can do is find a reliable domestic source...they are out there, and ship within canada, therefore no worries about customs stealing your gear.

doubledose is offline New Member

Canada

Can someone message me a good source in Canada

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    ^ Yeah for nonsense posts and even more so likely this guy has a good start to these boards. No source talking or asking for a source!

Thread Information