Thread: motivation

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member

motivation

this is in the wrong forum but this is where everybody spends most of their time so i thought i'd post it here.

i have been having some troubles with motivation lately and thought that i could start a thread to help averyone get a little more pumped about bodybuilding and if some are slipping a little hopefully this will allow you to regain a little control.

I'll start it off with two links:

http://www.anabolicfreaks.com/forum...ight=motivation

http://t-mag.com/nation_articles/240tc.jsp

BlocRoc is offline Member
    first link DOESNT work!

But if you want motivation...Chat with some of the over 40 members. I've read threads by those guys and instantly wanted to pound my chest, scream and shout, and get my ass moving!

Thats motivation, when you put your forehead against the tides of nature and time and scream in its face!

Props to all our brothers that push hard and live it up regardless of age....Thats what keeps me going!

KNOWING THAT THERE IS NO LIMIT (AGE OR OTHERWISE) when you have to be OLD (whatever that may be)

L8

Farmer is offline Member
    Just a taste from the T-mag article...

"You want to know what it is we do? We overcome. We're too busy to train, too, but we overcome. We're too busy to prepare healthy meals and eat them five or six times a day, but we overcome. We can't always afford supplements, our genetics aren't perfect, and we don't always feel like going to the gym. Some of us used to be just like you, Bob, but guess what? We've overcome.

"We like to watch 'normal' people like you tell us about how they can't get in shape. We smile and nod sympathetically like we feel your pain, but actually, we're thinking that you're a pathetic piece of shit that needs to grow a spine and join a gym. You smile sheepishly and say that you just can't stay motivated and just can't stand that feeling of being sore. (For some reason you think that admitting your weaknesses somehow justifies them.) We listen to you bitch and moan. We watch you look for the easy way out. Because of people like you, Bob, we never miss a workout.

"You ask us for advice about diet and training and usually we politely offer some guidance, but deep inside we know you won't take our advice. You know that too. We smile and say, 'Hope that helps. Good luck,' but actually we're thinking, 'Boy, it would suck to be you.' We know that 99% of people won't listen to us. Once they hear that it takes hard work, sacrifice and discipline, they stop listening and tune us out.

"We know they wanted us to say that building a great body is easy, but it just isn't. This did not take five minutes a day on a TorsoTrack. We did not get this way in 12 short weeks using a Bowflex and the Suzanne Somers' 'Get Skinny' diet. A good body does not cost five easy payments of $39.95.

I like this thread, I was thinking of creating one for myself awhile back. Something where people could post stuff that I could read when I wasn't really feeling it..I think if people contribute some good stuff here we will have a thread like that for everyone. After reading the T-mag article I got chills and I sum it up with this..."A year from now you'll wish you had started today!"

Peace

Farmer

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Seeing results is the best motivation for me.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Nice...Another source of inspiration is Bill Philips "Body for Life" video. Just check this forum man oh man is there some inspirational material around here....I love it....

Farmer is offline Member
    As I sit at work during break at 7:15 in the evening and heat up and start eating oatmeal and receive all the stares from all the "Bobs" around it relights the fire I have within..I feed off that and I love it.

Peace

Farmer

SMP008 is offline New Member
    watching pumping iron is my motivation

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    I'm low on motivation myself right of now. I'm not on a cycle but I've been lifting seriously for a year now and I see some results but not as much as I'd like.

I was 3/4's through my routine and I was bummed because I thought about how bad my bench sucks and how shitty my chest is compared to the rest of my body.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMP008
    Oh hell yhea and if your heard core "Blood n Guts"......

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    ADAM RAMSEY is motivation enough for all of us.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Getting Big , working out should be all the motivation you Need !!!!!!!!!!!!

EGP? is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMP008
    they have'nt released it on dvd yet, and my old ass vcr is broken! i'm thinking about buying a new one just so i can watch that movie!

ross3814 is offline Member
    Football motivates me. Especially PLAYOFFS!

Wezul is offline Junior Member
    Didnt feel like making my shake, its late... well im drinking it now!

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member
    just gonna bump this to the top with another little blurb i found........

<<I'm starting to slack and need some words of MOTIVATION........ Thanks....... Frank.>>

2005BC. Location - "Og's International Gymnasium and Supplement Emporium."

100 established world-wide - no long term contracts, agent for Drapers' GymwearŠ.

Interruption of a hard set punishable by firing squad.

Two large men stand over the power rack . I suppose those obsessed by numbers might call them middle-aged, but an uneducated guess would place them much younger. Both have impressive physiques: tight, flat stomachs, wide shoulders, great arms, but that isn't the crucial thing. They've finished the hardest workout they've endured in months, and their eyes shine with Life. They have the satisfied smile of men who know they couldn't have given more. One slowly turns to the other:

"Do you remember Frank?"

"Who?"

"Frank, he hung up his belt a few years ago."

"Oh, THAT Frank, what about him? I thought he'd left the area."

"Well, you know we always thought he had potential? I saw him in the supermarket yesterday. He looks 20 years older. He was puffing and wheezing with effort just strolling up and down the aisles. He has a stomach the size of Texas dangling over his trousers and was smoking like a chimney. If he hadn't said hello, I wouldn't have recognized him. He seemed so down about things - hates work, can't get up in the morning, his cholesterol is through the roof. Says he just lives for food and for television now. His wife left him, she couldn't get over how apathetic he was about everything and just vanished one night. He said he kept meaning to come back to train, but couldn't bear the thought of starting at square one again. I asked him why he'd finished. He said his motivation had disappeared. He was missing workouts and one day he realized that it had all slipped too far. Came in again once, but couldn't lift a fraction of the weight he used to. That was that. He walked out - hasn't returned...

"That's a bloody shame"

"I know, but you know what?"

"What's that?"

"It's given me the best motivation I've had in years...."

The sound of deep throated laughter echoes around the Gym.

"Come on, let's invade the bar and get Og to mix us a Tuna Sunrise......."

Train hard Frank - we're with you, be with us....

Og.

Thread Information