Rookiejay is offline Member

Reasons for standing firm agains teenage AAS use --- please, contribute....

To all members under 21 yo - there is no need to be frustrated if the only advice you get - DON'T USE AAS. It's not because people here want to be "cool" or afraid of liabilities. It's because that is the best advice for you.

Experienced users, please post your reasons (personal experiences or knowledge) why kids under 21 shouldn't use AAS.

Please, contribute - I've read good stories here and there - let's put them together for the kids to read and understand why they are advised not to use AAS.

Jay

BDTR is offline Retired
    My personal experience with youth AAS usage... no this isn't a joke or some scare tactic. This was from another post trying to talk some kid out of steroids a while back.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...93&postcount=8

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    I'm 20 and turning 21 in November. I plan on starting my cycle in December. Any recommendations?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Research a lot, start small, single ester test and train hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    My personal experience with youth AAS usage... no this isn't a joke or some scare tactic. This was from another post trying to talk some kid out of steroids a while back.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...93&postcount=8
    That is some fucked up shit man. People say roid rage is a myth but holy shit. That post alone is the prime fucking example never to juice underage.

BDTR is offline Retired
    It wasn't so much the steroids but more the fact that at that age, I wasn't mentally mature enough to mess with my hormonal system.

For your age I don't think you were ready for your size. Like most people who are huge and under 18 get a big head, start fights, cause shit loads of problems.

Some people are different but I know one kid I used to work with and workout with occasionally. He's your typical ripped black angry at the world guy. He's only 19 now but when he was 17 he used to start fights with everyone, getting arrested etc.

He never juiced but he was letting his size get to his head and build a self-destructive ego. He still is the same as before and I don't associate with him anymore because of it.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

kids don't use gear because

if i see one of you 17 year old fuckers up in a club w/ me and you try to flex like you're a hard guy w/ your pre puberty boys i'm gonna jaw you quick and show you what a tough guy you're not. i hate the scrawns on gear that try to act hard once the test kicks in.i've seen dudes 19, 150 lbs, w/ mad gear sides walking around like wannabe tough guys and i'm just waiting for one of them to act up

Executioner is offline Banned
    i'm 17, got some pics up in the section and sometimes i like to flex like i'm hard.. don't appreciate what you said. just cause your older doesn't mean you can walk around like a tough guy, i eat right train hard and keep to myself. i won't reduce myself to talking shit on a message board but man soon enough you'll jaw the wrong 17 year old and get embarrassed.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Thanks for making the point of this thread more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner
    i'm 17, got some pics up in the section and sometimes i like to flex like i'm hard.. don't appreciate what you said. just cause your older doesn't mean you can walk around like a tough guy, i eat right train hard and keep to myself. i won't reduce myself to talking shit on a message board but man soon enough you'll jaw the wrong 17 year old and get embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner
    I think this is what BDTR was pointing out.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I don't agree with younger guys using juice to get girls etc.. but I do make the exception when you got some 18 yr old kid going to a D-1 school on a full ride, then I don't see a problem with them using, mainly because at that level you'll need that extra push to excel...

I agree with 21 for most people but that is not saying that there are people who can start earlier but overall 21 is def. a good set age

There's a thread - good discussion - both sides of the issue

http://69.41.227.42/vbulletin/showth...threadid=64141

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    I think a lot of the younger guys here are taking, some of what could be the most valuble criticism you ever receive, the wrong way. These older mates aren't trying to act hard, they are trying to act safe. Juice or no juice, if you don't have patience you'll never grow or keep gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Time
    I think a lot of the younger guys here are taking, some of what could be the most valuble criticism you ever receive, the wrong way. These older mates aren't trying to act hard, they are trying to act safe. Juice or no juice, if you don't have patience you'll never grow or keep gains.
    Very good point.

There is no "old" guys against "young" guys.

Just pure reasoning.

PS Most of the "old" guys are kids - wait a couple of years - you'll be "old" too and do it safe.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member

One more thing..

Hi Jay,

First, this thread was a very good idea on your part. I thank you for that.

You already know my stance on the issue(for my stance see Jay's link above), but I need to say one more thing.

Please realize, I'm not trying to purposely argue, and I'm not trying to advocate steriods to anyone, regardless of age. I'm simply trying to give my side of the issue in a reasonable and sound way. I hope you understand.

jersey juice is offline Member
    You want a great example... ME! I'm 26 and started juicing at 21... I was on nonstop for the past year and a half "coming off" with only a maintnence dose of 250mg. Well I fucked myself enough for my doc to put me on Hormone Replacement Therapy. Basically for anyone who doesn't know, that's what happens when you supress your HPTA to the point where your body is unable to recover. No doubt having a script for test is/was great, but you start to think about the future, kids all that other sh*t... I didn't want to rely on HRT for the rest of my life so against the will of my doc (who said the longer I was on the more likely fatherhood was out) I started heavy HCG , clomid, nolva, proviron PCT. I am using the nolva and clomid longer than most only because my body needs the extra. I'm going to get blood work done in a few weeks and hope that everything is good. Not for nothing, but you start juicing at 16 or 17, you could be on HRT by the time your 21-22 wondering what you did to fuck yourself up that bad. Please be smart about it, playing with your hormones is no game and staying on too long or using too heavy could blow up in your face. Food for thought, be safe guys!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    There have been some good points and I know there is no magic age. With that said, I would recommened any one under 25 go to their Dr, to see if they have fully devoloped their hormonal system and their growth plates are closed, other wise wait.

It's not all about be big, it's about being healthy.

JohnnyB

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

sorry to offend, but

my point was along the lines of what bdtr was saying.at a young age, no matter how mature you think you are, i don't feel that you are ready to start playing w/ your hormone levels.all good things take hardwork and patience.don't be in a rush.think short term and get short terms results in life.ride out your natural ability for as long as you can.you'll be glad you did

jersey juice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    all good things take hardwork and patience.don't be in a rush.think short term and get short terms results in life.ride out your natural ability for as long as you can.you'll be glad you did
    Now that's smart advise!

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Lets get some facts straight!!!

There will always be someone BIGGER, MEANER, TOUGHER, and crazier than you are!

This has nothing to do with gear. Dont ever think that gear will make you the biggest dog in the junkyard.

I got in a lot of fights and stupid shit when I was around 21, what did I know then???????? SHIT ABOUT SHIT!!

The reason you shouldnt be doing gear is because you dont have your head together at that point!

21 was a while back for me, but I can tell every guy here thats under 21 or thereabouts......

YOU are planning on doing a cycle for the wrong reasons!

Lets not even get into the physiology of AAS usage...Its all in your head....

Stop and think about it!!!

L8

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    There have been some good points and I know there is no magic age. With that said, I would recommened any one under 25 go to their Dr, to see if they have fully devoloped their hormonal system and their growth plates are closed, other wise wait.

It's not all about be big, it's about being healthy.

JohnnyB

GREAT POINT!!!!!!!

realityarts is offline Member
    I agree with the non-use of steroids for under 21. However, IMO, I'd extend that age barrier some... I, for one, had huge amounts of natural testosterone all through my 20s. There is more to say on the age matter, but I don't want to get close to hijacking a thread - so maybe someone else might feel inclined to start one elsewhere(?)

Use your natural juices while you can...

Thread Information