Growth Hormone......wondering How Good It Is

Hey guys not looking into HGH yet but just wondering can any of you share storys of the positives and negatives of taking it and how much you spend on it???? ~~Thanks

BDTR is offline Retired
    positives - energy, good recovery, good for bulking and cutting IMO

The negatives - It makes my bank book very sad

4 bucks an iu

how many IU do you take and how much would someone starting out i weigh 175 but I would not start til I was about 30 but if I am at the same weight how would I need. Would I take it ed eod once a week???? Thanks bdtr as always your a great help

someday is offline Member
    i think normal is somewhere between four and six iu's a day split up....but then again im an idiot.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    By the time your 30 it may go down in price

JohnnyB

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    HGH is one of those odd drugs. First of all, nobody makes actual HGH, it's all synthetic now. It was called HGH when it came from human corpses. That caused all kinds of problems with deseases so they stoped making it that way. You should only take a growth hormone that has the entire 191 amino chain, not all do. Some are at like 190 and 192, the difference is the extra amino tends to increase your likelyhood of side effects such as gyno. Humatrope seems to be a good brand, it's made by Lilly and has the complete 191 amino chain. Price probably won't drop because only a handfull of companies produce it and it's not the cheapest thing in the world to produce. It can cost about $500 for a one month supply. It only has a shelf life of less than a month once it's mixed. Growth horemons tend to come in powder form and have to mixed with water and then injected intra-muscularly (There is a company that was supposed to come out with a transdermal grown hormone). It doesn't stay in your system for more than a matter of hours, so it has to be injected daily. If you start using it before you have stopped growing, you can cause your hypothalamus to slow down or completely stop releasing it's own growth harmone (the hypothalamus controls the release, but the actual chemical comes from the kidneys). Dosing depends on the particular GH you take, but taking too much can be very dangerous and irreversable. Can even considerably lower your lifespan because of enlargement of the heart, liver, kidneys, etc. I believe the first sign of overdoing a GH is enlargement of the feet and hands. The stuff is very potent and you can do serious damage to your internal organs before you see any external changes, so I suggest starting very low and slowing increasing the dosage until you see an effect you're happy with and don't stay on it for more than a month or two. I know a lot of people will say that it's not enough and it's not that bad, but I'd rather be around for 80 years and be thin rather than being around for only 40 years and be huge. How many 7 foot tall old (over 70) men do you see walking the streets. I don't ever remember seeing any.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    IMO, it is worth it if you anny up and spend the money to get plenty...at least 3 month supply. I have put on 10 lbs and dropped 2% bodyfat in 9 weeks on the stuff. My diet and training are very strict too though.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    DBarcelo - considering the short active life of GH, how suppressive can it actually be to endogenous GH secretion? I mean... if you were to take at times when your body doesn't normaly spike anyway - like away from resistance training and sleep. And did a 5 on, 2 off - or 10 on, 2 off. You say, "you can cause your hypothalamus to slow down or completely stop releasing it's own growth harmone" - just trying to elaborate on this a bit.

IMO - GH is one of those things that I think the pros over do but it has a lot of benefits (bodybuilding and general health/disposition) to it when it is used within certain limits. When you go to high in your use - then the negative side effects become very apparent - like anything...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm in my 3rd month and I'm falling in love with the stuff. I'm only doing 2iu's ED and again, I LOVE it even at those doses!!!! I can't wait till I add some test. It will take at least 3 months to see any benefits from it. I would say to run lower doses for as long as you can. Remember....HGH isn't a steroid and won't make you HUGE. But, combine the stuff with some Test, and from what I hear, it's amazing. I also agree to wait till your at least 30 years old...Most of the benefits you get from HGH you already get at an early age. I also agree with Warrior. BE smart. I got really bad sides even at doses of 2iu's! But they are finally going away.

GMuscle is offline Associate Member
    I will tell you from my experience. I took 1 1/2iu's of Saizen 5ays a week and 200mg of Deca a week for 8 weeks and gained 25lbs (This was real stuff from a Pharmacy). Every one was wondering what was going on. I got leaner and way bigger. I was benching 440lbs and went from 203 to 228lbs. However I noticed I got numbness in my hands off and on for a couple of minutes. I asked Mike Matarozzo at the gym if he got this and he said yes. I also had mild Carpoltunnel and my balls shrank some. They went back to normal after HCG and I keep alot of the gains. I got my stuuf from a Hormone Replacement Clinic in Florida and it was incredible. My cycle was as follows:
    WK 1-4 & 7-8 200mg Dca/wk
    Wk 5-6 400mg Deca/wk (against Doctors ideas of what was good)
    Wk 1-8 1 1/2 iu's Serono Saizen 5 days a week
    Wk 8+ 1,000iu's HCG/day for 10 days

This worked like a charm for me. It cost a little but I had a Presription and got great results. I trained for a long time before gear though. I think that makes a difference as well as genetics. Well there it is hope it helps.

Thread Information