semibig is offline New Member

Androgel, good or bad?

A buddy of mine was prescribed this stuff by a doctor because he's not making his own testosterone naturally. He gave me a bunch of this stuff and I've been smearing it own for about 3 weeks now. What can I expect from this stuff, is it beneficial or dangerous?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Not much unless you have hypogonadism. IF you do, then its pretty good. I know of many 40-50+ y/o people on it with great success.

I dbout you would even get much a boost of it otherwise. It probally will just shut you down and simply replace what you already had.

Thanks for the info. How long does it take the body to start back up it's natural test if I quit the androgel right away?

Depends. On its own...it could never actually, or it could in a month or two. Hard to say without a blood test.

With some clomid or nolva though, probally in a month or so.

Can 3 weeks cause that kind of damage? If so, what is clomid and how much is needed for a jump start?

jersey juice is offline Member
    I had/have a scrript for androgel because my body's levels were low. It replaces nat levels, the doses on the packets are 50mg which is like injecting 1 amp of test a week like people who are on cyp for HRT, same thing, but the docs want to make it easier for the patient. If your trying to use it to build mass forget it, it's just not worth it cost wise and you would have to use 2-3 packs a day. I know it cost me $45 for a 30 day supply and you can get the same kind of dosage w/ a long acting ester for say $28-30 depending on your source..

Quote Originally Posted by semibig
    Can 3 weeks cause that kind of damage? If so, what is clomid and how much is needed for a jump start?
    nah, just stop using it and forget about it. you should be fine.

Thanks for the info fella's. Take care.

Thread Information